Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

healertank

Argo "keepers sanctuary" is now also exhausted.
after 29 kills at least, it could have been 30 but I might have missed writing one down i think ... Normally I wouldn't have ran it more than once but seems people are either not in level range or just gave up etc because it was late start or whatever. Also, confirmed killing it and recalling without finishing quest does work.

Last edited:

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Power Play. in the secret area below the electric floor middle room.
image-2.png

Aronan

As i dont see the update - By way of status - whisperdoom only had what should be 1 run remaining to do on wayfinder as of a little more than an hour ago before it would be exhausted. Hopefully done by this point, but needs confirmation.
All discovered sites (With the exception of Power Play) have been reported as exhausted on Wayfinder.

Seems like people got bored with event. It is kinda a let down after you kill a few of them.
Well, to be fair, I think there's at least 4 obvious reasons the 2nd and third set of quests slowed down.

1. It takes 3-5 times as many kills as it did the first day to exhaust a point
  2. The quests they've been found in have been more unpopular and less well known than the first day's quests, for the most part
  3. The first day nearly every quest had a legendary version. Loads of people have at least one character at cap, fewer have characters in other random level ranges
  4. Weekends are raid times. All the most dedicated players who probably would be hunting illithids were more likely to be busy with raids (or with farming the already-available quests for cards)

Personally, I haven't participated since day 1 since I didn't have characters in those level ranges, and I figured the spawn point would be used up by the time I made a character in that level range and got them geared enough to survive reaper. I would have run Devil's Details, but that wasn't found until this morning, it seems, and I have to go to work.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I think there's a little disconnect in this event. The new quests that get unlocked at cap-only challenge quests.... but to get them unlocked, we need to run lower level stuff on reaper, that we can't enter on capped characters due to level lock out.

I don't know about everyone else, but there's a limit to how many characters I play. And making one-off characters is not something I like. It takes too long to set them up, and then to just delete them again after? No thanks.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I think there's a little disconnect in this event. The new quests that get unlocked at cap-only challenge quests.... but to get them unlocked, we need to run lower level stuff on reaper, that we can't enter on capped characters due to level lock out.

I don't know about everyone else, but there's a limit to how many characters I play. And making one-off characters is not something I like. It takes too long to set them up, and then to just delete them again after? No thanks.
I believe the intention is to encourage cooperation between the people on the great TR train, the people also doing the ER train, and the players who stay at cap. If they weren't level gating things, the at-cap players would just do everything straight away.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I believe the intention is to encourage cooperation between the people on the great TR train, the people also doing the ER train, and the players who stay at cap. If they weren't level gating things, the at-cap players would just do everything straight away.
I guess.... but the reward you get is cap-only. So you can either help unlock the quests, or get the new stuff, but not both. I still think that's kinda silly.

Ying

5000+ hours played
That's not disconnect. It's intentional to allow the entire server to be involved. Imagine the uproar if only max-level characters could participate in the limited-time event.