Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Shear-buckler

I've heard this perspective a lot, and I understand it... but I also disagree with it. In a PVE game where I need to not only own the content... but need my friends to own it too... it benefits me FAR MORE as a VIP for EVERYONE to have the content rather than just me have it and non-VIPs to be left out.

The coupon codes were a solid move from SSG during COVID and not only brought a lot of new/returning players to DDO, but also provided entertainment to folks during a really difficult time. VIPs have also received various other benefits since SSG offered the coupon (such as free gold rolls for a year) and this new program fleshes it out even more.

TL/DR- I "get" the perspective that the quest coupons made some folks feel like VIP is worth less than before, but also feel like this is a classic example of "no good deed goes unpunished".

The free pack codes did devalue VIP, feelings has nothing to do with it.

The move to yearly paid expansions has also devalued VIP.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I've heard this perspective a lot, and I understand it... but I also disagree with it. In a PVE game where I need to not only own the content... but need my friends to own it too... it benefits me FAR MORE as a VIP for EVERYONE to have the content rather than just me have it and non-VIPs to be left out.

The coupon codes were a solid move from SSG during COVID and not only brought a lot of new/returning players to DDO, but also provided entertainment to folks during a really difficult time. VIPs have also received various other benefits since SSG offered the coupon (such as free gold rolls for a year) and this new program fleshes it out even more.

TL/DR- I "get" the perspective that the quest coupons made some folks feel like VIP is worth less than before, but also feel like this is a classic example of "no good deed goes unpunished".
I don't think folks are upset at FREEQUESTS being given away per se, but more about the secondary effective indirect nerf to VIP. I think FREEQUESTS was/is brilliant. 👏👏👏

It was never an issue for me personally as I'm largely Premium and didn't get any advantage from FREEQUESTS either, but I do agree VIPs should have been given more as a result. 👍

Br4d

You think 10% more XP and those new gifts are worth $10 a month?

I wont be renewing and nor are people I know.

I was like this also. Then my VIP lapsed and I noticed I was moving slower. And had fewer character slots. And was leveling slower. Then I noticed that one of my alts (the one I play on Wayfinder when the power creep on my main server gets boring) had to play quests on Normal because she was a 1st lifer. Then I realized I had no gold rolls. Not even the one a week VIP's get when a daily gold roll is not available.

I decided to re-up for 3 months because I really wanted to play that alt and not being able to open on R1 was a deal breaker.

seph1roth5

Yeah I mean...it's literally worth less lol, not really an opinion thing. They should do multiple tiers (they seem to like that a lot).

$15 - Normal + 12-month garbage bonuses
$7.50 - No adventure packs or 12-month stuff, but qol stuff.

Could maybe even do another 7.50 with just adventure packs+12month plan? So people have options?

Br4d

The price of VIP has not risen since 2011. Probably not from before that.

What exactly do we want SSG to make money on from DDO?

If we're not having fun then it's time to go find something else to do. This is independent of what VIP costs.

Right now a month of VIP on any 3 month or higher bundle costs about as much as getting a meal at McDonalds. One meal.

Guntango

Nah. It ain't that deep bro. Make VIP valuable, this latest attempt is lame. At this point they're honestly just negligent with how they've handled their own program. They let it go like that old shed in the back of the yard. Throw some paint on it, plant a flower and make a little house for your kids to play nice in.

tl/dr; do better

Vox

Nah. It ain't that deep bro. Make VIP valuable, this latest attempt is lame. At this point they're honestly just negligent with how they've handled their own program. They let it go like that old shed in the back of the yard. Throw some paint on it, plant a flower and make a little house for your kids to play nice in.

tl/dr; do better
Crowdfund a buy-out

Lazuli

The price of VIP has not risen since 2011. Probably not from before that.

What exactly do we want SSG to make money on from DDO?

If we're not having fun then it's time to go find something else to do. This is independent of what VIP costs.

Right now a month of VIP on any 3 month or higher bundle costs about as much as getting a meal at McDonalds. One meal.
They have removed content that now has to be paid for separately (minixpacks and continuous xpacks, currently there is no new content added to the subscription). So yes, it has gone up. And a lot.

festasha

For me VIP rewards should not be something you can buy from the store, I'm not saying no to extra points, xp pots and +20 hearts of wood but I think VIP rewards should be something exclusive to VIP's only, and it should offer a QoL that would be too good to miss out on.
I would also like to receive all of my VIP perks on the day I purchase my subscription not 3, 6 or 12 months later, you should be making your customers excited about buying their next subscription not torturing them (gimme the shinnies, I needsy my precious).

Last edited:

Vyder

For me VIP rewards should not be something you can buy from the store, I'm not saying no to extra points, xp pots and +20 hearts of wood but I think VIP rewards should be something exclusive to VIP's only, and it should offer a QoL that would be too good to miss out on.
I would also like to receive all of my VIP perks on the day I purchase my subscription not 3, 6 or 12 months later, you should be making your customers excited about buying their next subscription not torturing them (gimme the shinnies, I needsy my precious).
Seriously who on there team thought lets give people people that sub for a year in advance the OPPORUNITY to get consumable rewards and after forum rage a mount and trail that you can keep. Are the inmates running the asylum?

The_Apocalypse

Lotta whiners and negativity here. Extra perks are just that. Better than nothing.
I don't think one way or the other. My point is that you are a VIP now, these are just extra things, which is better than NO extra things. The way people are reacting... in the real world, they would be like "Fine, you don't want the bonus items that you already are not getting, then we won't give them to you." To a lot of players, these are nice perks. It's the minority who are on these forums posting on everything that complain and don't like it. It's like little kids who don't want chocolate because it has caramel or nougat or one of those crispy cookies or a wafer or whatever in it... it's still chocolate. Chocolate you didn't have before.
I did not mention players who have gripes over past losses of what once were VIP-specific perks. Plenty of negative posts that do not mention that, either. As I've said, I don't care if you don't like the new Loyalty plan or if you do. I only mention people who have been whining and complaining about it. If you feel offended by me saying that, then you are probably who I am talking about.

Guntango

I did not mention players who have gripes over past losses of what once were VIP-specific perks. Plenty of negative posts that do not mention that, either. As I've said, I don't care if you don't like the new Loyalty plan or if you do. I only mention people who have been whining and complaining about it. If you feel offended by me saying that, then you are probably who I am talking about.
You've now officially whined more than the whiners who only posted once.

Dunspartacus

Sorry if I missed it somewhere but have we been able to see videos of how the two cosmetics (trail and mount) will look? Those are kinda the main things I'm interested from in this program so it'd be nice to see how they look/behave in game.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)

tl/dr; do better
You might be right, but I bet a lot of people still have VIP and a lot more get it. Repackage all of the VIP Loyalty Reward Program into a supporter pack for $99 and toss in a year of VIP and most would have purchased without questioning at all.

tl/dr- Q2 next year we're gonna see a bunch of folks on Cloud Mounts.

Vox

Sorry if I missed it somewhere but have we been able to see videos of how the two cosmetics (trail and mount) will look? Those are kinda the main things I'm interested from in this program so it'd be nice to see how they look/behave in game.

Not sure why they didn't have a gif on the webpage showing exactly that.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
How easily you recognize the only thing of value to come from a year of VIP, glad I could help you with that. Now maybe they can fill in the other 11 months with something that would inspire your mentioning and then we’d all be happy.
I had a 3-hour stream the other day about all the things I find valuable in the VIP Loyalty Rewards program. Would be happy to have you on to discuss it if you want?