Introducing: The Underdark Patron's Coffers!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
My 2 issues are:
1) My god, storage space in the game is horrbibly limited that this is actually tempting. It'd be nice to have storage management that didn't resolve around whale level purchases; it should be basic QoL for that not $$$.
2) If I do buy the biggest tier, is SSG going to just turn around and release an almost identical mount via drop? Bought top tier for feywild unicorns... they add it to the raid. Got Dread's raptor mounts... they add it the raid. There's a patern here...

Khurse

It's overpriced (but that come from me thinking everything in DDO is overpriced) more to the point

Is there a better picture of the cosmetics? I swear (like most of the other stuff I complain about) SSG has some good ideas, then they just... fail at implementation.
Most game companies seem to have developed the "We want you to buy this cosmetic so here's a way to see what it looks like on your character"
SSG is like "here's a shot of it in a dark background, maybe you could just spend the $80 and whine about it later if you don't like it?"

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
I see lots of "feedback" about the price. That's capitalism - SSG prices it at what they think will sell, and you choose whether or not to pay it. Offering what you think its worth is good feedback as well, as it may help SSG with data regarding future sales if this one doesn't meet their expectations.

However, I don't understand belittling or chuckling at players that buy the bundle. For some like me, this is practically the ONLY game I play, and if players choose to spend disposable income on a panther vs. alcohol, golf club covers, vapes, fishing poles, dining out, etc, that's their business.

Maybe this makes me a putz, but I usuallly buy these things (and continue to be VIP) because I want SSG to continue to support DDO, and to do that they have to make money. If you choose not to, that's fine too. But making fun of players who do enjoy cosmetics and are willing to pay for them is petty, IMO.

popejubal

Character Bank space worked here also. Note that it is not "inventory" space, just Character Bank (your own storage in the bank) that gets increased.

J1NG
Thank you for saying that. I had read what they wrote as if it were extra character inventory “running around in quests” space and was actually considering paying the DDO points. I’m glad I found out before I wasted my money.

Lagin

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Slylok

One year later and no raptor mount dance. How far in the future are we talking?

Mad props on the Kitty mount and storage though! I really needed it with the level increase and items being bound to character. Any chance there will be a "soon" time to buy 20 character bank slots for each of my characters?

Any chance these 2 new mounts in the past year also mean we can expect more choices to come? Hell Boar would rock! How about the underdark Lizard mounts? I would love to get a mule for my wifes account and find some way to block here for using any others :D

Lacci

There is a long list of fixes and improvements I need to see in this game before I would even consider buying a package like that.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I pretty much never spend DDO store points. I have in excess of 20k on my main account. 8000, while not an insignificant amount, isn't that big a deal to me.

YMMV

Aelonwy

A bit pricy, but I want the mount. Still, $72 and some change for what's offered is. . .excessive. I hate to think of what the vecna expansion is going to cost.

I'm just saying, starfield, a full game that's coming out soon, costs less than these cosmetics.

This^ is my concern as well. They ALREADY have expansions that cost more than new games and not all of their expansions truly live up to name. Now we have a basically cosmetic bundle that costs as much as an expansion?! Whatever. This is more about them putting such a ridiculous price tag on STORAGE and some people being absolutely desperate for more of that... I'm glad there are whales that can support the game in this way but I think its absurd that its necessary? Is that the right idea? Why is it necessary for storage to be so overly valued? Why is it a good idea to charge expansion prices for a cosmetic bundle? I understand its capitalism but at some point it turns into greed and like the amphisbaena will end up eating itself.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Mathematical observation:

Converted to USD, the price tag for the most expensive coffer comes out to about 80$ - 60$ if you only buy points during a Double Bonus Points weekend.

This is less than the cost to upgrade from the standard edition of an expansion to the Ultimate Collector's Edition, and since, as far as I see it, you actually get better stuff, you're getting better value.

In short, these packs are probably actually less monetised than some of the pre-existing content. Plus, of course, since the currency is earnable at a fairly decent rate in-game as long as you don't mind running low-level content over and over again for a few weeks (or if you've been a VIP for a long time), you may actually be able to get your hands on one without spending money at all. (Take note of a couple of comments in this thread from people who have done exactly that.)

Amoneth

This^ is my concern as well. They ALREADY have expansions that cost more than new games and not all of their expansions truly live up to name. Now we have a basically cosmetic bundle that costs as much as an expansion?! Whatever. This is more about them putting such a ridiculous price tag on STORAGE and some people being absolutely desperate for more of that... I'm glad there are whales that can support the game in this way but I think its absurd that its necessary? Is that the right idea? Why is it necessary for storage to be so overly valued? Why is it a good idea to charge expansion prices for a cosmetic bundle? I understand its capitalism but at some point it turns into greed and like the amphisbaena will end up eating itself.
SSG, you know you've missed the mark when the Queen of Cosmetics herself says "Off with your head!" :LOL:

Vlyxnol

I have to admit I am quite concerned about this bundle and the timing for it.

I am personally a big spender on this game and have long maintained that SSG should offer more new cosmetics on their store to help with funding DDO, so my issue is not with that at all. Although the price tag is a bit on the outside of what I would prefer still, thats not really a problem for me as each individual will just have to decide whether its worth it or not for themselves.

No, my issue is explicitly with the timing for this - we are a very short time away from being able to pre order Vecna Unleashed and its according bundles. Particularly considering the limited time offer, its as though this was a very predatory choice forcing people into buying this bundle from FOMO without the full knowledge of what we may be getting from the expansion bundles. For all we know there will be a very similar panther mount from the biggest expansion bundle that might cause some people to choose to buy that instead of this.

I am very frustrated with the anti player choice made with this bundle and am currently wrestling with myself, as intended I find myself feeling the fear of missing out because what if there is no panther mount in the expansion bundle, while also wanting to NOT buy this bundle in protest for the shady business practices.

SSG please, you need to announce the expansion bundles now so people can make informed purchasing decisions. It is not cool at all to try and monetize the game by fooling the playerbase.

droid327

Question - are symmetrical armors in the game only going to be Store items from now on? It seems like every otherwise cool armor thats given out with events, Remnant purchases, etc. ends up with some godawful asymmetry to its design...and then you come out with this, which appears to demonstrate that you do, in fact, know how to make armor symmetrical...

I really hope you're not doing that on purpose, knowing players generally prefer symmetry

The "Khopesh" is actually a "Long Sword" in-game.

I imagine that's so it can avoid proficiency issues, since Khopesh is an Exotic weapon of course

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
I'd never spend that many $$$ just for this, though I could see myself just waiting until I've accumulated enough DDO points on the TR choo-choo train then get it. I'm basically just using those points nowadays to get extra bank space on my alts anyway, so functionally it's more of the same.

EDIT -- Oh, only available 'til June 28th ? So no then.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
$200 is nothing when it is a mass griup of people in a guild, make it a $1000 and then each person has to pay more and they will, its not fleecing, its simple economics of demand, streamers need the people in their guilds to help make sure they look followed and have peole to stream with, make the ships a part of their expense ofndoing streaming business. Thats just SSG taking a slice of the streamers pie, as is the way with all business.

Streamers will continue to promote, here is how you get all your hardcore rewards, get to cap and run legendary reaper with xp pots going(hence the opportuntiy for SSG to increase xp pot prices and make more money). Its a pay to win technique, 400k can be done without soending money its just a longer road, paying to win makes that shorter, so just increase the price because they have the analytics of who is doing it each season and i guarantee if you raise the price the same people will keep doing it.

I am not sure if your comment about unhappy people was directed at me, as i am very happy and enjoy my DDO gaming experience a ton. As for using the terms whale and pay to win, these terms exist in this game and many others, these arent insults they are playstyles, i support those playstyles as they keep the lights on for me and many other players. As with any market thise plystyles have an elastic point tonwhich the band of money can be stretched so lets get it stretched to where it actually has come to some resistance(again this is a reference to the analytics they have from hardcore). The lack of price increase to guild ships has been the number one thing i have been shocked about as having no increase, it would be the first thing i would hit hard i the board meetings about game revenue, and the analytics for who would spend on it would give you a visual pointer for who your biggest whales are.
I may be misunderstanding this, but it seems to me like you are telling SSG to screw over everyone on prices and try to farm out streamers. Basically saying the hell with anyone who doesn't have gobs of money to toss around. I'm not sure where you studied economics, but that's not how good business actually works or generates constant income.