U60 Lammania Preview 1 Harbor Tavern Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lim

This is a great idea!
Just 1 problem... My quest tracker is broken most of the time. I assume its the same for other players? In town its usually stuck on some objective to go talk to NPC to do expansion quests that I don't even own, and nothing I do ever changes it.
Would it be possible to make some changes to quest tracker to track things I want to track, and ignore things I don't want to see?
Edit: also some quests seem to be permanently stuck in quest tracker as not completed, like a final quest from Korthos island to talk to the captain to travel to Stormreach.

Bjond

Tavern keepers [..] new player onboarding

Y'all really have zero clue about what new players do. No one even knows taverns exist until years into the game. OK, that was maybe a little hyperbole, but if you want to help NEW players, the feature needs to be the DEFAULT. If you have to hunt for it, that's veteran/advanced only.

By far the very most important feature you could possibly add for new players is a "buy it all" button on your store. Then make 100% sure the pricing for that lines up with any and all current deals, including $$->points->buy purchases, which are often 25~50% cheaper than cash (and that leaves a serious sour taste for any buyer once they figure it out).

IMHO, that single buy-it-all button should have the highest priority for development and maintenance for your entire organization. Your whole pricing structure is geared around shearing whales. Make it EASY for them to swim up and shed their wool.

saekee

long live ROGUE
of course the downside of this is that new players don’t have any reason to set foot in the Wayward Lobster and the Leaky Dingy is good for one quest giver. I step into the Leaky Dingy once per life for Info is key—assuming I bother going out of my way—and I am not sure I ever step foot in the Lobster. They require changing zones which means loading screens that I would rather skip.
I would move this thing to folks standing just outside the taverns or vector folks directly to the next questgiver.

Azasmokey

Stop price gouging. The once you spend $20 should include the same as the free pack giveaway. If I was new , I’d play for 1 hour, that iinc making a character. Get mean. New player you can choose fighter, cleric, wisard, rogue. State clearly. Free trail.,

Purr

Is there something that would prevent having one NPC in each area with a giant "!" over his head that could assign all the quests in a given area? I remember when I started how frustrating it would be to run to a quest and not have them assigned. Or, at least in the early areas, add a duplicate NPC outside each quest in early areas to assign them?

Falkor

Could we add a NPC that can teach new players how to use the map and identify quest markers? Navigating the game is a thing.

Cheeps

Tired Member
Could we add a NPC that can teach new players how to use the map and identify quest markers? Navigating the game is a thing.

You mean like that paperclip with eyeballs that windows used to have to teach people how to use windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.