Is everyone having Frame rate Issues too?

Woodyrocker

I play on Cannith and several people said they need to reboot the game from time to time to keep on playing, the frame rate is dropping to like 15-18 frames but it becomes normal again when we reboot the game.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This--we should know that we need to find the most important dev post right now somewhere hidden within a thread posted by a player. I asked Cordovan there to kindly make a thread by him about this.
He probably should make his own post (the staff tracker exists but apparently people never use it?). He really should have details about the issue posted to the launcher because lots of people never even come to the forums.

2UI21eY.png

I'm glad somebody posted this... I was gonna make a thread if somebody else didn't.

I'm also on Cannith and having this issue.

I'm losing frames badly, and it's actually giving me migraines if I leave it too long. It's particularly pronounced while using mouse-look or strafing, which I do constantly.

It seems like it gets progressively worse the longer you play, which kind of leads me to believe it's (yet another) memory leak in the client.

It also seems to be just DDO, because I played other, newer, games at 200 fps with massive spawn waves and there's no issues then, and my PC is not even 2 years old.

Either way it's awful because I stream DDO every weekday at 09:30 hrs so it would be great if they'd look at this issue before I have to drop it to stream something else.

Ellisaria

I'm glad somebody posted this... I was gonna make a thread if somebody else didn't.

I'm also on Cannith and having this issue.

I'm losing frames badly, and it's actually giving me migraines if I leave it too long. It's particularly pronounced while using mouse-look or strafing, which I do constantly.

It seems like it gets progressively worse the longer you play, which kind of leads me to believe it's (yet another) memory leak in the client.

It also seems to be just DDO, because I played other, newer, games at 200 fps with massive spawn waves and there's no issues then, and my PC is not even 2 years old.

Either way it's awful because I stream DDO every weekday at 09:30 hrs so it would be great if they'd look at this issue before I have to drop it to stream something else.
They are looking into the issue, but have not found a solution yet. Might not be a bad idea to brainstorm some alternative content to have prepared for a few days.

Vua

Well I can't say all of us, nearly everyone or the vast majority, but as long as I'm not being too forward, I'd say a solid portion of the playerbase is experiencing this issue

pame12

Guys, it's saturday, nobody is working on this :ROFLMAO:
The poor community manager is just holding the fort, hopefully he's getting paid extra for that!

Toede

It is also fiscally irresponsible to leave your game in an almost unplayable state for the weekend when everyone is logging in for your anniversary event. And then you wonder why people don't stick around, let alone sub? Not trying to be mean, just saying...

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I'm not personally seeing these FPS drops (that I've noticed anyway), but at least one of my guildies is hit hard by it. I really hope we'll get a patch for it very soon.

pame12

It is also fiscally irresponsible to leave your game in an almost unplayable state for the weekend when everyone is logging in for your anniversary event. And then you wonder why people don't stick around, let alone sub? Not trying to be mean, just saying...
Yeah, that's why in a serious company/organization, you DON'T do production changes on a friday.
For the tech company that I work in, we do overtime for our clients, and if you happen to do a production change on a friday, then you better have a damn good reason or you'll get sacked lol (happened once).
And that rule exists for a company that works overtime, imagine NOT doing overtime, AND doing production changes on a friday :ROFLMAO:
These jokers...

pame12

I'm not personally seeing these FPS drops (that I've noticed anyway), but at least one of my guildies is hit hard by it. I really hope we'll get a patch for it very soon.
It progressively gets worse the more you hide/unhide the UI, which the game does everytime it loads a new area apparentely.
So you won't get this issue if you just login and start wondering around eveningstar talking to npcs or looking through your enhancements/feats. After about 5 zone loads you should start noticing it with weird mouse movements, after 10 it's decently bad.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
It progressively gets worse the more you hide/unhide the UI, which the game does everytime it loads a new area apparentely.
So you won't get this issue if you just login and start wondering around eveningstar talking to npcs or looking through your enhancements/feats. After about 5 zone loads you should start noticing it with weird mouse movements, after 10 it's decently bad.
Earlier today I played through Spies, Wizking, and the four in the first Estar chain. Didn't relog, and no noticeable slowdown for me, no weird mouse movements.

But as I said, I know it happens because a guildy is hit hard by it. I just don't know why there's a difference between the two of us.