Lamannia Update 64+ Feedback: Legendary Chronoscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotoc

If the raid won't drop legendary loot directly could it add a crafting ingredient for adding mythic to items in the formerly S/S/S crafting system?

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Chromatic regeneration should allow for them to be healed by matching element.
Also fairly easy to just "wall tank" blood plate on many of the pillars in the bank room. He's an orthon he should be able to teleport around those!

Running on legendary resulted in heroic loot, an epic chest (that didnt drop tokens), the same runes as the heroic/epic, slivers of time, and no threads.

There was also no raid death timer other than the usual reaper timer.

I expect the lack of threads to be a bug, and I hope getting heroic loot in a legendary raid is also an oversight because even through you can upgrade it, it feels really bad to open a chest at the end of a raid and get gear that is 27 levels below you. Mythic / reaper boosts also cant be acquired on loot that is upgraded which is also disappointing.

I really hope that this raid is changed to just drop the legendary loot in addition to the crafting mats if someone wants to get it another way.

It also feels weird to be able to get legendary end game raid loot and not need to run a legendary raid (looking at you gem of many facets) since all the loot is acquirable simply by running the epic version instead.

Raids locking out is something that always feels really weird and bad to me. If theres 10 or 11 people in a group that can handle the raid Id like to get going, but if we do, then someone logs on they either cant join or we have to restart and that feels bad. If the concern is people wiping and releasing out, then reentering, why not replace the raid lock with a reaper lock that locks once you exit the dungeon?

Thank you for the work!

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
The sewer fight is Legendary Annoying.

When fighting some of the Circle of the Great Scorn as a melee (20 Rogue with TWF daggers), I had to keep moving forward while rooted in the circle in order for them to take damage. So perhaps reduce their circle radius ever so slightly so that isn't necessary.

ETA: fixed typos

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
Is it just scaled up chronoscope?
Pretty much.

There are new mechanics for each boss fight. Bloodplate has a persistent disease circle, the sewer fight has annoying wisp circles that trap you in place (this is the hardest part of the raid), and the end fight has some additional circle/triangle area of effect mechanics.

One other note is that bloodplate is pretty easy to safespot by hiding behind the pillars and intiming. He just stands on the other side and shoots bolts into the pillar. He might want to be made to teleport on top of you or have some other mechanic!

As ying said, the circles for the scorn might want to be slightly smaller for easy of melee, though if you jump into them you can land on top so might not be a large issue.

End boss is cool, though I feel like there could be a little more going on there, maybe make trash spawn faster / more consistently?

Lazuli

Saltmarsh has legendary loot in quests, but also an upgrade system from heroic. Couldn't we also have both options here, since the upgrade system is already created?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This was in heroic, looks like the raid lockout applies to all versions of the raid (I recalled and tried to re-enter to verifiy the lockout). So it's no longer the casual, can join late raid; which is a shame.

6B59efo.jpg

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Slow rolled heroic & epic versions, neither had the new fight mechanics from what I saw, just the raid lockouts.

IMO the heroic/epic raid lockouts is a bad thing; late entry on raids people rarely run is a big selling point to those versions. Devs should roll that back.

edit: Transformation scripting on the end fight seems broken, it's not changing at set points; the boss may only do 1 or 2 forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.