Update 63 approaches!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Now I'm less excited. Being mostly melee, I'm not a fan of reaper.

Here's hoping the final boss is outed into the realms so 50+ people can send it to it's death. :cool:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I can't speak for the rest of servers but seriously from Cannith, it would have been nice some sort of warning that the downtime was coming, caught me with 2/3 of Crucible and was not nice, not at all.

🤬
Every Wednesday @ 9am EST, for quite a while now.

Gyuma Bei

Neverwinter (the inferior D&D 4th Edition MMO) is getting SPELLJAMMER.

Meanwhile, we get this one-time community event and Deck of Many Thi... Curses mechanics (which I'm guessing is a sort of tie-in to the Deck of Many Things tabletop product release).

Which one's getting the better D&D content? You decide.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Meanwhile, we get this one-time community event and Deck of Many Thi... Curses mechanics (which I'm guessing is a sort of tie-in to the Deck of Many Things tabletop product release).
Yeah, the Deck of Many Things.. well, the way SSG tries to bleed us for all we're worth, and the hoops required to 'work it,' I think it's aptly named.

Stimulus

If the event aspect is only up for a week, that's a mistake. Easy to fix tho: they can just NOT DO THAT.

The cards aspect will probably get tweaked further, so I'll just hoard them and not upgrade anything until I've accumulated some removers. If they're as rare as bone pickers, I'll just leave the cards in the bank or sell them for shards.

I'm looking forward to the event. Two reasons: 1. When the devs create new content instead of new systems, the game is more fun 2. It's always fun to watch tunnel-vision scrubs with a zillion pls get splattered by content they can't just press W through.

Like, the best part of the game level of fun.

Kritikal

Keeping this "Reaper Only" alienates a part of your already dwindling customer base.
Keeping this event for only a week alienates a part of your already dwindling customer base.

Whoever is making these decisions on behave of SSG is not making good decisions.

If the event aspect is only up for a week, that's a mistake. Easy to fix tho: they can just NOT DO THAT.

The cards aspect will probably get tweaked further, so I'll just hoard them and not upgrade anything until I've accumulated some removers. If they're as rare as bone pickers, I'll just leave the cards in the bank or sell them for shards.

I'm looking forward to the event. Two reasons: 1. When the devs create new content instead of new systems, the game is more fun 2. It's always fun to watch tunnel-vision scrubs with a zillion pls get splattered by content they can't just press W through.

Like, the best part of the game level of fun.
Aye. Take some dude with wings to Terminal Delirium. You probably get a corpse.

vryxnr

So, it says "Defeating the Illithid threat unlocks new quests..."

But it also says "The dungeons stick around after the event, ..."

I've heard different conclusions about what that means. Does it mean that only the dungeons you unlock remain, and if there are any you(r server) do not unlock, it remains locked and unavailable? OR does it mean that once the event is done, all the dungeons unlock anyways and become available for all?

I do not have access to other social media like twitter/x/threads/facebook and the last while youtube as well, so I don't know if those sources have more details and information.

Last edited:

Ahpuch

Keeping this "Reaper Only" alienates a part of your already dwindling customer base.
Keeping this event for only a week alienates a part of your already dwindling customer base.

Whoever is making these decisions on behave of SSG is not making good decisions.
I think we need to know more about the nature of the event before getting too critical. If it is like the very old marketplace event then it will just be kill a number of mobs and once the threshold is reached a new quest is unlocked. if it is like that then the actual event is the 10 seconds for those last few mobs to get killed and the quest to open. The event will get tired if it takes more than a week to unlock the quests.

And if the nature of the event is kill a bunch of X then people who don't want to enter Reaper to kill X will not be missing out and if they want to participate, go into a quest on reaper and try to find an X.

Of course I have no idea what this event is. As long as it is more accessible to every one than the Nebula Fragments (still haven't seen one) "event" was this will be an improvement.

Ahpuch

So, it says "Defeating the Illithid thread unlocks new quests..."

But it also says "The dungeons stick around after the event, ..."

I've heard different conclusions about what that means. Does it mean that only the dungeons you unlock remain, and if there are any you(r server) do not unlock, it remains locked and unavailable? OR does it mean that once the event is done, all the dungeons unlock anyways and become available for all?

I do not have access to other social media like twitter/x/threads/facebook and the last while youtube as well, so I don't know if those sources have more details and information.
After one week, any quests that were not unlocked will unlock. If no one hunts illithids on your server then your server gets access to the quests next Wed. That is an educated guess but I haven't seen an alternative that makes any sense. They are not going to leave the quests perma locked on some servers.

Scrag

Neverwinter (the inferior D&D 4th Edition MMO) is getting SPELLJAMMER.

Which one's getting the better D&D content? You decide.
Spelljammer. I have an account to play Neverwinter, and that is enough of a bone to go check it out again and try it. It wasn't a horrible game.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
After one week, any quests that were not unlocked will unlock. If no one hunts illithids on your server then your server gets access to the quests next Wed. That is an educated guess but I haven't seen an alternative that makes any sense. They are not going to leave the quests perma locked on some servers.
Well, if they did, that'd be one way to force the server consolidation argument :ROFLMAO:

vryxnr

Wouldn't they? TBH It would not surprise me if they did.

So, I guess there's no need to do anything, it's just an event for potential early access to experience it now, and/or server pride in unlocking things "first".

Stimulus

Wouldn't they? TBH It would not surprise me if they did.

So, I guess there's no need to do anything, it's just an event for potential early access to experience it now, and/or server pride in unlocking things "first".
Maybe completing the dungeons unlocks a SECRET RAID IN THE SKY like the last event, and at the end we can watch Grand theft Aureon blow up.

Which that quest deserves.

Hopefully keeping this limited to reaper dungeons will cut down on the lag it’ll create.

Trying to play thru the lag on Orien lately has been exactly like trying to eat a sandwich by hand that consists of a generous portion of Campbell’s Tomato Soup on Wonderbread.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Not a reason to remove the messages 1 hour till disconnect, 30 mins, 15 mins, 5 mins ... not all of us live in Boston
So you've seen them before? Maybe you missed the World Announcement? IDK, I logged 30+ minutes before shutdown.

Can World Messages be disabled?