Ki Bolt, Magic Missiles, and Ruin Make Muggle Monks Moan

DBZ

What imbue would you use and how many dice can you fit in

Was thinking of stacking multiple light effects lgs radiance or lantern ring for more procs

Can have 5 procs right now that all scale Inev, Dragon armor magma, Acid dot ring, Radiance, Sounding

Last edited:

DBZ

Are you sure melt fang scales, lob rings same dot, legendary alchemical tier 3 same dot

They should all scale do you have screen shots comparing all 3 since the balance pass

DBZ

Might want to re test ninja nerfs today least i had some fun and just like that its gone

peng

After some testing with the alchemical acid ring, it seems that the acid dot does not scale with melee or spell power if it procs off attacks (but it can deal double damage on doublestrikes) or spells (but it can crit). However, it seems to scale with 3x melee power if it procs off ki bolt (and can crit).

Edit: Not sure how viable it would be, but I could totally see making a build that takes 3 monk or 4 sacred fist just to get ki bolt, and all its damage is based off that and procs. Eg sacred fist or henshin imbue, draconic mantle, alchemical acid dot, and various other items that proc damage off spells (assuming they scale as well) like the other alchemical, dino, and LGS procs, resonation, and lantern ring.

Last edited:

DBZ

Orchid got completely gutted so thats def gone

Can anyone test a brightgaze and give us some numbers thats a light proc too i think

Last edited:

FatBudScream

Keeper of Kebabs
Exactly the type of things I keep doing for years... WL was my starting point due to possible 2 or 3 base magical elements, then adding all possible procs the game provides, and testing them.
When do they proc, melee/range or spell, both of them ?
How often they proc, do they have an internal cooldown.
What type of procs ? DD, Dot stacks + Dot debuff (preventing restack or not)
What height of proc - and the same proc on different level overstacking or not ?
Are those procs working with SP/MP/RP (because they should not unless stated in description)?
Does those procs go past target immunity once removed (because a DD should but a Dot not always since debuff duration)
And in the end, are they raised by vulnerability debuff, because some are not.
Oh for a final headache, can you proc on a damage shield if your DS is a spell and not a skill? Try it ;p

Now that you can add your own vulnerability stacks by your build choice, its a game changer, but that Time Stop is SO powerful I smell a rat.
Anyway in group/raid more vulnerability from others is a delightful show.

Doing it with a melee is funny, and on the other side it proves that in DDO , melees can range/spells/breath/aura without a second thought, it can work awesome and is just a choice.

Kudos to the hilarious and funny build.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

Tilomere

Orchid got completely gutted so thats def gone
That and the primal no-save AoE strikes were gone the moment they started talking about giving ranged AoE attacks. To keep the total AoE no-save damage in balance with the game something had to be recycled, especially to prevent ranged AoE attacks + AoE no-save spells. That's why this build was built around adrenaline. They would only nerf adrenaline to the power of other single target abilities.

No different than monk instant kills being recycled to barb and fighter and a lesser extent DH. It's the Circle, Circle of Life. It keeps the game in balance, things fresh.

Last edited:

DBZ

Did some more research have you ever tested the perfected vulkoorims pendant

The snake bite proc sounds very interesting chance of on attack and spell cast of 1d3 level drains but is very unclear

DBZ

Yes but is it and has anyone tested it and is it single shot or aoe

Lgs says 100 single only no info at all on snake bite

could be real good for a sorc instakiller free debuffs then the weirds

Last edited:

Tilomere

Ahh I see you found an answer in general. I think when it is close to an existing effect, it is safe to just assume it is the existing effect.

Sorc instakiller isn't a good build imo, because it leaves heal, tank, and dps, which a PUG group will generally fail to fully fill with a powerful character with 1-3 powerful characters per group and 1 of those being a sorc instakiller. Make that sorc an instakiller + heal or tank or dps, and that's a good build. It's like how monks were complaining even before QP nerf because that's all they built around. Instakiller isn't a role, so QP monk failed, while this is heal + tank + dps trinity, so it doesn't. fail. Or see how every instakiller build out there complains about a lack of dps (trinity role). It's ok to have instant kills, feel free to slot in some assassinate if you want, but if you go all in on it, your build will be less powerful for pugging than a trinity build, unless you consistently play in pre-made groups where trinity is already covered.

With Fan of Knives nerfed after a decade, looks like they are removing any no-save ranged AoE dps ability that can be stacked on top of ranged AoE dps attacks. On a plus side, now that Fan of Knives is a purely melee or ranged power ability, it may work like Ki Bolt now and be even more useful in its nerfed form than its original form. Just stack ranged AoE attacks (Head shot + inferno + epic AOE ranged attacks), and use draconic + FoK for mantle for single target?

Edit: looks like they deactivated it as a spell. No on spell hit effects affect Fan of Knives SLA now, making it broken for everyone.

Last edited:

I dont Like gimps

Ahh I see you found an answer in general. I think when it is close to an existing effect, it is safe to just assume it is the existing effect.

Sorc instakiller isn't a good build imo, because it leaves heal, tank, and dps, which a PUG group will generally fail to fully fill with a powerful character with 1-3 powerful characters per group and 1 of those being a sorc instakiller. Make that sorc an instakiller + heal or tank or dps, and that's a good build. It's like how monks were complaining even before QP nerf because that's all they built around. Instakiller isn't a role, so QP monk failed, while this is heal + tank + dps trinity, so it doesn't. fail. Or see how every instakiller build out there complains about a lack of dps (trinity role). It's ok to have instant kills, feel free to slot in some assassinate if you want, but if you go all in on it, your build will be less powerful for pugging than a trinity build, unless you consistently play in pre-made groups where trinity is already covered.

With Fan of Knives nerfed after a decade, looks like they are removing any no-save ranged AoE dps ability that can be stacked on top of ranged AoE dps attacks. On a plus side, now that Fan of Knives is a purely melee or ranged power ability, it may work like Ki Bolt now and be even more useful in its nerfed form than its original form. Just stack ranged AoE attacks (Head shot + inferno + epic AOE ranged attacks), and use draconic + FoK for mantle for single target?

Edit: looks like they deactivated it as a spell. No on spell hit effects affect Fan of Knives SLA now, making it broken for everyone.
I mean as sorc Instakiller u are usually also responsible for cc (in most quests) so practically Only red name dmg -->group presses hood
and u can easily smack Cocoon or exalted if ya need wings and heals or US renewal+Lay on hands without sacrificing stuff just personal choice between tankyness from primal mobility exalted and betta US heals

BiggerTrolls

A question—the tics get high from spell crit, I assume they are affected by spell crit multiplier damage?
It looked that way to me. One of the fun parts of this "build" is the gear options. You can stretch to fit in more melee power or go for spell power focus. Luckily adrenaline is still functional after 66(like before, works about nine times out of ten). Do take Tilomere as the heart of knowledge in muggle wizard land, it's best to stick to dps/heal/tank combinations. Pushed spell power felt kinda meh, but it was very funny to watch the reactions of random people in pugs when your monk fires off ruins and dots to death rednames/bosses.