Upcoming game update 66.0.2

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I'm hoping Cordovan is visiting all the servers again this year; I always enjoy when he gives out goodies and I need a pet rock on my current server.
Would be nice, yes. Would also be nice if those of us apparently 'living under a rock' knew about it as well. :coffee:

nothing you said, just.. life..

Speed

Had that too. Had to change my graphic hardware level to DirectX11 to see it correctly.

Our graphic cards are DirectX 11/12 on hardware side (Cyberpunk and BG3 require it as minimum and work fine).
Need to check settings, but this is the only visual glitch since last update, so I guess there is something to fix to make it work similar to other auras/circles or buffs/spells or elemental/undead forms that all seem to still work fine.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Our graphic cards are DirectX 11/12 on hardware side (Cyberpunk and BG3 require it as minimum and work fine).
Need to check settings, but this is the only visual glitch since last update, so I guess there is something to fix to make it work similar to other auras/circles or buffs/spells or elemental/undead forms that all seem to still work fine.
Having the hardware lets you using DX11 in game, just be sure to set the game to use it.
RBaTf6r.jpeg

Volarr

Maybe the changes they made broke something and they should just undo all the garbage they did. and it is garbage. in fact while theyre at it the should go all the way back to the last point everything worked right and just leave it alone.
lol, Ya right we would all lose so much they would never hear the end of it.

Onyxia2016

lol, Ya right we would all lose so much they would never hear the end of it.
Yep that are to far down the rabbit hole to turn back now.
That should have been the decision last Thursday after the hotfix, that did not damage than the original update.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I would look into your Player Crowd Size and Texture Cache Settings, see if adjustments make a difference.
- I have all my graphics settings maxed out as mentioned. Decreasing any them (Player Crowd Size, Texture Cache Setting, Player Mesh Combining, or anything else), or restarting the game (in any combination imagineable) did not resolve the issue.
- No drivers or graphics options were changed in recently.
- This person claims this bug was not introduced in U66, but I am certain that it can't be THAT old, or I would have noticed, as it's VERY annoying.
- The bug does not just impact player models; it's very noticeable with the chalices above NPCs too. If you stand next to them and then start backing away from them, you'll see the chalice disappear eventually (at a much shorter distance than one would expect). The distance at which things like bushes render in areas like explorers also seems (but not sure) visibly lower.
- Most importantly, 6 out of the 6 people I asked in game, were immediately able to confirm that this bug affects them too, and we all have a wide range of operating systems and GPUs (although virtually everyone has maxed graphics settings).

I will try to find more information, and will eventually make a thread of its own, but wanted to bring this first batch of information regarding this graphical bug to your attention devs, as it's extremely distracting & widespread - and I'm afraid that it's (likely) on your end. Please consider doing a super quick test yourselves in the meantime (just place somewhere a fire sorc with the fire elemental VFX, stand next to them, and start backing away).

Edit: I'm using a mirrored invisible cloak on my toon, and I was just told that when people look at my back from 10+ in-game meters away or further, they just see a floating head, due to the aforementioned bug. Amazing stuff. Good to know it's not a me issue though.

Last edited: