New VIP Loyalty Reward Plan ... Thoughts ?

Montagor

derisory​

1. adjective
Offering 300sxp as a reward to VIP players, when anyone can almost trivially get that by going out and killing one of the purple named outside mobs in IoD.

(I say almost trivial... pretty much any legendary character can solo Vixorshal, many can solo the other two, and a small pickup group can handle them all with ease).

Ahser

My thoughts? For me, it's mostly meh. I'd rather have a bigger xp bonus, more xp elixirs or veteran status on reincarnation. And the mount isn't cool at all.

As for LotRO, they get lots of better things. I really wish we could have some of them.

erethizon1

It's enough to make VIP worth it. This plus all existing perks make VIP a no brainer if you play DDO a lot. For $99 for a year of VIP - 6500 DDO points, the perm 10% XP boost, saga skip, elite open, a +20 heart, special weekend boosts, extra storage, extra character slots and all the other stuff I'm not mentioning. I think that's pretty good value. People need to keep in mind this new program is in addition to existing perks, it's not meant to make VIP worth it all on its own.
It is pretty crazy how much people expect to get for $10 a month. VIP comes with a huge list of bonuses already. Some of the suggestions (like the post above you) would make more sense if VIP was $50 a month. I suppose there is little harm in having $10 and $50 versions of VIP.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
It is pretty crazy how much people expect to get for $10 a month. VIP comes with a huge list of bonuses already. Some of the suggestions (like the post above you) would make more sense if VIP was $50 a month. I suppose there is little harm in having $10 and $50 versions of VIP.
$10 a month is considerable.

That's more than a Netflix account and I get a ton more value from Netflix than I do with any single video game... possible exception of 19,000 time GOTY winner Baldur's Gate.

erethizon1

Too many items are "while VIP", which means you don't get the rewards -- you get the option to lease the rewards. You don't get them right away even when you pay for a year in advance.
VIP has always been a leasing system ever since the game went F2P. They are finally making the wise decision to add rewards over time so being VIP longer will be more rewarding (rather than cancelling your subscription every time you step away from the game for a month).

erethizon1

$10 a month is considerable.

That's more than a Netflix account and I get a ton more value from Netflix than I do with any single video game... possible exception of 19,000 time GOTY winner Baldur's Gate.
I get way more value from any game I am playing because I use it more hours a month than any video subscription service. Games are on another level of entertainment compared to the relatively boring nature of TV and movies.

Cmecu

Cmecu

in case you missed it Cordovan posted this:

Which to me solidly changes the value of the VIP changes, maybe not quite as high as you initially determined but certainly far higher than I was willing to value the list at first blush.
TY for the heads up. That is surely a good change. I think there were plenty of people pretty livid about the renting thing :D

Cmecu

DDO could literally give people everything they ask for and then they would ask for more. You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you can please DDO people none of the time. Bunch of fing cry babies. Go play a better game. Oh wait, there isn't one. If there is and you are not there playing it explain. Nevermind, you just want to cry and complain.

There are plenty of better games, but the problem is the people I know here are not playing them there. I leave this game all the time to play other games for long periods of time. I like DDO Reincarnation system. If there was another newer updated game that had the same concept I would be playing that instead.
My biggest beefs with DDO are.. Bank space. They need to work on giving us a huge default shared bank space. They create all these items and we have no where to put them. I dont like paying to buy content, then have to pay again for bank slots to put all the items. 10 bank slots that some with an expansion is a joke.

Weaponalpha

There are plenty of better games, but the problem is the people I know here are not playing them there. I leave this game all the time to play other games for long periods of time. I like DDO Reincarnation system. If there was another newer updated game that had the same concept I would be playing that instead.
My biggest beefs with DDO are.. Bank space. They need to work on giving us a huge default shared bank space. They create all these items and we have no where to put them. I dont like paying to buy content, then have to pay again for bank slots to put all the items. 10 bank slots that some with an expansion is a joke.
Name these games.

Fizban

Will this encourage you to resubscribe? Or be a new subscriber? or is this meh-sauce?

The description isn't clear if you get to keep your vip sparkles and cloud mount if you turn VIP off. Could a dev clarify what happens there? Cloud mount looks cool though.
Dude, the new VIP notes are crystal clear that if you turn off your VIP status the VIP benefits will be suspended or not acccessible unless you turn them back on. It just seems that some people can read the exact same thing and get different results.

To be clear - If you're not a VIP you DO NOT get the VIP benefits.

Dom

Dude, the new VIP notes are crystal clear that if you turn off your VIP status the VIP benefits will be suspended or not acccessible unless you turn them back on. It just seems that some people can read the exact same thing and get different results.

To be clear - If you're not a VIP you DO NOT get the VIP benefits.
Cordovan replied to someone else asking this and said that the cloud mount (and the trail) will stay once you claim it, even if you don't resub.

Fizban

Cordovan replied to someone else asking this and said that the cloud mount (and the trail) will stay once you claim it, even if you don't resub.
Yes, it will but if your VIP expires you can't recall it per the VIP overview.

I have posted earlier in this thread. First off I really like DDO and have not played any other mmo's, Was VIP at start and went FTP when it came in. I have purchased all expansions and purchase DDO points to get things I value. I have recently paid for a 3 month subscription. As far as the VIP Loyalty perks influence me to continue remain VIP is very low. Things like being able to open on elite or better have value to me. Quality of life stuff life like starting at L4 after reincarnation would be valued by me, for example. Alot of the loyalty perks is fluff and I don't care to lease stuff like bank space. I hope I don't sound to angry, because I really like this game. If I stay VIP I will not say no the the rewards if implemented, but it wil be because of quality of life things like the implementation of starting at L4 after reincarnation. If I dont stay VIP I will still spend on things that I value.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Reread what Dom, Cordovan, and others have been saying. (hint: Cordo posted they changed it so it keeps even if VIP expires and they've all been saying that over and over)
So you can use/call it after your VIP expires ?