Lamannia Update 64+ Feedback: Legendary Chronoscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

droid327

*Chanting* Save Nat Gann! Save Nat Gann! Save Nat Gann!

Please. The Gann's story has languished in unresolved heck for more than a decade.

Save Nat Gann!

Careful what you wish for

We'll find out the events of Chronoscope created a bootstrap paradox where Nat disappeared because he got sucked into a temporal vortex created by us as we went back to rescue him.

Then we find out he was thrown into a pocket dimension outside time and space, where he lived on for untold millenia studying the nature of the universe in an effort to find a way home. Along the way, he was responsible for creating...the Codex of Infinite Planes :D

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Indeed - we're adding in a legendary-only chest right now that will drop threads, Star Fragments, and the Legendary-level loot directly.
Very nice, makes getting the loot much less painful. Thanks!

Top Hat

Indeed - we're adding in a legendary-only chest right now that will drop threads, Star Fragments, and the Legendary-level loot directly.
since you are adding in the ability for legnedary gear to drop straight in the difficulty would it be reasonable and easy enough to also make the epic gear drop in the various raids on epic difficulty also? pretty please?

Uppsy

*Chanting* Save Nat Gann! Save Nat Gann! Save Nat Gann!

Please. The Gann's story has languished in unresolved heck for more than a decade.

Save Nat Gann!
I fully agree with this. Wrap up this story and let us finally save Natt Gann. Make Legendary ToD and have him as a prisoner! With a side quest to report to Nolan Gann after he’s rescued and him back in the Market. A little like that note in Repossession which gives a quest/reward

DBZ

Any chance the chest could also drop a spark like the Saltmarsh spark or make that one available for raid threads

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

please remove the herioc and epic lockout. nobody runs it for the loot, its for the xp. if you keep the lockout, will you start adding a lockout to every quest in the game to lock people out of xp? this is like adding a lockout to korthos. like, really?

droid327

Want to add my voice very very strongly to the argument that the Blood Razor fight is a pure annoyance tax now

I was able to solo on LN with my Paladin through the first Orthon fight no problem. It was fun, made me pay attention, but it was a good fight. Then I get to the fight in the sewers...figured out the new mechanic, OK no problem, I adapted. But once I was able to find and get to the purple name, I could barely get off four or five attacks on him before he started his teleport script and went invulnerable on me, leaving me whiffing on the rest of my rotation. Thats assuming he didnt just knock me back before I had a chance to do even that much. Then I have to find him again, navigate the maze of circles, and hope to land another couple attacks.

In ~10-15 mins of this I was maybe able to get him down 20%. So I'd have to spend an hour whittling him down like that. Again, nothing that was going to kill me, just force me into this horrible gameplay loop of futility.

I know its a raid and technically not meant to be soloed...but even a full party of melees would have the same issues I had as a solo melee. This fight is just a nightmare, in a "very bad game design" way.

Either he needs to stay in melee far longer when you catch him, or he needs to have far fewer HP (and maybe up his Deflect and MRR, so he isnt totally trivial vs ranged players)

droid327

please remove the herioc and epic lockout. nobody runs it for the loot, its for the xp. if you keep the lockout, will you start adding a lockout to every quest in the game to lock people out of xp? this is like adding a lockout to korthos. like, really?

People are going to run it for the loot now that they've added a Legendary chest with threads and stuff

DeathTitan

Running on legendary resulted in heroic loot, an epic chest (that didnt drop tokens), the same runes as the heroic/epic, slivers of time, and no threads.

There was also no raid death timer other than the usual reaper timer.

I expect the lack of threads to be a bug, and I hope getting heroic loot in a legendary raid is also an oversight because even through you can upgrade it, it feels really bad to open a chest at the end of a raid and get gear that is 27 levels below you. Mythic / reaper boosts also cant be acquired on loot that is upgraded which is also disappointing.

I really hope that this raid is changed to just drop the legendary loot in addition to the crafting mats if someone wants to get it another way.

It also feels weird to be able to get legendary end game raid loot and not need to run a legendary raid (looking at you gem of many facets) since all the loot is acquirable simply by running the epic version instead.

Raids locking out is something that always feels really weird and bad to me. If theres 10 or 11 people in a group that can handle the raid Id like to get going, but if we do, then someone logs on they either cant join or we have to restart and that feels bad. If the concern is people wiping and releasing out, then reentering, why not replace the raid lock with a reaper lock that locks once you exit the dungeon?

Thank you for the work!
I agree with you: they should prevent players from entering only when someone recalls like it happens already with reaper quests.
Right now waiting for a full 12 men raid before starting, discourages the creation of new raid groups from scratch (people join more easily when the raid group is almost complete).

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is this still a thing? I thought reaper lock out was removed?
There was a several month period where reaper lockout was removed and then it was added back in. It's removal occured around the same time as a HC season, so it might have been a side effect of work done for that season. It was pretty nice when someone bailed from a pug and the group could refill vs being locked; it prevented those occasional accidental locks. It was a shame they added it back in.

Mnemor

I agree with you: they should prevent players from entering only when someone recalls like it happens already with reaper quests.
Right now waiting for a full 12 men raid before starting, discourages the creation of new raid groups from scratch (people join more easily when the raid group is almost complete).
The lockout should only be at the end, like in deathwyrm or von 5.

I oppose this change. It makes difficult to get groups to play the raid. It works much better when you can start the raid short manning and have the group fill out as you go.

Devs, do you know how many people refuse to wait for the party to be complete? No more lockouts at the beginning of raids, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.