Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Leesun

can confirm Cannith quest unlock
397977025_6871386412918226_8844970282012846467_n.jpg

TUF_rpg

Dear Orien:

You are so uber. Can we get your autograph?

Sincerely,

Ghallanda (previously misreported as a "dead server") :ROFLMAO:
I mean G-land only has to get 30 kills on each while Orien needs 50 soooo . . . hey good job G-land (not sarcastic) you still would have beat us if we only had to do 30 too because we had less than that when you finished. . .

dunklezhan

So I'm right that once an illythid invasion spawn point thingy in all the identified quests is exhausted, the event is basically pointless on that server until the next phase starts?

I only have a couple of hours a day at most to play, generally only every other day. Thus far I have not seen a single invasion point, despite killing hundreds (oh alright: dozens) of these illythid thrall champs.
Phase 1: no locations discovered when I played on night one. Logged on night two all locations exhausted, not into phase 2 yet.
Phase 2: by the time I got on to play it, all locations discovered and exhausted.
I am now set up to expect Phase 3 & 4 to be as bad, and demotivated to bother.

So far: extremely boring event from my perspective. Just as offputting as Crystal Cove used to be when you were depending on a server wide effort to open the cove. All I'm getting out of it is being killed more by the tougher champs.

I feel it would have been better if it had been like the original Mimic Hunt, where there are periods of high spawn rates for the main thing the event is about. Or maybe once the illythid invasion for this phase is active, it STAYS ACTIVE until the next phase starts so as many people as possible get to take part, instead of this demotivating competitive race with other players?

Last edited:

DDO Gaming

BTW elite dangerous has been running community events like this since pre-COVID hence I fully encourage SSG to thinkup more scenarios :) 👍

Of course in ED its way more dramatic with space stations invaded/destroyed etc etc

Imagine House K suddenly being invaded with all dungeons shutdown until the alien invasion is wipedout 👍 :)

SSG could then supplement that by creating sub-missions inwhich House K also needs supplies from other Houses to rebuild

Last edited:

Darksteel

BTW elite dangerous has been running community events like this since pre-COVID hence I fully encourage SSG to thinkup more scenarios :) 👍

Of course in ED its way more dramatic with space stations invaded/destroyed etc etc

Imagine House K suddenly being invaded with all dungeons shutdown until the alien invasion is wipedout 👍 :)

SSG could then supplement that by creating sub-missions inwhich House K also needs supplies from other Houses to rebuild
Not with the current game engine and infrastructure. Remember the game is using a single CPU and GPU core, the tech is so behind. Since the game launched we have had almost 20 years of tech, infra and cloud advancements of which none of them is in DDO right now.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Hopefully at the end of this whole Illithid Ineptitude BS, when all the "invaders" have been located and "thwarted" ... Elminster swoops in at the last moment and takes credit for "a job well done"!

:confused:
It would actually be fun if Elminster actually did show up in Eberron in Gatekeepers Grove to pontificate to them ...

Gyuma Bei

Hopefully at the end of this whole Illithid Ineptitude BS, when all the "invaders" have been located and "thwarted" ... Elminster swoops in at the last moment and takes credit for "a job well done"!

:confused:
And then says,

"But I have a new task for seasoned adventurers such as you in... Myth Drannor!"

Which would be in line with what Sev said that Myth Drannor edged out Planescape in the poll. That would somewhat make up for this rather meh event.