How much longer will DDO survive?

How much longer will DDO survive?

• End 2024,mainten. mode (no Dev development, just servers on, usually the step right before shutdown)

• Until the end of 2025 and then 'maintenance mode'

• Until the end of 2026 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2027 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2028 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2029 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2030 and then 'maintenance mode'

• 2030+ (specify below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elminster

DDO is a lich. It's undead and will remain so until someone finally finds its well-hidden phylactery.
I'm on the hunt for the phlyactrey. DDO has hidden it well.

5dhi8of8k9y51.png

Elminster

Pfft that isnt even a challenge
I know. I've done it on R8 and I was sleeping. Dlord is incredible.

Like you sit there and you're like "OMG I'm being overwhelmed" and you're paralyzed not because you're going to die but you can't decide which tool to use to freeze them all.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
Honestly, as long as DDO has a dedicated player base, I don't see it dying. Retirees are gonna keep this game going until 2050 at least.

Elminster

Honestly, as long as DDO has a dedicated player base, I don't see it dying. Retirees are gonna keep this game going until 2050 at least.
That's the thing.

I think... as long as there is no DDO 2; DDO will be around for a long long time because old timers and retirees.

DDO Gaming

// https://www.ddoaudit.com/trends //

this chart tells you everything you need to know. I'm not sure the new VIP bonus system will increase population size but equally its an additional freebie to VIP accounts and freebies are always welcome...irrespective of the amount of "but it doesn't offer xyz blah blah" backlash.

Guys if you want a better game then kindly donate $$$$$ to SSG with precise specifications and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to implement your requirements

Elminster

// https://www.ddoaudit.com/trends //

this chart tells you everything you need to know. I'm not sure the new VIP bonus system will increase population size but equally its an additional freebie to VIP accounts and freebies are always welcome...irrespective of the amount of "but it doesn't offer xyz blah blah" backlash.

Guys if you want a better game then kindly donate $$$$$ to SSG with precise specifications and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to implement your requirements

Interesting.

It looks like after every hardcore season the players returning to the normal servers are less and less. DDO burn out maybe?

I wonder how SSG intreprets these numbers.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Until you post a true melee R10. Go pure 20 DLord and solo Grim R10.

It should be a cakewalk with Dlord being so OP and the CC's.

I know. I've done it on R8 and I was sleeping. Dlord is incredible.

Like you sit there and you're like "OMG I'm being overwhelmed" and you're paralyzed not because you're going to die but you can't decide which tool to use to freeze them all.
You should post video of you doing that R8. And what's with your obsessions with r10 solo Grim being the definition of a strong DDO character build? So many builds are amazing that don't go around soloing. It's almost like being a solid 1/6 or 1/12 of a group and making the group as a whole better should be what defines being good in an MMO. But please, post that r8 video so we can enjoy seeing you flex; you can post your caster doing r10 too.

Elminster

You should post video of you doing that R8. And what's with your obsessions with r10 solo Grim being the definition of a strong DDO character build? So many builds are amazing that don't go around soloing. It's almost like being a solid 1/6 or 1/12 of a group and making the group as a whole better should be what defines being good in an MMO. But please, post that r8 video so we can enjoy seeing you flex; you can post your caster doing r10 too.
just as soon as I can figure out how to blur out names and faces I would.

Mickeymouse

My theory is: Teleport scroll accessibility quest numbero uno. (in theory it would be 2nd, but memoirs got too much fuzz in it)

Elminster

The best 'gauntlet' quest that's relatively quick is the top-side route of Member's only. The challenge fight would be the gryphon in that same quest without using the cheese method.