Lamannia Update 64+ Feedback: Legendary Chronoscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazuli

Slow rolled heroic & epic versions, neither had the new fight mechanics from what I saw, just the raid lockouts.

IMO the heroic/epic raid lockouts is a bad thing; late entry on raids people rarely run is a big selling point to those versions. Devs should roll that back.

edit: Transformation scripting on the end fight seems broken, it's not changing at set points; the boss may only do 1 or 2 forms.
I agree. As I said before, it makes the raid more difficult to play, since it is not so easy to get a group together in a decent amount of time. It is better to start the raid and let people join. Many people hate waiting a long time for the group to complete, but they join when they see that the raid is already active.

If a raid has to have a lockout, it is better that it not be at the beginning, but rather towards the end, like deathwyrm or von5 have.

Uppsy

Must admit unfortunately I am quite disappointed by the lack of creativity in relation to a new story surrounding Chronoscope. At first I thought it was going to have a new story and Nelle was going to come back with us from the quest givers dialogue but huge slap in the face, just the same raid made legendary. A possible story idea could have been actually rescuing Natt Gann and bringing him and Nelle home (with the same fights etc etc).
From a story perspective very disappointed to see another cut and paste but more hp on mobs and the odd new mechanic here and there.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Bloodplate: Needs a more prominent visual when his fire shield (Power of Shavarath) is up. Currently you can barely see the fire shield. It's too easy to miss his verbal when he says it with all the other stuff going on the screen. Was hitting me for 450 on R4 with 56% fire absorb, 100 MRR and 89 fire resist.

Liy

The amount of time the boss teleports in the sewer fight is insane. It feels like every 5 seconds so if you are melee, by the time you reach him (wherever he has teleported to) he is teleporting again. Add onto that the sheer number of circles that plant you in place seems a bit much.
If the mechanic is to keep the circles down in order to do full damage to him, it is near impossible to keep the circles down plus trash plus chase him across the entire sewer every 5 seconds.

With all that said, like the new mechanics - makes it interesting for sure but it might be a bit overboard in the sewer.

Viamel

The circles of scorn are very cool mechanically, but there are way too many of them which makes the fight un-fun and frustrating.
Razor Arm teleports too much, the teleport mechanic is very cool and I think his combat mechanics are excellent, its just the teleport frequency that I have issue with here.
For the volume of trash spawns the bearded devils sure could be yellow names so we can instakill them above normal, at the rate of spawns keeping on top of them with an instakiller would be a very full time job. Having *some* orange names rather than every spawn would make them feel more like the leader of the pack rather than the baseline trash spawn.

Bloodplate's Fireshield mechanic is super cool, please make it significantly more visible, the Fire Over Morgrave boss's fire shield is probably the right idea here.
Bloodplates cleaves hit crazy hard, this is fine in terms of scaling but a clearer tell for the Orthon cleaves on both bosses would make playing around it enjoyable instead of a random party wipe for non ranged groups.
The disease circle mechanic is excellent, 10/10. It's not too punishing to take the first tick and you don't want to stick around in it, excellent space denial mechanic.
The armorer debuffs are super cool, as is the spell caster debuffs.

The fight at the beginning of the raid is a joke, which is maybe fine for the story of the initial ambush but its a bit dull.

The Abishai boss fight is very cool, I think the individual Abishai before they conjoin could stand to have toned down versions of the Conjoined devastator's special attacks, giving some meaning to not just fighting them all in a big clump.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The circles of scorn are very cool mechanically, but there are way too many of them which makes the fight un-fun and frustrating.
Razor Arm teleports too much, the teleport mechanic is very cool and I think his combat mechanics are excellent, its just the teleport frequency that I have issue with here.
It's a brutal area as a healer. Line of sight broken constantly & circles preventing trying to get to people heal them.

vryxnr

Does DDooring out of the end fight area after killing the boss to save a few seconds of annoying monologue-ing put you outside the lockout point and screw you out of the end chests or even being able to finish it?

Or does the lock just prevent people from entering (as opposed to letting you enter but not letting you travel back in time via the chronoscope)

(not on Lam atm sorry)

Last edited:

CBDunk

- no lockout (or a very late lockout when the end fight starts)

Yes.

All raids / quests / zones effectively have lockouts the moment any chest is opened... players who join after that point cannot get anything from that chest. That's really all you need to prevent people from seeing some item of loot they don't need and calling in others to come get it.

You are concerned that people will join late and thus be able to get loot w/o having to do any work? Well... you know they can do that anyway, right? Players can enter a raid (or whatever) and just... stay at the entrance, or some other safe spot. In Chronoscope, it is not uncommon to have a 'designated talker' who stays at the overlook point with Veheer to advance the quest. So what you're really accomplishing with lockouts is preventing players who WANT to take part in the challenge from doing so.

Thus, if you absolutely MUST have some sort of lock that prevents people from entering/participating, please make it as late as possible... like, the moment the final boss is DEFEATED.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Perhaps one day dispelling raid boss effects will be a viable strategy for casters that choose to specialize that way. But it isn't today. Quench, Dispel Magic and Greater Dispel Magic have no effect versus Power of Shavarath. The maggot disease circles can't be dispelled by Break Enchantment. Globe of Invulnerability has no effect on both.

somenewnoob

You guys REALLY need to rethink the lockout mechanic. (And not just for this raid, but for raids in general)

Players don't like waiting ages for raids to fill. The population is waning. You gutted several servers with your "free transfer" fiasco exacerbating this problem.

Chrono especially has ALWAYS been a "I'll start this solo" sort of raid and let it fill as you go. I can't even remember the last time I ran chrono and started it with 6 or more people.

Throw lockouts into the "raid flagging" and "mandatory wild runs to get to raid" mechanics that need to die in the fire of history.

Change this. It's bad.

Falkor

The lockout being added shows again how very little the devs play this game and know about the player environment and experience. Being merely clueless would be a level up.

Last night I joined a chrono at the eight minute mark, and we were done by 15. We had the last person join just as the end fight was finishing. Imagine making people wait to even get started. That'd be fifteen minutes where a group had to just sit there and do nothing. The decision to make people wait isn't just bad game design, it's disrespectful of peoples time. This is change for the worse.

The _only_ way I see it making sense is if the legendary version of the raid drops legendary loot. Making people go through the full effort rather than skipping to the end makes sense. But the lockout for heroic loot that needs leveled up, does not. As it stands, most of that loot gets trashed.

I see some good decisions come out of SSG, like finally making dino raid items available for purchase via runes .... and then I see little zingers like this decision and change to Chrono that makes me wonder whats in the morning coffee.

It's another example where I'd rather attribute this decision to bad choices than malice. Though I'm not convinced.

As for Chrono being turned into a legendary raid, I guess that's ok. After all the hype I was expecting something more, different or new. That's my own mistake, I should know better by now.

I guess all creative juices and fiscally responsible use of developer time for the year went into making a 'cursed card' mechanic. Time to cookie cut and paste old content and call it new. *jazz hands*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.