Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Sorry, folks, I spoke incorrectly based on not being up to speed on a point of the VIP Loyalty Reward program, and I want to correct that now:

The VIP Loyalty Reward Program does indeed continue on past the 12th reward; the plan is to continue to add to the reward list over time. So, once you've acquired the 12th reward, you will be eligible for the 13th reward the following month.
OK, now I have a new question:
IF someone new starts next year, after early adopters have acquired the cloud mount and you have come up with the new set of rewards do they:
Start at Month 1 of the list we see now -OR-
Start at month 13 of the new list?

Aelonwy

They will start at month 1 of the list.
That could eventually become problematic depending on how long the came continues.

For example, consider the game goes on for another decade... a new player, that is a child today might join the game as an adult and see a VIP award coming that year but be told they need to be VIP for 10 consecutive years before they are eligible. ? Idk many people told they had to wait for 10 years to acquire a cosmetic for instance would see that as reasonable.

I do not have a solution for this but perhaps someone could give it some thought before it becomes an issue.

Dude

That could eventually become problematic depending on how long the came continues.

For example, consider the game goes on for another decade... a new player, that is a child today might join the game as an adult and see a VIP award coming that year but be told they need to be VIP for 10 consecutive years before they are eligible. ? Idk many people told they had to wait for 10 years to acquire a cosmetic for instance would see that as reasonable.

I do not have a solution for this but perhaps someone could give it some thought before it becomes an issue.
If that becomes a problem, I think we'll all be very happy.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
For existing VIPs that have been so since joining (well over a year)... do we get to skip ahead?
No, everyone starts from month one.

I thought it was in the FAQ (it should be added) but it must have been an early reply.

Also, the FAQ should be changed re: keeping the lightning trail and cloud mount.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband

Perhaps a selector, you can pick one of the cosmetics (assuming the cosmetics & mounts are always on 8 & 12)

Owlbear

Let them choose which one they want to unlock. Let's say this Loyalty system has run for 5 years and there have been 5 different trails and 5 different mounts. Every 6th and 12th month you get to pick one to unlock. This also prevents you from having to 'earn' the ones you don't want for a year. Or do a trail token and a mount token. Which you can exchange for one you want or future ones.

Shear-buckler

Not worth my interest as most rewards are already available in-game and any QOL or cosmetic are not permanent . gees you can do better monthly (mandatory checking with the "giftgiver" ) got to be kidding me . if i did not already have VIP I would not recommend this as motivation . DDO can do better .. example LOTRO
They can't do much better with this system. Any actual VIP bonuses they add have to be insignificant on their own or they will create a massive wall for new players a few years from now since it's literally impossible to catch up.

What they can do is add better consumables, but that's not really exciting as you can just buy the things for a lot less money anyways

Shear-buckler

The solution is pretty simple. Add a cap to the "bonus track".

Jasves

Just increase the bonus XP. That would probably be all I need to go VIP again.

The new VIP reward system does not have anything interesting to me to entice me to go back to VIP. If they upped the bonus XP VIP gets to more than the current 10%, that might change my mind. 5% or 10% more would be nice.

The fluff and cosmetics has no interest to me. New mounts are just cosmetics as far as I am concerned.

cdbd3rd

One update: We will be doing away with the requirement that you remain VIP in order to summon/use the trail or mount, once you've acquired it, it's yours.

Okay, that's a start...

I'm understanding that the mount thing is currently a 1-character only thing? If so, it needs to be an account-wide stable mount like the unicorns & such.

Making more of the stuff 1-time permanent unlocks might help as well.

Spook

I still think I would make all the perks permanent but also add a generous base amount too .eg

VIP base xp uplift +10%
earnable +1% per year

VIP base named item drop rate +10%
additional +1% per year

Increases the value of VIP for everyone and rewards long term loyalty.

VIP buddy bonus +5% per person
additional 0.5% per person per year

Meat-Head

My 2 sats:

Do NOT give away store items (mostly)
Instead have QoL upgrades. The bank space is good, imo. Keep it to 10. But, here are other ideas:

1. All-In-One teleport ability or item ONLY active if VIP: Eveningstar, all expansions, All teleport/g. teleport/word of recall locations, and ship teleport locations which includes desert, GH, Shavrath, etc. and maybe add a couple (this alone would be great imo)
  2. Exclusive cosmetic for weirdos like that stuff
  3. Maybe very minor store item like free hair color changes?
  4. Plat gains interest?
  5. +X VIP SWIM bonus. Kinda serious. It's minor but kinda neat in a couple of scenarios. I know it's silly. But, I'm thinking of QoL things that DON'T take away from store and AREN'T PtW things
  6. Moar public run speed? (is this already maxxed with horses?)

Anyway, my thought would be stick with QoL things rather than store things in general.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Okay, that's a start...

I'm understanding that the mount thing is currently a 1-character only thing? If so, it needs to be an account-wide stable mount like the unicorns & such.

Making more of the stuff 1-time permanent unlocks might help as well.
It should act as other mounts, once given/obtained, it goes into your stable, and anyone can (now) summon for use once obtained on that account.

J1NG

Svirfneblin

Not exactly Christmas.

I really just want more XP more storage space and daily gold rolls.

The clouds and lightning cosmetic are cool though kudos to that.

Reduced item wear chance …. 300SXP..come on now stop kicking me in the shins

Why is LOTRO’s stuff so much better than ours?