Update 60 Preview 1: Macrotechnic

Cordovan

Community Manager

Welcome to the first preview of Update 60 on Lamannia! This preview focuses on the Macrotechnic and more, details of which are below. This preview is scheduled to run until 3pm Eastern on Thursday, June 22nd. Further Lamannia previews are scheduled.

Note that this is not the full list of features that will be in Update 60. Expect further adjustments and additions to the release notes.

We have created preview threads to discuss the following features, other feedback can take place in this thread.
News and Notes:

Macrotechnic Epic Destiny
Rune Arm Changes:
Experience System Adjustments:
Enemy AI Adjustments:
Dungeons Alert Adjustments:
Other Changes:

Balance and Gameplay Changes:
  • The Legendary Curse of Agony now has a maximum duration of 60 seconds.
  • The pause at the end of tumbling with the Experimental Tumble Controls has been removed, allowing for a seamless dodge experience.
Bugfixes:
  • Titania's Glory now references the correct helmet in its description.
  • Corrected a misspelled Tiefling in Devil Assault.
  • Removed bad tooltip info from an Enlightened Spirit ability.
  • Heroic and epic ancient Vulkoorim dagger now has its proper material.
  • Fixed a typo in When There's Smoke's objective text.
  • Pack Aptitude now properly grants its +6 bonus, fixed its tooltip.
  • Fixed tooltip in Morninglord enhancements for Sunburst.
  • Flurry of Blows now grants its dodge bonus at the correct levels.
  • If you gained Flurry of Blows via Sacred Fist levels, the dodge bonus is now correctly based off your Paladin level and not monk level.
  • Fixed set bonus effect of the Menachterun Scavenger set.
  • Fixed descriptions from a few collectable turn-in NPCs.
  • Fixed description of Thorn Blade spell.
  • Vile Eruption now deals its correct damage through Earthquake.
  • Maiming found on randomly generated and named items now correctly only triggers on-crit.
  • Metalline Bond now displays on your weapon properly.
  • Mutillate now correctly applies its Cha damage and Bane damage.
  • Laughter's Melee Power now applies more reliably.
  • Druid's Improved Dodge now has a % sign in its tooltip.
  • The exit in Haverdasher is now named The Harbor instead of The Marketplace.
  • Consecration now properly heals hirelings.
  • Corrected a text error in Lightning the Candle's buff.
  • The Power Word spells are now correctly listed as Enchantment spells.
  • Fixed description on Grandmaster of Oceans.
  • Fixed typos in Olyn Araphyr's dialogue.
  • Fixed name of Rakhat's Trifle and other miscellaneous Rakhat's text.
  • The description of Heal, Mass has been fixed.
  • Diplomacy is now slightly less buggy!
  • Acid Bolt is now properly a conjuration spell.
  • Arcane Tempest is less likely to get stuck on enemies forever.
  • Fixed a number of CC abilities that were not being properly counted as crowd control.
  • The Storm Giant walking around Gianthold has remembered how to use his legs again and will no longer hop along his path at a jaunty angle.
  • Uncanny Balance now has the correct prerequisites.
  • Hallowed items are now correctly Enhancement typed bonuses and not Sacred typed bonuses and also boost the correct stat.
  • Stormsinger's Electrocution now correctly triggers from Cold spells and boosts cold spell power.
  • Distraction from Feydark Illusionist may now properly be used without breaking stealth.
  • Kelas' Volatile Mixture is no longer secretly acting like a throwing dagger instead of an Orb.
  • Transcend Darkness may now be properly trained.
  • Fixed the names of Transcend Darkness and Transcend Light to better match the abilities granted.
UI and Engine Work:
  • You can now right click a party member in the party UI to send them a tell.
  • You can now move the Rune Arm Charge UI element.

Last edited:

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
If you gained Flurry of Blows via Sacred Fist levels, the dodge bonus is now correctly based off your Paladin level and not monk level.
What if you obtain this feat from both classes?

Would it be prudent to update it to be "...increases by +1 for every four additional monk or sacred fist levels"?

that way it more readily scales when more punching classes are added.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We want to make sure that feedback is made in the appropriate threads we've created for this preview, so odds are good you will be posting your feedback in one of these threads and not this one:
If you want to discuss something that isn't the above related to this preview, feel free to do it here. Otherwise, please stick to the appropriate feedback threads for your feedback. Thanks!

Zuldar

Experience System Adjustments:
  • We are doing some updates to the XP system to increase incentives for killing monsters and to make it a little less confusing. This all ties into a series of changes to make running pass large numbers of encounters a less desirable behavior because of what it does to our servers due to pathing costs.
  • Changes:
    • Bravery Bonus is being renamed Delving Bonus.
    • The "First Time" bonus that appears per difficulty is being removed and it's value absorbed into Conquest & the Delving bonus. It was redundant, a bit confusing and we need the numbers elsewhere.
      • First Time bonus Changes - These bonuses are being absorbed by other bonus types.
I'm a bit confused by this, does this mean you only get part of the first time bonus if you get conquest?

canicus

The tumble changes are indeed wonderful. I am concerned that there are too many quests that require taking a large amount of time seeking out monsters to kill in order to get Conquest. I fear there will be many quests where players end up with less XP for playing in a straightforward manner. In general, though, I like the idea of incentivizing killing monsters. I just don't want to add hours to every past life to get the same XP. I worry that this change will lead players (namely me) to start doing the same quests over and over each day to level up, rather than looking to expand my repertoire of quests that I learn and do. This could make DDO much more repetitive and grindy when it doesn't need to be. I have TR'd 15+ times and there are well over 100 quests that I have never done once. This change will likely make me narrow my quest choice, rather than bothering to attempt to add variety to my Tr's.

Edit: I just did Raven's Bane and made it to Baba's hut without even triggering the aggression bonus. Should I really have to go around that swamp and kill every single scarecrow just to make the same XP? I am not engaging the behavior that this change seems to be aimed at solving - I have 153 kills. I have not been running past monsters, just not going to unnecessary areas for the sole purpose of killing every blasted mob.

I get that it would take an enormous amount of time to go through every single quest and make sure that a reasonable number of kills, based on playing the quest in a straightforward manner, but maybe that means that a different solution to the problem needs to happen.

Last edited:

LrdSlvrhnd

• The Storm Giant walking around Gianthold has remembered how to use his legs again and will no longer hop along his path at a jaunty angle.
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I agree! What did the bunnyhopping giant do to deserve this, except bring joy to all who saw him??? Is it too early to start planning the protest under the Marketplace bridge about this change?

Grumpy

UI and Engine Work:
  • You can now right click a party member in the party UI to send them a tell.
  • You can now move the Rune Arm Charge UI element.
Ok, gotta say, watching the Giant bunny hop his way through the town was amusing and will be sad to not see it anymore.

I really like the change to relocate the Rune-arm Charge UI As someone who plays an arti hybrid almost every life when i level this will be a welcome change.

Not really a part of this patch, but hopefully with the new addition of the rune arm ED, that we will see some new good ones, and some more robot love as well in the near future. (mostly talking gear).

Edrein

Will we also see the runearm 'feat' provided in Macrotechnic put on the Artificer Dilettante for Half-Elves? I know Steelstar mentioned wanting to do something like this years ago when I was on the PC.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Note that this is not the full list of features that will be in Update 60. Expect further adjustments and additions to the release notes.
Is there any actual quest content scheduled for this update? A new raid? It's extremely light on content players can consume.

Spook

I dont think casters need another aoe CC. I would like to see a tactics version of the aoe stun (most epic destiny melee/ranged CC is inadequate -GMoF excluded) and some strikethough to compliment battle engineer

Im not a fan of the mantle (SR value need to be much higher to be useful unless its stacking - impossible to say as its not currently working) I dont see that getting much use in the META but might see some use on hardcore and may see some use on a utility (non-dps) arti (ie bubble bot)

I would like the tree to open up some new build options eg centering with runearms or rune arms not breaking druidic oath high up in the tree/cores