Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

PersonMan

Not sure if this will help, but a certain streamer person many years ago back in 1897, did a video of this. The pattern for success on that run was: CENTER lever first, then 4 o'clock lever second, then 6 o'clock lever third, then 8 o'clock lever fourth, then 2 o'clock lever fifth, then 10 o'clock lever sixth, then 12 o'clock lever last. Here's the video: timestamp 9:31 +
Thank you mister Vooduspyce person steamer guy thingydingy. Kakow!?! or it could just be like everyone thinks and expects...RNG?! hmmm
yes, this worked, did not work second time strangely?

Last edited:

PersonMan

Not sure if this will help, but a certain streamer person many years ago back in 1897, did a video of this. The pattern for success on that run was: CENTER lever first, then 4 o'clock lever second, then 6 o'clock lever third, then 8 o'clock lever fourth, then 2 o'clock lever fifth, then 10 o'clock lever sixth, then 12 o'clock lever last. Here's the video: timestamp 9:31 +
Thank you mister Vooduspyce person steamer guy thingydingy. Kakow!?! or it could just be like everyone thinks and expects...RNG?! hmmm
1 for 4 on that solution working, but better than 0...

Last edited:

TroggyTrog

1 for 3 on that solution working, but better than 0...
You may have to post things on the auction house and astral shard exchange and say some magic words or phrases in the voice of Christopher Walken for this to work 100%. But, it's just a guess. You really have to channel your inner Voodu, I guess. But, I'm glad that it at least worked.

Also, someone should try and get a screenshot of the illithid, as I may or may not have forgotten when I found it...
P.S, you have some time before it spawns after completing the puzzle.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Four attempts, zero successes.

Closest was the second attempt, where it dropped us on the fourth lever.

Running the same pattern each time.

Ahpuch

We also know that DDO does random by using several variants of an instance, if you solve the puzzle and can post any details about what was encountered along the way (did the first area you drop into include rust monsters, was there a button in front of the first scorp at the T intersection etc). Perhaps we can find a pattern that will match a solution and up the chances of success. Maybe even get an identifiable pattern that people can fish for.

Sqrlmonger

I really think the Rainbow Puzzle is completely random. This is the DM text for the puzzle:

You hear gears cracking and breaking. If this device were to work, it would be sheer luck. It could be dangerous.

It's possible this is a misdirection but it seems odd to have let the community think this for so long. Though it would be really nice if an above-average DC disable device check would be implemented to check the gears before trying them.

edit: I don't just mean for this event, I mean for the quest going forward since obviously any patch would be after the event at this point.

vryxnr

ok SSG spies, the other day when I said in my discord "rainbow in the dark at the end of the never visited sides" and behind that puzzle, it was a JOKE, we were joking about the worst placed it could be! *despair* 😭

PersonMan

we just had gate open and then the floor broke anyway... so much for 2nd complete...

- good old Missile Toe