Kali's Build Repository (regular servers + Hard Core Leagues!)

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
It is always a pleasure to read your build updates Kali!
Thanks! :)

I am curious to know if any of these characters were originally from HCL?
They are not really. I've been around since 2006, though originally in the European servers. Back then TRs did not exist, and I had already started creating my stable of characters with the classes I enjoyed playing the most. I got moved to the servers here around 2009, and since then I carried on enjoying playing alts vs the grind of one character becoming completionist.

A curiosity about me: my alts started off as several mules, and as my loot hoard increased over the years, each mule started holding one specific type of weapon. I went from there, and ended up actually 'tying' each alt (apart from casters) to a specific main weapon type: the entire planning process of the build then fits around that weapon choice. Lets me explore lots of classes, races and builds really, love it :)

I have a couple of characters I kept from HCL, but they are currently bank toons, since I got the favour for Kundarak bank and Coin Lords inv on them ;)

Last edited:

Coffey

It is a more the way of most mmos to play end game content after leveling them to cap. Then leveling them to the new cap after major updates.

I am looking to play end game content with my favorite characters from HCL. I dont have the time to play to get anywhere in HCL generally but i enjoy the excitement of the new server and the grouping option. I try to play different builds every season to change it up.

You have inspired me to advance my favorite HCL characters to play at cap and join the raiding scene!

Kalibano

I am looking to play end game content with my favorite characters from HCL.

You have inspired me to advance my favorite HCL characters to play at cap and join the raiding scene!
That's great to hear Coffey: sounds like a great plan to be honest. The endgame raiding scene is great, lots of fun.

Really pleased to inspire others to advance first life characters (and/or chars with just a few past lives): contrary to what some players try to convey, first life characters are very viable and able to make very meaningful contributions at endgame and higher difficulties.

Last edited:

Kalibano

Made some adjustments to my Build repository:
> builds organised by categories
> all builds moved to the first page for ease of access, without needing to scroll through the pages

Hope these changes are helpful! :)

Kalibano

HCL-9.jpg

Though not made with the Hard Core League in mind, the builds in my repository provide stats/numbers that are:
  • based on what a first-lifer (or someone with minimal past lives) would have, unbuffed, outside of reaper mode (they do, however, include equipped gear and partially completed filigrees for endgame stats).
  • indicative of the potential minimum amounts that can be achieved with the investments that were proposed
I hope they provide some ideas/inspiration for Hard Core League 9!

I have also compiled several suggestions for melee defensiveness and survival that should hopefully be helpful too!

Enjoy! :)

Kalibano

Weapon critical profile section of several builds updated to include:
> breakdowns of the threat range and multiplier​
> average additional base damage %​
- for weapon crit profile (after feats/compentence bonuses applied)​
- for crit profile boosts (e.g. on 19-20 rolls)​

Example from my Dark Hunter build:
E. Weapon Critical profile 15-20/ x3
Critical threat range
Base
> 18-20: Rapiers​
Feats
> +3 feat bonus: 'Improved Critical: Piercing' (feat)​
= 15-20
Critical damage multiplier
Base
> x2: Rapiers​
Heroic enhancements/spells
> +1 competence bonus: Tempest's 'Deflect Arrows [C4]'​
= x3
Average additional base damage = +60%:​
Critical threat range 15-20 = 6
Critical damage multiplier x3 (-1 to remove base) = 2
> 6 x 2 = 12
> Each point = 5% more average base damage​
> 12 x 5% = 60%

> Crit damage multiplier boost = +2 (15-20/x5):​
Feats
> +1 on 19-20 rolls: 'Overwhelming Critical'​
Epic Destinies
> +1 on 19-20 rolls: FotW's 'Nature's Fury's [T5]'​
15-20/x5 = 6 x 4 = 24
24 x 5% = +120% more average base damage

Hope this extra info is helpful.

Kalibano

Slowly working through the recent changes to update each build. RL been a bit busy lately, but hopefully I can get to this soon!
Since I don't play only what's 'meta', most of my choices actually got boosted, which is a great thing.

In the meantime, hope this repository remains a useful resource, and that people keep enjoying the builds.

Kalibano

The majority of my builds have now been updated to reflect the U66 changes.
Working to get the last few ones done sometime soon (currently in the middle of a holiday with my kids :))

Kalibano

The only build left to update ref the U66 changes is the Barbarian THF CON Melee DPS build Ravager.

Sadly it lost one of its key synergies: 'Visage of Terror' using CON for its DC formula. Now it uses Intimidate, which for a build like mine, creates the massive inconvenience of having to squeeze in gear with intimidate and Charisma to make that ability work.

So that build might take a bit longer to update, as it now involves gear tetris.

Kalibano

20k+ views on my Barbarian Ravager build!

My first individual build to reach this many views. Still seems to be the most popular in my repository:

2024-04-Kali-s-Top-5-builds-based-on-views.jpg

Enjoy! :)