Petition to have these unneccessary Changes reverted here.

Wizard

The new EA tree stuff and mantle/barrier is usable on non-healers. -5 MRR/PRR debuffs from the mantle and another -5 MRR/PRR from Shadows Upon You is really solid in a group. Fiend warlock, fire druids, fire sorcs, divine nukers, various healers, etc. may all find the tree handy.
Does the new EA aura proc from warlock light or fire blasts and abilities ?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Does the new EA aura proc from warlock light or fire blasts and abilities ?
Yes, Tonquin (or Torc?) or whomever modified things listened to feedback about warlocks on lam threads and put this is:
We have modified the following Destiny Mantles to work with Eldritch Blast under these circumstances:
  • EA
    • Angelic Form: Fire damage now triggers on Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Wrathful Form: AoE flames now trigger off Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Angelic/Wrathful Form: Cinders now trigger off of fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
  • Magus
    • Flash of the Eclipse: Cold damage now triggers off Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Flash of the Eclipse: Negative damage now triggers off of Abyss eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Flash of the Eclipse: Shattermantle now triggers off of either carceri or abyss warlock blasts hitting an enemy
  • Primal
    • Thorn: Acid damage now triggers off of Great Old One eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Heart: Fire damage now triggers off of Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Storm: Electric damage now triggers off of celestial eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Storm: Cold damage now triggers off of Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Storm: Sonic damage now triggers off of Fey eldritch blasts hitting an enemy

Wizard

Yes, Tonquin (or Torc?) or whomever modified things listened to feedback about warlocks on lam threads and put this is:
Thanks Rabidfox I missed this. Making mantles proc off eldritch blasts is a great change. These are the changes we like to see and great that they listened to player feedback. More of this listening to playerbase, please.

EA mantle procs off ES light blasts too. It's not much damage and very small radius but it's something and the extra heal on healing spell cast is significant. So I think my casters will be able to adapt.
Not sure if other abilities are enough healing for melees...especially if you want to help group healing... but luckily I only have melees with native healing left in my TR plan.

Wizard

SSG has never backed down on big changes to the game, they won't now. Either accept it or leave, those are the only two options you have.
I was a long time ago, I wasn't playing back then but I heard: They wanted to make hearts hard to aquire, either store or a huge grind. Players organized a marketplace bridge sit-in protest. It worked and hearts remain farmable.

Nowadays I think we don't have enough players that would participate in such an endeavour.

_fully_carroted_

Why even bother trying to change these decisions? They won't explain why most of these changes were necessary, and the quality of their work is so poor that there are more bugs than feature updates in U66. Sure, they can justify the Exalted Angel mantle removal, but they didn't just modify it - they converted it to "every five seconds, one target is overhealed a bit more". For that level of utility, you may as well use Shadowdancer to improve casting speed while walking.

At this point, just play the game they give you, or go play something else.

I am off to other games for a while. This was one incompetent release too many.

Frybri73

Al the changes frankly....suck.. and thats putting it nicely. having said that there is less than zero chance of them putting anything back. they made it quite clear that they dont care what their players.. ie customers.. want. they would have to admit they mucked up and all the hours they spent doing this garbage were wasted. They would rather try to force people to play the game they want no matter what we want. Ill log in to get my free stuff but theres more chance of a shrimp named earl landing a 747 in my back yard than me spending any money on this game ever again. oh side note.... for me its just as buggy after todays fix than it was before.. which i expected..

Tscheuss

nqchVSK.gif
Is it time for another protest on Wayfinder Marketplace with The Dancing Bear?

Reaped and Ravaged

The game is still very playable and its seems a bit less laggy(for now). Perhaps excess tumbling really did have a ridiculous amount of enemy pathing number crunching connected to it. Maybe it sucks more to solo in challenging content but that can be solved with other players

Tscheuss

The game is still very playable and its seems a bit less laggy(for now). Perhaps excess tumbling really did have a ridiculous amount of enemy pathing number crunching connected to it. Maybe it sucks more to solo in challenging content but that can be solved with other players
So solo players need to abandon their playstyle in order to adapt to dodgy changes the devs make? I know it's not easy to get the devs to give up on a course of action, but we succeeded at least once.

Reaped and Ravaged

I think SSG's approach to solo players is to expect them to load up on Gold Seal Hirelings, whether from the store or the Premium Expansion edition.

Pro Tip: Reaper runs R4 or higher tend to be more mature players who can help gear you up better and faster than solo. Just avoid the R1 groups like the plague.

Blunt Hackett

Do they ever revert though? I can't think of a single time this has worked unless it stopped before implementation, and that itself is extremely rare.

Tscheuss

Do they ever revert though? I can't think of a single time this has worked unless it stopped before implementation, and that itself is extremely rare.
Yes, but the ritual requires a large gathering of faithful on Wayfinder, many incantations in the forums, and a dancing bear (namely Memnir). ;)

Archaic

Whomever is implementing bad ideas after prepositioning them on forums as a prelude to their hack jobs presenting them in the guise of anonymous forum actors, is the same that derailed the entire DDO Universe and meshed it into the sticky strands of Lolth's weave and scattered the broken worlds like dandruff debris set adrift in the Abyss as a way to throw feces in the faces of the playerbase by whatever demons possessed them...lol
So now we need a new Thread and a fine toothed comb to straighten this out and stitch it all back together, because you can't simply tumble through this mess.