Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Ying

5000+ hours played
Unpopular opinion: The rewards are fine. The reason to have VIP is the 10% XP. 380k less heroic XP to earn? Yes please. Get back to level cap faster with 825k less epic XP to earn? Great, I prefer playing at end game. 10% reaper XP? Gimme. Can't get that any other way, and it works with Otto's boxes.

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
Since the greater VIP bag of many things has 12 hour potions in it to chose, it would be nice if the "normal" bag of many things could maybe have 6 hour potions in it. I don't really have any use for any of the current contents in the VIP bag of many things.

Cordovan

Community Manager
@Cordovan Do the rewards like the artisans advantage or discovery boost stay (and stack if reissued in later years) or are they only active for that specific month?
They are persistent for as long as you remain VIP, and if they do persist on the list long enough for you to be able to earn them more than once they will indeed stack, so you'd get a +2% named loot drop chance.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
They are persistent for as long as you remain VIP, and if they do persist on the list long enough for you to be able to earn them more than once they will indeed stack, so you'd get a +2% named loot drop chance.
I suppose the question becomes at that point, what is the max stack for that bonus? If I'm VIP for 10 years, is that +10 boost? :eek:

J1NG

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
So I have potentially two questions.

1. Does LoTRO have something like this?
2. If yes can someone post what their bonuses are compared to DDO?

Well Koopa while not exactly the same LoTRO has this at the least

VIP Benefits Include​

• 500 LOTRO Points Per Month
  • Additional Inventory Slots
  • Exclusive access to Legendary Servers
  • Exclusive rewards like faster crafting & lower item wear**
  • Access All Quest Packs & Skirmishes***
  • Access All Monster Classes Access
  • Mailbox Field Access
  • Exclusive server bonus events for VIPs
  • Priority Login in the Queue
  • Daily +100% XP Bonus*
  • Additional Wardrobe Space
  • Free Weekly Gold Hobbit Present
  • Exclusive perks like using Town Services anywhere**
  • Exclusive Character Portrait Frame
  • All Crafting Guilds
  • Maximum caps on auctions, currency, & more
  • Unlimited Chat
  • Use Destiny Points on in-game perks
  • Swift Travel

Owlbear

Can't wait for the day everyone gets those Storm Cloud Rider Mounts and I can't find any NPC's vendors anymore :ROFLMAO:
Kinda sad the Lightning Storm Trail cosmetic can only be active when you're VIP. I prefer playing games without a subscription because I play a lot of other games too. Seems like there is also a plan to add new rewards for like 18th and 24th months (likely different cosmetics) to keep VIPs subbing every year. So I don't really see a reason why the cosmetics aren't earn to keep after VIP expires?

And can we get a confirmation if we can only get these cosmetics in the first 12 months or can we still get them like in 3 years if we skip several months in between? Meaning players who take VIP breaks can never get the 12th month reward because it gets replaced after 12 months?
And will there be a catch up mechnanic? For instance someone doesn't like the cosmetics of year 1. Can they start earning the cosmetics of year 2 on month 1 or do they still have to be 13 months VIP while they don't even want the year 1 content?

Last edited:

wdhvenrick

Perhaps the rewards you earned for having spent 6 and then 12 months as vip should stay since you've paid for them before. And I understand the percent bonuses stopping but to me it sounds like they reset and disappear when VIP lapses. Maybe they should resume exactly where they left off if you suddenly lose VIP on like year three of loot boosts

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Perhaps the rewards you earned for having spent 6 and then 12 months as vip should stay since you've paid for them before. And I understand the percent bonuses stopping but to me it sounds like they reset and disappear when VIP lapses. Maybe they should resume exactly where they left off if you suddenly lose VIP on like year three of loot boosts
If I'm reading it right, they remain in your stable, just if you want to summon them again, you can do so once you become VIP again (even for 1 month).

J1NG

glass_jaws

Any chance we can get the 12 hour potion broke up into smaller chunks in the greater VIP bag? 6 2 hour potions instead of 1 12 hour potion for instance? Longer potions end up getting a lot more wasted time. For instance if I get to cap in 3 hours, then I am not going to want to raid on that character while I have 9 more hours going.

There is an inherent pressure to try to get the most value out of the potion while you have it, and having smaller durations also us to pick and choose more effectively instead of trying to maximize 12 hours of playtime.

Ahpuch

They've got a year to figure out the next rewards.
Thankfully they have a plan now. Since it took them at least 2 years to come up with this 1 year plan, I wouldn't want them moving forward expecting they can come up with a new year of options within 12 months. Looks like it will rollover back to month 1 but items may change over time.
This list updates periodically, so new things will replace existing things sometimes. You'll start with the new month 1 at month 13.

Epicsoul

Unpopular opinion: The rewards are fine. The reason to have VIP is the 10% XP. 380k less heroic XP to earn? Yes please. Get back to level cap faster with 825k less epic XP to earn? Great, I prefer playing at end game. 10% reaper XP? Gimme. Can't get that any other way, and it works with Otto's boxes.
I believe it's important to consider the broader context of the VIP program's value proposition throughout the past few years.

While the XP boost is undoubtedly beneficial, it's essential to acknowledge the shift in the VIP program's offerings. In the past, VIP membership provided access to quest packs, classes, races, and other exclusive content throughout the year. However, since 2020, most of this content has become accessible to all players for free.

Given this change, it's reasonable to question whether the VIP program's cost aligns with its diminished offerings. While the XP boost is appealing, it doesn't fully compensate for the loss of previously included content. As consumers, it's fair for us to evaluate whether the value provided by a subscription service justifies its cost, especially when there's been a noticeable reduction in benefits.

DDO Gaming

Given this change, it's reasonable to question whether the VIP program's cost aligns with its diminished offerings. While the XP boost is appealing, it doesn't fully compensate for the loss of previously included content. As consumers, it's fair for us to evaluate whether the value provided by a subscription service justifies its cost, especially when there's been a noticeable reduction in benefits.
Well...if you're comparing 12 month DDO against 12 month amazon/prime...hmm. I can see benefits to both