Upcoming game update 66.0.2

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I run this game with frills and glimmers turned off, crowd control = .4, no shadows, etc, etc.. (low graphics with high sight-distance.) at first thought I was losing my mind, then I got woozy (and disoriented more than usual, because Mouse-Look) for the first time ever, playing a game. Between Performance weirdness and tumble NERF, I choose not to play DDO atm cause I play games to have fun, not be frustrated and woozy (and angry when I block.)

Don't know what y'all @ SSG are planning for the fix, but this has got to be the second worse culmination of DDO events, ever. Throw us a bone.

*The worst I've experienced (don't really play on Wayfinder) was the time the Server when down for more than a day, probably two, IIRC.

Last edited:

Vlander

Well Known Member
Ever since U66 landed I have noticed an impactful graphical bug, and I'd like to know if it's related to the FPS issue or if it's something else entirely:

The looks of other players' models (and of other things, but its easiest to notice on player models) change when I get further away from them compared to how they look when I'm close to them. This is most striking when viewing characters with heavy VFX, such as Fire Sorcs etc (but it doesn't affect just the heavy VFX, every single model is altered noticeably). It's somewhat as if my Draw Distance is set to "medium", and the game lowers the graphical detail of things that are not immediately next to me.

This bug wasn't there prior to U66. For the record I have all my graphics settings maxed out, and the bug exists in both fullscreen and windowed. I didn't change any settings on DDO or my PC.

Below are some screenshots showcasing the issue.

XlLgcXf.jpeg
I've noticed this long before the update

Ryofu Housen

NGITSUM
Roll back all the loot and TRs and everything else as well?
Oh god, no, please no.

I reincarnated as fast as I could to get away from all the jank of trying to play an Inqui shifter. I don't know if it was general lag that was causing me to fire blanks with around half my shots, or the shifter's weird arm-wiggle animations that caused it, but it's not something I'd wish on anyone, nor want to return to.

Dragavon

Because if your at under 30 fps and don't know it, you can enter the quest than start dropping more than can't move.

Can't win either way really, so we didn't play today.
CTRL-F brings up the in-game FPS counter. Just restart when you see it drop to a problematic level. For me that is around 30.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Oh god, no, please no.

I reincarnated as fast as I could to get away from all the jank of trying to play an Inqui shifter. I don't know if it was general lag that was causing me to fire blanks with around half my shots, or the shifter's weird arm-wiggle animations that caused it, but it's not something I'd wish on anyone, nor want to return to.
Yeah. Just the way the founders intended: blaze though n reincarnate. Not without it's merits but it is not the only path. Well, until MMO.

Ryofu Housen

NGITSUM
Yeah. Just the way the founders intended: blaze though n reincarnate. Not without it's merits but it is not the only path. Well, until MMO.
True. I could have deleted and remade. But there is little to do when you have a specific build that's worked for you for several lives, only to find that either because of game-breaking lag or something inherently wrong with that particular race, your build is now unable to land at least half your shots.

Reactions: dur

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
FPS cuts in half after 5 minutes of just running thru marketplace, or questing, or zoning.

How Q/A team didn't noticed that?

Jasparius

CTRL-F brings up the in-game FPS counter. Just restart when you see it drop to a problematic level. For me that is around 30.

I will see what mine is like this evening. Playing in Australia with bad latency we probably are used to managing somewhat difficult dungeons.

I tested and in the Necro area I was sitting on 50 FPS standard, as I have a moderately old laptop but keep details turned up fairly high.

Ryofu Housen

NGITSUM
I will see what mine is like this evening. Playing in Australia with bad latency we probably are used to managing somewhat difficult dungeons.

I tested and in the Necro area I was sitting on 50 FPS standard, as I have a moderately old laptop but keep details turned up fairly high.
From Japan here. On a fresh game, running on a GTX 1000-series, I can usually get about 120FPS, at about 170ish ms latency.

Hope some of that info helps.

I run this game with frills and glimmers turned off, crowd control = .4, no shadows, etc, etc.. (low graphics with high sight-distance.) at first thought I was losing my mind, then I got woozy (and disoriented more than usual, because Mouse-Look) for the first time ever, playing a game. Between Performance weirdness and tumble NERF, I choose not to play DDO atm cause I play games to have fun, not be frustrated and woozy (and angry when I block.)

Don't know what y'all @ SSG are planning for the fix, but this has got to be the second worse culmination of DDO events, ever. Throw us a bone.

*The worst I've experienced (don't really play on Wayfinder) was the time the Server when down for more than a day, probably two, IIRC.
Memories are shorter than we like to think.

There was an issue so bad Wayfinder lost days of actual playtime in a rollback. And while mercifully infrequent, there were rollbacks before that affecting actual live progress across all servers.

A rollback of character data would send people stratospheric, especially those who've spent money in game since the update. Loot lost, progression lost, etc.

For those saying just revert the client and not the characters: 66.0.1 addressed issues people were having with 66.0.0 which would just come back, and anything before 66.0.0 would not work as people have characters reliant on new features in that build (Dragon Lord, most obviously).

It sucks things aren't working. I'm sure SSG feel bad about that. But there's nothing anyone can do but wait for a fix, as frustrated as we might be.

Onyxia2016

Last edited:

WildJax

We are working on a game update for later this week to address a technical issue causing degraded game performance over time. This issue manifests in a frame rate that lowers until the game client is closed and reopened. We will have more information on timing as soon as we can.
You all fixed the Jibs when it was a full rezz in less than 24hrs that affected nothing at all other than your store sales for rezz cakes, Meanwhile you take your sweet time fixing an issue as massive and affecting as this!

Jasparius

You all fixed the Jibs when it was a full rezz in less than 24hrs that affected nothing at all other than your store sales for rezz cakes, Meanwhile you take your sweet time fixing an issue as massive and affecting as this!

Monetary losses people work overtime. Something like this becomes a fix for a dev during their normal working hours.

Onyxia2016

I am sure they are taking a monetary hit. My wife and I would usually drop a couple hundred dollars for point when on sale. We have not logged in at all for a few days now. Just to frustrating to deal with. Playing another game now and having fun, which is the whole purpose for playing.

Jasparius

You don't think they are losing money now? They have people not even logging into the game because its so bad.

People claiming that. There are also people complaining at having bought VIP and not getting daily rolls so the money seems to be coming in.

We relog once when taking level. Id be amazed if most on the forum arent massively exaggerating how bad things are. Its a bit annoying. Thats our experience.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'm hoping Cordovan is visiting all the servers again this year; I always enjoy when he gives out goodies and I need a pet rock on my current server.

Ryofu Housen

NGITSUM
People claiming that. There are also people complaining at having bought VIP and not getting daily rolls so the money seems to be coming in.

We relog once when taking level. Id be amazed if most on the forum arent massively exaggerating how bad things are. Its a bit annoying. Thats our experience.
To be fair, I had been on VIP since March of last year. Was hoping to see a gold or two before it ended. Having not, I've got even less inclination to re-sub.