Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

saekee

long live ROGUE
Power Play. in the secret area below the electric floor middle room.
image-2.png
quick tip: Go left at entrance; when you get to main West section with the up ramps, FIRST pull the two levers on the ground level on each side of it (circle clockwise); then go up ramp to very top where you can open the door. This leads to the electric floor. A PLIS helps absorb the electric damage, or use Piston boots or something to get over the floor. Directly down below is the secret door and it is waiting right there. Door needs Search; true seeing is not enough.

A stealthy toon can get there pretty fast with little combat ;)

Last edited:

Col Kurtz

Finding invasion points and being at the lvl to help unlock them is like a lottery with no prize & the dungeons will be unlocked on each server after the event. Sorry, you exhausted a spawn point and all you got for your effort was nothing that won't be there next week. Calling this 'Participating' is a misleading and kind of snarky. People saying this just want the dungeons unlocked for their capped toons, get a few shinnies, and sell cards while they are at a premium in the shardX

I have run the new dungeon a few times and do not place myself above my comment above- but, I am not going around the forum telling people to go and 'participate'. If people have time to look for and complete spawn points then I'll just say thanks, and leave it at that.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I have seen two announcements on Cannith about places discovered. Was working on Power play, did about 6 of them there.

Hey and folks--stop using this thread to gripe. Please do it elsewhere; it is just clutter here and it is hurting other players.

vryxnr

This is semantics. ...
Semantics are important. Semantics are a large part of what allows communication to be possible, allowing us to understand the meaning behind our words. They allow for nuance. Dismissing semantics is dismissing nuance which is to intentionally dismiss the meaning trying to be conveyed.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Not that I'm targeting this reply at anyone specifically, but a few sentiments have been coming up a lot and honestly kind of wish to address it.

What I recommend is to realize that the event is to kick off the next wave of story for DDO (kind of like what the devil invasion did). Which will impact all levels of the game.

Instead of marketplace tent blowing up, we're getting 4 quests. And instead of a battle in the market place, we're getting an Illithid hunt.

I understand and empathize with the struggles of wanting to be apart of the action (find/fighting an invader), with your main, on a difficulty you're more comfortable with, to get a little goodie you can use right now, and on your own time and using only in game sources for tracking etc.. etc.. etc... I get it, but try to see the bigger picture here. Embrace the event and appreciate, at least, a little bit what is happening.

Tons of people from all over are banding together to deal with this threat. Community engagement and collaboration across all servers are higher than they have ever been. A new era of story telling is beginning! Even if you find nothing, as long as you're exploring in reaper, you're helping!

Not saying we can't offer feedback or criticize or make suggestions for future events, etc.. but if we could be just a little less selfish, a little less self exclusionary, a little more respectful, and put down the pitch forks to band together... the more everyone can enjoy what is going right now.

It saddens me that so many are wrapped up in what they think the event should be to not only not appreciate it but actively try to sabotage a pivotal moment in DDO's history.

This event is different. Special. I for one, hope that SSG continues to explore more and/or new avenues like this enhance the experience of playing this mmorpg. It really adds to the game, the experience, and to the stories we tell to others.

Redgob

Finding invasion points and being at the lvl to help unlock them is like a lottery with no prize & the dungeons will be unlocked on each server after the event.
No, dude. The dungeons will be unlocked when people do the event. If everyone was as selfish as you, we'd get nothing. So yeah, sit on your *** and wait, just like that. Thanks!

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Good post.
I understand and empathize with the struggles of wanting to be apart of the action (find/fighting an invader), with your main, on a difficulty you're more comfortable with, to get a little goodie you can use right now, and on your own time and using only in game sources for tracking etc.. etc.. etc... I get it, but try to see the bigger picture here. Embrace the event and appreciate, at least, a little bit what is happening.
I killed one in Phase 1, another in Phase 2, no interest in spamming a Q to exhaust it solo, only thing that annoys me with Phase 3 is it opened about 3 hours into my bedtime ; but that's just personal.
This event is different. Special. I for one, hope that SSG continues to explore more and/or new avenues like this enhance the experience of playing this mmorpg. It really adds to the game, the experience, and to the stories we tell to others.
I agree -- I joined DDO pretty much immediately after the Marketplace tent explosion, but I did get to participate in the devil invasion event that followed. Lots of fun !!

Might be cool if moving forward each of these quests had a small % chance, say 0.2% per skull, of spawning a mindflayer at its location, with optional xp and a chest for killing it, and all champs also being thralls.

Nerosothe

Finding invasion points and being at the lvl to help unlock them is like a lottery with no prize & the dungeons will be unlocked on each server after the event. Sorry, you exhausted a spawn point and all you got for your effort was nothing that won't be there next week. Calling this 'Participating' is a misleading and kind of snarky. People saying this just want the dungeons unlocked for their capped toons, get a few shinnies, and sell cards while they are at a premium in the shardX

I have run the new dungeon a few times and do not place myself above my comment above- but, I am not going around the forum telling people to go and 'participate'. If people have time to look for and complete spawn points then I'll just say thanks, and leave it at that.
I think grasping at people's reasons why they might really enjoy this event without formative evidence of their true reasons is only counterproductive and self defeatist to your own enjoyment. to put short; you cannot dictate why people are having fun just as I cannot tell you to start having fun. However, I would like to suggest that no one is trying to offend you or mislead you with the word "participation" nor the lack of direct compensation in forms of a mindflayer that may come with it.

I can fully understand the desire to want to actually find an ilithid. I tr'd 1-32 during this event and only ever was online and at the right level to fight one ilithid. Would I like to have fought more during my leveling? Sure, but this doesn't mean I got screwed over and didn't participate. For the first time in years I and my party was running stuff like necro 3, Threnal, etc and funnily enough having a blast trying to find these guys. The novel concept of scouring quests no one has run in years is fun for many and an amazing temporary game health boost for "dead" content.
This isn't supposed to be a lottery, to quote you're metaphor. This is a community wide scavenger event: and in scavenger hunt, many people wont find the golden goose so to speak. I would healthily suggest you may be missing the forest for the trees in this regard: the ilithid hunt part of this event is a minor and temporary piece of content that the community can enjoy if they're into that kind of content. Scav hunts are meant to curtail their enjoyment from participating, not being the "winner" so to speak (winning is fun too though but cmon if everyone wins that means satisfaction in discovery is greatly lessoned.
If you would like a comparison: When the last hardcore season rolled around, people loved it and it was, afaik, the most successful hardcore season in terms of playerbase. In the golden hoard scav hunt many people missed pieces of the hoard during their leveling process and had to either run another character to get the rewards or just lose out. I didn't, and cannot cite any forum posts or threads mentioning the level sensitive nature of the hoard pieces being terrible design like I keep seeing with this event. I will say I think a weakness of this event is that there are only the exact amount of mindflayer quests available and no extra ones like there were extra golden hoard chests in hardcore. However, despite the limitations of this event, I think this is another cool and fun way to engage the players regardless if its not universally available to all in the moment. Still, if this is not your cup of tea I fully get that, not all content is for everyone but saying it shouldn't be done because its not universally available and fun is like saying skill tree's like archmage should never have been reworked cause a majority of the playerbase never runs them.

Cheers and have a good day:)

Last edited:

Nerosothe

Not that I'm targeting this reply at anyone specifically, but a few sentiments have been coming up a lot and honestly kind of wish to address it.

What I recommend is to realize that the event is to kick off the next wave of story for DDO (kind of like what the devil invasion did). Which will impact all levels of the game.

Instead of marketplace tent blowing up, we're getting 4 quests. And instead of a battle in the market place, we're getting an Illithid hunt.

Tons of people from all over are banding together to deal with this threat. Community engagement and collaboration across all servers are higher than they have ever been. A new era of story telling is beginning! Even if you find nothing, as long as you're exploring in reaper, you're helping!

Not saying we can't offer feedback or criticize or make suggestions for future events, etc.. but if we could be just a little less selfish, a little less self exclusionary, a little more respectful, and put down the pitch forks to band together... the more everyone can enjoy what is going right now.

It saddens me that so many are wrapped up in what they think the event should be to not only not appreciate it but actively try to sabotage a pivotal moment in DDO's history.

Very well said! Cheers to that and thank you for the work youre doing in this community scav hunt:). The implications this event gives to the future lore of ddo is super cool and the scavenger hunt event is such a great temporary boost of engagement for the community and quests that arent run anymore because they are sub optimal xp.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Yo Orien, what's the #18 quest?

ETA: It's 11/50, so someone is farming it.

Last edited:

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Can somebody log onto Orien and look for someone who keeps hopping in and out of the same quest really fast?

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
That being said, based on the time pattern...11:45 launch, 3:30ish for phase 2, 7:15ish for phase 3... (times in eastern)... phase 4 would put us at around 11pm ish on Tuesday? Which.. basically means wednesday if true. Still within the expected timeframe though of about week for the event.

Though.. not sure how dependable that pattern is... if this event has done one thing it has crushed the majority of patterns I theorized. :p
Wondering if countdown might not start from the point when a new quest has been unlocked on all servers ?

Would timestamps for that support this theory or not ?

Unk

It could be worse I missed the devils invasion because of work and once again I miss this event because of work. I had one hour to play yesterday and thought well maybe I’ll get lucky and be able to at least kill a Mindflyer but phase three hadn’t opened yet. On a side note soloed Ravenloft 1 on r1 on my lvl 11 bear/rogue and the thrall died pretty fast. Thought they would be harder with all the griping I have been reading on here.

Still love that DDO is running events like this after so many years even if I can’t help out the community.

saekee

long live ROGUE
wow whisperdoom is really tough on reaper. Bring tons of acid resist...and don't forget nightshield/shield. Spawn point is deep within quest, ugh. This one will be the last to fall.