Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Ahpuch

That... makes sense. People would have immediately known which quest that was. Not sure we needed to know that he didn't want to make that last bit too easy though. I dunno. Trying to read the tea leaves on whether it is even POSSIBLE to solve this thing is too much.
After the last 20 hours, I am now conviced it is just random. Yesterday I was thinking they wouldn't put it there if its not solvable. After trying the various ideas and looking for clues and running it over and over, I think it is random. I think I now have a good idea of the parameters of its randomness at least. Of course, I could still be wrong. I plan to never try to find out.

PersonMan

Think Cordo's comment was meant as a means to tell us where to find the Invader. not as if it were some revelation about how to solve the puzzle. I do agree, it would have lead us strait to it.

saekee

long live ROGUE
My original plan was to just post the following in chat but I figured it was too obvious:

When there's lightning, you know it always brings me down
So click middle lever; if there is lightning, release reset quest and try again?

The Narc

Any chance we can get a hint as to if the puzzle is consistently solvable or not?
Doubt they can answer that question!?!

They lack the understanding of most combinations in game(unless some i am so smart look at me streamer reveals in game secrets to them while trying to be the not so first to use something in game that the devs dont understand), they likely dont understand this puzzle combination.

There are many in game secrets that are never shared to streamers or on the forums, and guilds that dont allow devs to join them, and it is smart not to.

abc

Downsides:

I did find it annoying that you really couldn't fully participate without watching the forums and/ or reddit like a hawk. I don't have time for that.

If you're watching the forum then you aren't fully participating. Participating is finding it yourself. The fight itself is just a regular mind flayer with a few extra HP. If you consider that participating then just go to a quest with a mind flayer in it like Acute Delerium and kill it. Voila, you've experienced the event!

Kerkos

Two groups on Orien got the gate to open by simultaneously pulling all the unpulled levers at once. One group managed all 6, other group had 4 left. Timing is very sensitive apparently.

Sorry that I have not posted since figuring out the puzzle for Rainbow in the Dark. I have been away from the computer since I posted that. The clue for me was a post from Sqrlmonger. In which he comment that he'd noticed that VoodooSpyce was chasing the word 'lever' around the puzzle for the solution. He also commented that he did not know how to get the word 'lever' to appear for him. I have known for some time that if you're collecting multiple gold piles, you can tap the 'V' key a couple of times to make the word(s) 'Gold Pile' appear above the piles that you have not collected. I tried this while addressing this puzzle and VOILA!!

I have done the puzzle multiple times using this method. It's not perfect and I suspect that you have to have the cursor over the lever that you JUST PULLED for the game to high lite the next lever. I am also in the process of making multiple runs to determine if there is a correlation between the puzzle solution and the lower tunnel contents, fallen floors, traps (I doubt this one as it REQUIRES a trapper) and elemental button. If there is, I will place a solver on my DDO Tracker

TroggyTrog

uhm, no, that post was posted 22 minutes ago, well after it was found, and after some servers finished farming it too, and well after the hunt to de-randomize the puzzle was underway.

Correct. I apologize if I led someone to believe I was offering some kind of new hint.
Don't worry Cordovan. I already posted those DIO lyrics on my lunch break today. Been listening to a lot of DIO and even gave Kozybean a great DIO playlist on her stream last night. My personal favorite of his is Hide in the Rainbow. DIO and Rainbows are like peanut butter and jelly.

TroggyTrog

Sorry that I have not posted since figuring out the puzzle for Rainbow in the Dark. I have been away from the computer since I posted that. The clue for me was a post from Sqrlmonger. In which he comment that he'd noticed that VoodooSpyce was chasing the word 'lever' around the puzzle for the solution. He also commented that he did not know how to get the word 'lever' to appear for him. I have known for some time that if you're collecting multiple gold piles, you can tap the 'V' key a couple of times to make the word(s) 'Gold Pile' appear above the piles that you have not collected. I tried this while addressing this puzzle and VOILA!!

I have done the puzzle multiple times using this method. It's not perfect and I suspect that you have to have the cursor over the lever that you JUST PULLED for the game to high lite the next lever. I am also in the process of making multiple runs to determine if there is a correlation between the puzzle solution and the lower tunnel contents, fallen floors, traps (I doubt this one as it REQUIRES a trapper) and elemental button. If there is, I will place a solver on my DDO Tracker
Cool

saekee

long live ROGUE

wow that info would have saved a lot of players a lot of grief if it is true. It confirms my post in which I thought Voodoo had some kind of hint in which subsequent levers were pre-lit
if you look at the video by voodoo spyce, you can see that the gears that needed to be turned were lit up before he touched them. This was independent of his mouse hover. I saw this just now when i was doing it too with a level 17 toon. (I then hit the wrong one though as I was referring to the pattern suggested here.) So try standing in front of it carefully with the scepter and see if one lights up before you do anything. Start with the middle one i suppose and see what happens.

I fell down but did not matter, was running on a bank toon that could only open hard. I do not think i can make it to it on reaper let alone kill the squid.