The Snowpeaks Festival begins on Wednesday!

The Narc

You know it is soo crappy that you tie these events under the same schedule as hardcore. Annoying and yet another time we dont enjoy your boardroom decisions.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

You know it is soo crappy that you tie these events under the same schedule as hardcore. Annoying and yet another time we dont enjoy your boardroom decisions.
why does it matter if there is nothing new to grind? not like there is any reason to play snowpeaks if lots of people have everything already

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Upside, the event should be on HC, so people can do it there too (not that I'm sure if that's an actual upside for people trying to earn rewards over the final 2 weeks of HC).

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
So you're complaining about them running the winter event... in winter?

DDO's event schedule predates the Hardcore league by years, and there aren't many places a full season of Hardcore can be placed without running into an event of some kind. Anything starting between September and April is going to run into at least one of the Night Revels, Festivult, the Snowpeaks Festival or the Anniversary Party, because those events are tied to real-world events with fixed time frames.

That leaves the May-August period as the only time frame for starting a Hardcore season that won't interact with a static event - and they never start a Hardcore season in that time period, because it would clash with the summer expansion release.

So, long story short, there just isn't a period where an entire season of Hardcore can run without intersecting with an event.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I guess I"m just a little fried from running from one event and then into another with just a little bit of down-time in there (plus HC). It seems you have about 6 months of activity and then 6 months of relative dead space (with maybe a mimic hunt or revel thrown in for random fill?) If would be good to see a little more space in between some of these, but yeah... some of this is season dependent so I get it. 😵‍💫

Arsont

Happy to see this event return. Wish y'all would run these for 3 weeks though instead of 2. 2 weeks feels a little short for me for an event. 3 feels about right.
Agreed, events like this with time-limited grinding opportunities feel like they need to be a bit longer, or at least have some avenue to grind the mats in another way when the main event isn't live.

The Narc

So you're complaining about them running the winter event... in winter?

DDO's event schedule predates the Hardcore league by years, and there aren't many places a full season of Hardcore can be placed without running into an event of some kind. Anything starting between September and April is going to run into at least one of the Night Revels, Festivult, the Snowpeaks Festival or the Anniversary Party, because those events are tied to real-world events with fixed time frames.

That leaves the May-August period as the only time frame for starting a Hardcore season that won't interact with a static event - and they never start a Hardcore season in that time period, because it would clash with the summer expansion release.

So, long story short, there just isn't a period where an entire season of Hardcore can run without intersecting with an event.
Lol winter runs until march, and yes they could have had the event so a week was during hardcore and the other week was out or hardcore.

So yes their choice of timing is again an annoying boardroom decision that misses the opportunity to appeal to all players.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Lol winter runs until march, and yes they could have had the event so a week was during hardcore and the other week was out or hardcore.

So yes their choice of timing is again an annoying boardroom decision that misses the opportunity to appeal to all players.
The Snowpeaks Festival, and the two festivals it replaced, have always started in mid-to-late January - something that goes back over a decade at this point - so no, they could not have moved the event until after Hardcore finished. Unless, that is, they wanted to disrupt the standard servers for something that is only of any appeal to particularly dedicated Hardcore players.

Last edited:
Guide said new stuff, but it doesn't show anything. Probably meant legacy. Eh, 50/50 chance of being surprised tomorrow. Let's do it.

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

Happy to see this event return. Wish y'all would run these for 3 weeks though instead of 2. 2 weeks feels a little short for me for an event. 3 feels about right.

Completely agree.
As one who has a normal 9-5 and well real life responsibilities, I really only have some time on the weekends. These short events come and go before I have a chance to make much progress. At least for me I have to gather event items over multiple events times (years) to be able to get the more expensive things.

Aelonwy

Starts after the downtime on January 24th and runs through February 6th! Read our guide on DDO.com.
Nothing new?

Frankly, I am a little disappointed. I posted this thread in mid-November https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/snowpeaks-suggestions.5628/

Certainly, such a suggestion as Snow Peak's Gifts Wisdom filigree should have been possible in that time frame. I would think bringing back the Midwinter Snowball should have been possible as well. For an annual event there should be plenty of time to make some small additions, and even small additions would be appreciated.