U60 Lammania Preview 1 - Dungeon Alert Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falkor

Not a huge fan of these changes but can accept them. There are too many game instances where red alert happens, even when not zerging and being careful. These changes will really suck across the board but whatever. SSG will SSG.

My one request is : PLEASE REMOVE DUNGEON ALERT FROM WILDERNESS AREAS.

It's a horrid negative play experience & serves zero purpose except to aggravate players.

Why DA was added to wilderness never made sense to me. It's always been aggravating.

And its horrid for new players who don't have horses. They already get left behind, swarmed and die. It'll just happen more often, and drive people away from this game.

If you want to reduce lag, then give us the ability to avoid wilderness areas and thus removing monsters who are triggered by player activity. The end result being less computations required, freed up server memory, and less lag.

Last edited:

Graceana

Stealer of Souls
We were running Feywild R10s the other day. We literally took two steps towards the very first group of mobs in Combatting Corruption, and we got an instant red alert because of the single group plus the four reapers that spawned. We didn't do anything to create the alert beside existing in the quest and moving the way we were supposed to do.

Dungeon alert has been broken for as long as I've been playing, and that's a long time. Making it punish players more when it's broken is not a great idea. I'd much prefer to get rid of it and have you guys find better ways of handling the issue.

Spook

Reapers need to stop contributing to DA as otherwise no matter how much they fix an instant DA a bad reaper spawn will still put you over the threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.