U60 Lamannia Preview 2 - Expansion Pack Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Hey everyone! Thanks for the great feedback so far. Wanted to chime in with a list of what we're fixing/adjusting for next Preview so far
What's the story with the rune arms on The Loot Guy? I didn't post them because the Legendary items had heroic stats, and some of the names indicated they might have been used for (internal) testing and not intended for player consumption.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
What's the story with the rune arms on The Loot Guy? I didn't post them because the Legendary items had heroic stats, and some of the names indicated they might have been used for (internal) testing and not intended for player consumption.
They're not scaling properly with item power in this Preview, it'll be fixed for the next one.

That said, they are indeed meant for player consumption, their names are correct, the effects on them are correct save the numbers involved.

BuckGB

• U61 Orbs and Shields are now part of the Legendary Forbidden Knowledge set.
Does this apply to runearms, too? Also, +1 to swapping the stats to +3 Quality options or adding those as an augment.

Insightful/Quality/Sacred Spell Focuses also need to be more readily available. DC casting is to a point where you essentially have to stack all of these to meet the numbers required for higher difficulty content, especially if you're trying to play any sort of hybrid.

Reilia

Is there a reason why the artifact bonus items have the same slots as the Isle of Dread pack? Wouldn't it be more interesting to change it up a bit by allowing different sets to be combined from other artifact bonuses like from the cannith raids for or the sands?

jwel

While dual stat Augments may happen sometime in the future, they will not be appearing in U60 or U61.

That said, we do have some new Augments coming in U61, which (fingers crossed) you should be able to check out next Preview!
Lore augments plox? Getting my off element spell lores is sometimes a pita

Taraborn

Any comment on insightful ability stats? It was stated at one time that insight stat bonuses are intended to be half the value of enhancement stat bonuses at the same level, so they should be raised from +6 to +7 on ML 32 items if that is being upheld.
The curve for insightful ability is more like (stat-1)/2 rounded down, at ML 29 abilities are at +13 enhancement, +6 insightful, ML 28 is +12, +5, ML23 is +11, +5, while ML 22 is +10, +4. We should get +7 insightful at ML 34 when enhancement goes to +15.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
While dual stat Augments may happen sometime in the future, they will not be appearing in U60 or U61.

That said, we do have some new Augments coming in U61, which (fingers crossed) you should be able to check out next Preview!
Awh. As @rabidfox said, Sev got me all excited about the possibility of seeing dual stat augs in VU. Sounds like it didn't pan out that way. Still, I definitely will be curious to see what new augments may be available. Thanks for the information, @SteelStar .👍

Vox

Steelstar, can you please add in ml:32 spell lore augments to the loot tables or as part of this upcoming xpac loot?

Edit - Seeing as the loot is quite Ebberon deity themed, could we please also have a few items with temperance of spirit/belief?
There is only 1 item in the game for each of those effects (collective sight & gloryborn gloves).

Last edited:

Aelonwy

Quirk of DDO Graphic Designers.

DDO graphic designers excessively use light blue. They even changed the items from Reaver's Fate to be revamped as items in Fall of Truth, and they also turned them blue.
A light blue similar to the Silver Flame is commonly seen on other armor and shields, and light blue is frequently used as an accent. Common colors such as red, black, and white are used less frequently.
The armor and mounts added during Halloween were initially light blue, and the mounts added in Feywild are also light blue.

The weapons added in this update have also transformed the conventional weapons into a blue hue, similar to the FoH items.
There is no problem with choosing blue, but I would like to see a wider variety of popular colors available.

There are too many decorations, and it wouldn't be strange to have more simple texture items.

First and foremost, what I really want to say is, 'Please stop using blue!’

You think they use blue too much?

I admit I'd like them to use violet more often but I think they have a preponderance of too much red and black myself. For example, this year's Anniversary cosmetics were all red and black, as was the 15th Anniversary cloak, and the 12th year Anniversary cosmetics were all gray and white. The DDO store has 49 humanoid cosmetics labeled Dark or Black but 52 in actuality because Ninja Outfit, Shadowfell Regalia, and the Vampire's Cosmetic are also black with bits of red. In contrast only 46 humanoid cosmetics make up the rest of the selection. MORE THAN HALF are primarily black. Of those 46 remaining 22 counting the Phoenix Robe have Red as their primary color designation.

The blue mount added in Feywild was only after they added the red and dark Nightmare Mount to the store and gold daily dice. And yes the initial Night Revels Mount was blue because the first Reaper Night Revels Armor was blue. I have zero doubt they will add a Red Reaper Mount to Night Revels Next Year, because if I recall correctly that was the second color added to Night Revels armor.

Skimming through the Mirror of Glamering section of the wiki I just don't see this plethora of blue that you do. I almost wish I did.

The only point I cannot argue is the Feywild weapons were blue. But of course they were, their special material was crystal. Most crystal or glass items in the game have been some shade or hue of blue that's internal consistency.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)

DDO graphic designers excessively use light blue. They even changed the items from Reaver's Fate to be revamped as items in Fall of Truth, and they also turned them blue.
A light blue similar to the Silver Flame is commonly seen on other armor and shields, and light blue is frequently used as an accent. Common colors such as red, black, and white are used less frequently.
The armor and mounts added during Halloween were initially light blue, and the mounts added in Feywild are also light blue.

The weapons added in this update have also transformed the conventional weapons into a blue hue, similar to the FoH items.
There is no problem with choosing blue, but I would like to see a wider variety of popular colors available.

There are too many decorations, and it wouldn't be strange to have more simple texture items.

This is the exact opposite of my experience. I struggled immensely to find notable cosmetic items in blue and silver this life. In the end, I wound up with the single combination that made any sort of sense at all.

If anything, we could go years without any more red or black cosmetics and be just fine. We need more purples and reds and blues and yellows and silvers and whites and greens.

rabidfox

The People's Champion

GIve me BLUE REAPER WINGS... they don't exist currently, so nope, not enough blue yet.

DBZ

What i'd really like is sets that don't use the hat slot so we can use our reaper hat of choice just saying

Legendary Perfected Red Dragon Helm with reaper bonus oh yeah

Scrag

I see an imbalance issue:
The Legendary elder's knowledge set gives only 15% spell critical damage while the new sets (Legendary delight of the devourer and Legendary vol's influence) give 30% spell critical damage.
15% Legendary bonus to Spell Critical Damage <- This stacks with profane and artifact. It is "legendary".

Moreover, the standard for legendary spell critical damage is 15%.

Eminence of Autumn, 7 pieces, 15% legendary crit damage
Elder's knowledge, 2 pieces, 15% legendary
Sacrarium set, 3 pieces, 15% legendary

At two pieces, that is a steal. You yourself pointed out bonus stacking on page five, so guessing brain fart. :)

Yes, it may very well be conceivable to double your spell crit damage. Would have to see where all you can get bonuses. But between gear and epic destinies, this may very well be possible, which would be sick.

DeathTitan

15% Legendary bonus to Spell Critical Damage <- This stacks with profane and artifact. It is "legendary".

Moreover, the standard for legendary spell critical damage is 15%.

Eminence of Autumn, 7 pieces, 15% legendary crit damage
Elder's knowledge, 2 pieces, 15% legendary
Sacrarium set, 3 pieces, 15% legendary

At two pieces, that is a steal. You yourself pointed out bonus stacking on page five, so guessing brain fart. :)

Yes, it may very well be conceivable to double your spell crit damage. Would have to see where all you can get bonuses. But between gear and epic destinies, this may very well be possible, which would be sick.
you missed that the developer said artifact bonus to spell critical damage was wrong and it will be changed to legendary.
now the point is to change new set from 30% to 15% because it's unbalanced

DBZ

Idk if thats so they want options so it invalidates gomfs or who knows

So now it won't stack arg

Status
Not open for further replies.