Stealth-Nerf of Airship

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Keyboard arrows do nothing for me at all. Cant go down.
This did work for me, though I had to make sure the dialogue window was active (with cursor in it), otherwise arrows just made me move. It could be a little tricky.

Dunno if that helps you, though, DDO can be.... inconsistent.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
This did work for me, though I had to make sure the dialogue window was active (with cursor in it), otherwise arrows just made me move. It could be a little tricky.

Dunno if that helps you, though, DDO can be.... inconsistent.
I forgot a set ingame voice chat activation on my down arrow. 🙂🙂🙂

magnus2882

So....... When the developers add something like that to the menu of the guildship amenity UI, does ANYONE log on to the game from a normal computer and test to see if it works before adding it to a patch? I'd like to say yes, but that would be impossible because that would mean that as soon as someone clicked on the captain of the ship, they would IMMEDIATELY realize that A WHOLE PAGE OF OPTIONS ARE NOW GONE!

JustHavingFunBro

So....... When the developers add something like that to the menu of the guildship amenity UI, does ANYONE log on to the game from a normal computer and test to see if it works before adding it to a patch? I'd like to say yes, but that would be impossible because that would mean that as soon as someone clicked on the captain of the ship, they would IMMEDIATELY realize that A WHOLE PAGE OF OPTIONS ARE NOW GONE!
They'd have to have a DDO account, and I think its obvious no one on the team cares to play.

Eoin

Has SSG done anything lately that would lead you to assume or even believe based on blind faith they have proper QA procedures? For a long time now, it is more surprising when things they list in updates as changed or fixed beyond simple typos actually work right the first time.

We were talking about this UI menu bug for the transporter NPCs in guild chat last night. The problem was immediately obvious to anyone using transporter NPCs on the airship, which tells us that the dev doing the work and/or the QA personnel (if any exist) didn't even bother to do that bare minimum amount of verification.

Well some of their QA employees on LinkedIn mention they create standards and procedures. Maybe they are assigned to LOTRO?

Possible they are still working on writing the procedures for UI testing. So many squared octagons on the enhancement trees, it would be hard to miss them.

JustHavingFunBro

Well some of their QA employees on LinkedIn mention they create standards and procedures. Maybe they are assigned to LOTRO?

Possible they are still working on writing the procedures for UI testing. So many squared octagons on the enhancement trees, it would be hard to miss them.
Create? Both of these games are decades old. And probably have stupid turnover, which is the real culprit. SSG won't pay anyone unless its a contractor after their game was offline for 3 days.