The new race that's coming this year...

Hireling

I want Duergar and Duergar Battle Rager Barbarian Iconic. And class being something like that.

Also, I want Stalwart/Dwarven Defender Racial Tree like how Elf gets Arcane Archer.

TavernBrawler

I want Duergar and Duergar Battle Rager Barbarian Iconic. And class being something like that.

Also, I want Stalwart/Dwarven Defender Racial Tree like how Elf gets Arcane Archer.
*I want*... *I want*.. not a good way to approach SSG from my experience jus' sayin'

I assume the new race and iconic will be the same 'race', like Tabaxi or Shifters.

I'd also assume it will be Forgotten Realms themed (well, the iconic at least) although the Tabaxi example suggests it could be anything!

The base classes missing an iconic are Sorc, Warlock and Druid. I'd put very heavy money on Sorcerer, especially as the fine Year of the Dragon archtype will almost certainly be a Sorcerer one as well.

But which race? Could be some kind of elf subrace, but we do have quite a few of those.

We've had a lot of illithids recently. If they want to cash in on BG3 hype a little bit its long past time we had some Gith? Could be made a Str past life race too.

Thinking about it, Genasi are another possibility for an elemental themed race that pairs well with Sorcs?

Kind of dissappointed if this is what we get with the expansion - new races are cool and all, but I really hoped for one of the missing two EDs again this time round.

Hopefully some early previews soon if this is what's coming.

droid327

You are right.
I want to pay for Duegar and Iconic Duergar Battle Rager.

I want to pay for Dwarven Defender Racial Tree.

I really wish they didnt abandon concepts the way they do. I'd love to see more Racial enhancement trees. Dwarven SD. Halfling Rad Serv. Drow Assassin. These are underserved races and underserved trees, but combined they give each other more value. Just dont make them all cost 14 AP to unlock...

Racial Variants are another piece of abandonware since Archetypes came out, apparently...

Scrag

In before someone says DnD doesnt have races anymore.

Glad that chick resigned. I despise chunks of my planescape and spelljammer for things like "space clowns" and "vampirates"... I understand dnd isnt 100% grimdark serious 100% of the time. HOWEVER, it certainly never was and should never have been space clowns.

Even my wife, 60+ years old, first time player, said *** that was stupid why did she do that? I told her uh..... I dont know?

Jhenissa

FR Drow sounds more like a Racial Variant anyway

I'd love to see another Construct race, to expand on Repair builds. Maybe something as simple as Warforged Scout. Maybe something more exotic like an extraplanar Mechanus race. Not sure what'd go with the Myth Drannor canon, though...

Or possibly even a native-undead race, just to give some more utility to Negative builds and unlock it from /3 wiz or DA or 15 Lock

Iconic is probably going to be Dragonborn Sorc, for obvious thematic reasons
I would love to WF Scout as well. The artwork is already in the game as a few quests have Halfling sized WF already.

Jummby

Thri-kreen ftw, we need more bugs.
That is funny, however they need either a race or class historically to generate pre orders. They said no new classes, so we might get a race. People buy the pre order to maintain completionist. We will probably get a new race to finance what they are working on.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Whatever it is, I hope it isn’t handwraps based.

Would love to see a dwarf variant with a barbarian iconic. But it will probably end up being another type of elf.

Aelonwy

You are right.
I want to pay for Duegar and Iconic Duergar Battle Rager.

I want to pay for Dwarven Defender Racial Tree.
I would love this^. But I think its more likely we would be getting Githyanki or Genasi. Although, I wouldn't be upset with an Eilistraee drow variant bard maybe Bladesinger or some unusual cleric with a Domain focused on sonic and enchantment?

mikarddo

Did Cordovan say those were coming with Myth D?

I dont really care which race we are getting - I just want another racial point, so please no racial variant that does not give one :)

I wish for another Epic PL too. Running a new race with a new epic pl just sits well together going 1-cap.