The 8th Season of the Hardcore League begins May 17th!

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Question... I get confused about level 20 in Hardcore. Can I enter level 16 quests (normal) at level 20 or does the EPIC level prevent me? Thanks!
Since HC 1 till now most hold at 19 till they finish up heroics, once you take 20 you locked out of heroics.

I just hope one reward are dragon wings, like the fey wings just in a sweet dragon aesthetic.

I would also like to see the the 5k reward get shifted to 6k, to offset all the new quest releases.

And maybe some level 10 and 1k favor rewards so maybe some really new playes have something to achieve.
Not sure about the 6k favor - that's a bit much, but I would agree on easier to achieve rewards for newer less experienced players!

I actually disagree. Not knowing what is coming up and being surprised is what make hardcore season REALLY fun, at least for me. That season with mimics... That first week was just amazing! Some of us like the unknown. Surprises and challenge is what makes things fun. Sure, hounds were a bad implementation, but overall the surprise of Hardcore is half the fun!
I concur - it's almost like we are actually playing PnP - not knowing what to expect (but we actually know what the dungeons are) - I might put if further.. maybe move traps around and create new monsters or even new quests and release them on HC?

festasha

I concur - it's almost like we are actually playing PnP - not knowing what to expect (but we actually know what the dungeons are) - I might put if further.. maybe move traps around and create new monsters or even new quests and release them on HC?
If moving traps and adding new monsters or even changing all the monsters in a quest is possible, then that could be a significant win for DDO.

Neain

I do believe you can enter the level 20 heroic quests as either heroic or epic, can someone confirm, chacka??
if its anything like the previous seasons, once you hit 20 you will not be able to do even level 19 quests as you are now 'Epic'.

Dogbreath68

For me the hounds were not an issue. I solo because , well because I have no friends and I use hires. The hounds will automatically head for the hires, and keeping the hires on attack mode will make them b-line to the hound when they arrive. Then if the hire dies so be it, but that just makes them that much easier to kill the hounds.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
For the first time, I'm actually contemplating playing some of this beyond just dipping my toe in the water to see what it's like -- but we'll see. I have zero deaths in Hardcore, but then I've never gotten past level 4 or something.

Should probably fix that sad record.

The fact that my main on live is getting very close to her first 32 > ETR > RTR is an interesting synchronicity ...

Owlbear

For me the hounds were not an issue. I solo because , well because I have no friends and I use hires. The hounds will automatically head for the hires, and keeping the hires on attack mode will make them b-line to the hound when they arrive. Then if the hire dies so be it, but that just makes them that much easier to kill the hounds.
Yeah well that worked on earlier levels. On higher levels the hounds did major aoe damage and the hirelings died instantly. The problem with hounds was how buggy they were. Sometimes they spawned at places you couldn't even reach and they still killed you with the stacking aoe damage. Or they spawned with you underwater...

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Technically Cordo said there wasnt a 5k reward there very well could be a 4k reward and or a 6k reward

No, there won't be a 4k or 6k reward.

What you'll likely have to do to get the golden footprints is to collect enough "thingies" from the special chests that I'm guessing will occasionally spawn in the dungeons.

Pwnt!

xqF2imR.jpg