Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Careall

Although as club members we appreciate your time at the club during hardcore seasons, we must make you aware that we have long time standing VIP members that continuously support our club and in return we provide those said members with additional benefits. We do in fact provide you with the opportunity to become a continuos member at the club if you so choose at which point we will also provide you with such said benefits.

I hope this conveys our position as a club and we hope you will consider being a permanent member in the future.
I get it, but I don't find being part of a club valuable enough to pay for it. It seems like circular logic: I pay to join a club that gives me the right to join the club by paying for it. I appreciate the invite, but the club has to interest me beyond being a club. Outside of HC season, DDO just isn't giving me the rush of dopamine I've become addicted to.

Zuldar

so in this scenario once you've claimed the fourth reward and are eligible to receive the fifth, you will get the fifth the next time you speak to the NPC
Will they be able to do so at the same exact time they claim the fourth reward or will they have to wait another month to get the fifth reward?

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
still as clear as mud. Let me ask in a slightly different manner:

I'm VIP, and I claim rewards 1-4 as soon as available.

I don't log in for three months (but am still VIP), when I log in again, I can claim reward 5. This is clear.

Can I immediately talk to the NPC again and claim 6 and then again for 7, or must I wait until the first of next month to claim 6?
You can only claim one reward per calendar month, you would be eligible to claim #6 on the first of the next calendar month.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Will they be able to do so at the same exact time they claim the fourth reward or will they have to wait another month to get the fifth reward?
Once a reward is claimed for the month, you'll need to wait until you are next eligible to claim your next reward.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
From what Cordovan has said, I would guess it means one "reward" per month. So you do lose out on missed months.

Funnily, this means VIP per Month, is safer (and same price) as VIP 6 month or 12 month, but there's no chance of missing out.

J1NG

The Narc

I get it, but I don't find being part of a club valuable enough to pay for it. It seems like circular logic: I pay to join a club that gives me the right to join the club by paying for it. I appreciate the invite, but the club has to interest me beyond being a club. Outside of HC season, DDO just isn't giving me the rush of dopamine I've become addicted to.
Cone join us in Extreme Mortal Voyage Permadeath, it makes hardcore look like a cake walk.

Owlbear

You can only claim one reward per calendar month, you would be eligible to claim #6 on the first of the next calendar month.
Can you opt out of year 1 if you for instance only did 3 months and claimed the rewards but 9 months later Year 2 starts and you want to start that year because you like those cosmetics way more? If not it will take +9 months to even start Year 2... and over a year before you get stuff you actually want.

And are the cosmetics only available these 12 months and never come back? Or will these still be available years after?

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
They are persistent for as long as you remain VIP, and if they do persist on the list long enough for you to be able to earn them more than once they will indeed stack, so you'd get a +2% named loot drop chance.
This makes me think that they are (at least tentatively) planning on doing rewards beyond month 12. Should this program extend into month 13, 14, 15, 16, 17... 34, 35, 36, +... then eventually you could end up with some pretty hefty bonuses (IE: +5% chance to named loot items) or a stable full of VIP-exclusive mounts, etc.

IF this is the plan, then the benefits for VIP would cumulate and become better and better over time. Which incentivizes folks to stay VIP each month and provides more value based on the length of time you're VIP.

Is the dev team able to share if there are any plans to continue this program past the month 12 benefits?

Ahpuch

The Loyalty Reward Program is not tied as directly as your scenario indicates to the length of time you are a VIP, so in this scenario once you've claimed the fourth reward and are eligible to receive the fifth, you will get the fifth the next time you speak to the NPC. The reward program is based on the number of rewards claimed, not strictly on the amount of time you have been VIP, although for the first year it will play out that way since everyone's making their first trek through the table.
Thanks for the clarification Cordo.

Shear-buckler

This makes me think that they are (at least tentatively) planning on doing rewards beyond month 12. Should this program extend into month 13, 14, 15, 16, 17... 34, 35, 36, +... then eventually you could end up with some pretty hefty bonuses (IE: +5% chance to named loot items) or a stable full of VIP-exclusive mounts, etc.

IF this is the plan, then the benefits for VIP would cumulate and become better and better over time. Which incentivizes folks to stay VIP each month and provides more value based on the length of time you're VIP.

Is the dev team able to share if there are any plans to continue this program past the month 12 benefits?

So yet another mountain to climb for new players? I don't like where this is going.

Guntango

TRing your VIP Benefit? I'd buy that.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Can you opt out of year 1 if you for instance only did 3 months and claimed the rewards but 9 months later Year 2 starts and you want to start that year because you like those cosmetics way more? If not it will take +9 months to even start Year 2... and over a year before you get stuff you actually want.

And are the cosmetics only available these 12 months and never come back? Or will these still be available years after?
There is no "Year 1" and "Year 2" in regard to the VIP Loyalty Reward program. This is a VIP log in reward program that awards something once per month and currently has 12 months of benefits before it cycles back to the first reward. While the list of rewards will change over time, this isn't a yearly calendar style list.

KylerrTheMajty

There is no "Year 1" and "Year 2" in regard to the VIP Loyalty Reward program. This is a VIP log in reward program that awards something once per month and currently has 12 months of benefits before it cycles back to the first reward. While the list of rewards will change over time, this isn't a yearly calendar style list.
XD

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
So for now, month 8 & 12 are lightning trail and cloud mount.

If they change to say fire trail and flying carpet, will those who claimed the lightning trail and cloud mount lose them in favor of the new rewards, or with they have both trails and both mounts?