U60 Lamannia Preview 2 - Expansion Pack Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Hey everyone! Thanks for the great feedback so far. Wanted to chime in with a list of what we're fixing/adjusting for next Preview so far
(Note that these are NOT on the server yet, won't be until next Preview):
  • U61 Items now consistently have their intended Minimum Levels (18/32)
  • U61 Legendary Items now consistently have two Augment slots
  • The U61 Legendary Traveler, Shadow, and Vol sets now have correct values for their bonuses.
    • (As noted in this thread, some of the bonuses hadn't been updated to Legendary values. Now they have!)
  • Removed an errant % in describing Melee and Ranged Power values in U61 set bonuses.
    • (This is meant to be flat Melee and Ranged Power.)
  • Corrected Spell Critical Damage in U61 Set bonuses to be Legendary-typed (formerly Artifact).
  • New U61 Rune Arms are now properly Bound to Account.
  • The Dark Six Fingered Glove is now Exclusive.
  • The Dark Six Fingered Glove now has a properly-scaling version of Sacred.
  • U61 Orbs and Shields are now part of the Legendary Forbidden Knowledge set.
  • U61 Docents, Robes, and Outfits now properly have durability (and show it!)
  • U61 Armor Slot items with "Bulwark" in their name now have Freedom of Movement in place of Insightful Fortitude
    • (This change is due to Insightful Fortitude and Parrying not stacking. This doesn't need to necessarily be Freedom of Movement in the end though; open to suggestions.)
  • U61 Medium Armors are now Leather, to better fit with their art and allow for Druidic Oath
  • The Azure Buckler and Azure Targe now properly use Strength to Attack and Damage.
    • (The CHA and DEX on these shields were holdovers from the bases I pulled the entries from, shaking out a few new item generation methods this Update)
  • U61 Shields now have appropriate icons

Rull

Double gem set bonuses are unrealistic. If you have one of these already, congratulations. I rolled a Shaman's Fury and Biting Sands, and built a gearset that allows me to swap to four different Warlock pacts. But it's not something I'm going to promote or recommend.

There are a couple of doubles that are good though, increasing the odds significantly. With Starless Night you could do Spectacles of Spirit Sight instead, for similar item slot usage, and with Menechtarun Scavenger (or even without any secondary) you could go cold with Glacier set and Dusk goggles.

You could also do a dino shield with exceptional lore/sp and use dusk goggles for insightful spell focus if you only care about evocation, that way it will be pretty easy on the gear. I'm writing this not to win any argument, just thinking out loud. Dino helmet and/or armor doesn't seem as necessary as I initially thought, so these new sets are pretty exciting.

TLDR; I got a feeling the new sets will replace elder, but with a good double-set gem it will be combined with elder.

edit: aaaand this got obsolete the moment I posted it. Thanks Steel :)

DeathTitan

Hey everyone! Thanks for the great feedback so far. Wanted to chime in with a list of what we're fixing/adjusting for next Preview so far
  • The U61 Legendary Traveler, Shadow, and Vol sets now have correct values for their bonuses.
    • (As noted in this thread, some of the bonuses hadn't been updated to Legendary values. Now they have!)
  • Removed an errant % in describing Melee and Ranged Power values in U61 set bonuses.
  • Corrected Spell Critical Damage in U61 Set bonuses to be Legendary-typed (formerly Artifact).
  • U61 Armor Slot items with "Bulwark" in their name now have Freedom of Movement in place of Insightful Fortitude
    • (This change is due to Insightful Fortitude and Parrying not stacking. This doesn't need to necessarily be Freedom of Movement in the end though; open to suggestions.)
  • U61 Medium Armors are now Leather, to better fit with their art and allow for Druidic Oath
  • The Azure Buckler and Azure Targe now properly use Strength to Attack and Damage.
    • (The CHA and DEX on these shields were holdovers from the bases I pulled the entries from, shaking out a few new item generation methods this Update)
I see an imbalance issue:
The Legendary elder's knowledge set gives only 15% spell critical damage while the new sets (Legendary delight of the devourer and Legendary vol's influence) give 30% spelll critical damage.

I suggest you to increase The legendary elder's knowledge set bonus to 30% or decrease the new sets (Legendary delight of the devourer and Legendary vol's influence) to 15% to balance them all.

The Legendary elder's focus necklace and the Legendary elder's cap are level 30 items after all, I don't think that for only 2 more item level the new sets should have +15% values than legendary elder's knowledge set.

Cashery

My tank has not changed out one item since Feywild.

It be really nice if competent set bonuses were made for tank builds. Not having legendary hit points in any of the sets since feywild is terrible design.

It’s either 7piece winter, 2 piece summer. Or 3 piece sharn and 5 piece LGS material/opp for tanks.

Last edited:

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

Imagine a piece of gear that gives you dire charge with a DC based on highest stat + stunning bonuses.

That's all it does and it has a 15s cooldown.

Would you wear it?

~

There are so many cool abilities in the game. Gear is so boring. An endless stat ramp with each stat increase feeling marginally less valuable. We need a whole new "dimension." We need orthogonal development. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthogonality

DeathTitan

They should add +3 Quality Stat augments to the game since they don't like putting in on gear anymore.
I perfectly agree, let's say that in a 5 pieces set like this I would expect to find quality attribute since both new sets fill all equipment slots.

On cloaks I see insightful str/dex/con +6.

On goggles I see int/wis/cha +14 and instead I would love to see quality +3 int/wis/cha.

Bracers have insightful int/wis/cha +6.

Belts have str/dex +14.

On Legendary control gauntlet I would expect a quality attribute +3 (not intelligence because it's already heavily buffed in this game) together with the already existing quality spell focus mastery +2 to make them as useful as "legendary goggles of dusk" or "legendary black satin waist".

Cashery

I perfectly agree, let's say that in a 5 pieces set like this I would expect to find quality attribute since both new sets fill all equipment slots.

On cloaks I see insightful str/dex/con +6.

On goggles I see int/wis/cha +14 and instead I would love to see quality +3 int/wis/cha.

Bracers have insightful int/wis/cha +6.

Belts have str/dex +14.

On Legendary control gauntlet I would expect a quality attribute +3 (not intelligence because it's already heavily buffed in this game) together with the already existing quality spell focus mastery +2 to make them as useful as "legendary goggles of dusk" or "legendary black satin waist".

I almost actually would rather them replace the +14 stats on all items in this update and put +3 Quality stat on them instead.. +14 augments are out and can be slotted.

Rull

Imagine a piece of gear that gives you dire charge with a DC based on highest stat + stunning bonuses.

That's all it does and it has a 15s cooldown.

Would you wear it?

~

There are so many cool abilities in the game. Gear is so boring. An endless stat ramp with each stat increase feeling marginally less valuable. We need a whole new "dimension." We need orthogonal development. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthogonality#:~:text=Orthogonality is a system design,other components of the system.

Yup. gear with dashes, gear with 3second Radiant Forcefield on short timer, gear with death pact, gear with active stuns, stuff like that. I see some cool new abilities in enhancement/destiny trees once in a while, but almost never on gear. And I mean significant abilities, not three stat-increases and a throw-in special ability, but rather the special ability as the main function of the gear piece.

PraetorPlato

This runs the risk of making certain pieces of gear mandatory, which is really bad for new content. Think about the Heart of Suulomades: it's a cool unique effect, but it's functionally displaced most other trinkets for raid tanking because of how good curse immunity is, which locks out those builds from any new minor artifact or trinket.

Cashery

This runs the risk of making certain pieces of gear mandatory, which is really bad for new content. Think about the Heart of Suulomades: it's a cool unique effect, but it's functionally displaced most other trinkets for raid tanking because of how good curse immunity is, which locks out those builds from any new minor artifact or trinket.

My tank does not use the Heart, I have no issues tanking R+ content raids.

Rull

You don't get what you don't ask for.

Since we haven't seen U61 augments/filigree yet, there remains a possibility.
Ugh, quality stat augments would be terrible for the game, it would make items even more boring.
Right now, whenever I see an item with "int14, glaciation, evocation focus 6, healing amplification" I register it as "blank". No abilities, anything on it can be slotted so it can be considered empty. Unless it's part of a very good set, it's useless... because an item with 6 augment slots is not good enough to wear, and this is worse or at best equal to that.
Doing that to even *more* stats would make even more items worthless.

I'm happy to see some insightful stats in this update that we haven't seen in a while. We've had a couple of updates with just blanks already.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Unless it's part of a very good set, it's useless... because an item with 6 augment slots is not good enough to wear
Set bonuses are where I start gear tetris from. So having stats on those items that are also available as augments just means I have more augment slots to work with. And no matter how many augment slots I have, there's always a desire for more. Augments provide flexibility, and that allows gear to evolve and room for more builds and different approaches. I disagree that an item with 6 augment slots is not good enough to wear. I've got two Cannith Crafted items in my R10 Warlock max DC gearset with double augments, and I've got guildies drooling over it (except the double gem part ;).

There are still plenty of limitations within the gearing/augment system today. Notably for DC casters, there are limited options for Profane, Sacred, Quality and Insightful Spell Focus (especially the last two).

rabidfox

The People's Champion
You don't get what you don't ask for.

Since we haven't seen U61 augments/filigree yet, there remains a possibility.
I think the only things we've heard should be coming is the new dual stat augments, everything else will be hopes and dreams until we see them next lam.

Monalisa

Any comment on insightful ability stats? It was stated at one time that insight stat bonuses are intended to be half the value of enhancement stat bonuses at the same level, so they should be raised from +6 to +7 on ML 32 items if that is being upheld.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
I think the only things we've heard should be coming is the new dual stat augments, everything else will be hopes and dreams until we see them next lam.
While dual stat Augments may happen sometime in the future, they will not be appearing in U60 or U61.

That said, we do have some new Augments coming in U61, which (fingers crossed) you should be able to check out next Preview!

ShawnVW

Ugh, quality stat augments would be terrible for the game, it would make items even more boring.
Right now, whenever I see an item with "int14, glaciation, evocation focus 6, healing amplification" I register it as "blank". No abilities, anything on it can be slotted so it can be considered empty. Unless it's part of a very good set, it's useless... because an item with 6 augment slots is not good enough to wear, and this is worse or at best equal to that.

I don't get it. That seems like a perfectly good item to me. I'd rather have that than wait until I run across four augments with those powers.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
While dual stat Augments may happen sometime in the future, they will not be appearing in U60 or U61.

That said, we do have some new Augments coming in U61, which (fingers crossed) you should be able to check out next Preview!
Awww, Sev got me overly excited for the someday dual stat augs I guess. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.