Update 64+ Preview 1 Feedback: Chronoscope Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraetorPlato

I don't believe 3 piece augment sets should override existing set bonuses. I really honestly don't think it would break the game, and it would allow us to have that extra Aug set (which is a PITA to grind for anyway...3 raid items/or 3,750 runes and 3 soulforged gems). The way it is now, you basically need 3 pieces of gear that are not part of a set, and then you have to choose which Augment to slot.
This would be a massive buff, because it means you could probably fit 2 extra 3 piece sets on most gear sets.

glass_jaws

I know unlikely but can you make a pass on the old gear from Chrono? Like maybe remove the clickies that are pretty unusable overall to give spell lore for the appropriate element. Could remove the "guards" on the others that don't have clickies for the right lores there. Not trying to make perfect items out of them, but they do need a little love to feel competitive.

Edrein

This would be a massive buff, because it means you could probably fit 2 extra 3 piece sets on most gear sets.
It would inherently be balanced by the fact that it's still the same set bonus as others. It'd be the same as any other gear tetris we already have to try and slot addition sets, IE: two 5pc sets, or any sort of combination at end game.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I like the augment sets and they give value to the squid loot

I like having ML5 enhanced ki, really helps monks not be in fire stance

For legendary gear, the quality stats are great but to make them more interesting, I would have quality (edit: not this: or insightful) tactical buffs instead of what is listed, eg insightful or quality assassinate, quality stunning etc.

Last edited:

saekee

long live ROGUE
Chronoscope runes can be used to purchase the new heroic items. There's some Dryad gear in the Chronoscope rune barter window that's obviously not part of the Chronoscope raid.
that’s great news. I have a lot of chrono runes.

Viamel

For legendary gear, the quality stats are great but to make them more interesting, I would have quality or insightful tactical buffs instead of what is listed, eg insightful or quality assassinate, insightful stunning etc.
qual assassinate on that neck would be neat

peng

For legendary gear, the quality stats are great but to make them more interesting, I would have quality or insightful tactical buffs instead of what is listed, eg insightful or quality assassinate, insightful stunning etc.
The enhanced ki necklace already has insightful combat mastery. Unfortunately, that doesn't stack with trances.

Nickodeamous

I see your point on some of these 3 piece sets for sure.

However, I do not believe +3 of any ability score is game breaking at endgame. Maybe only these should be changed? Its just a suggestion. :) The other ones can "replace a set".

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Ideally the legendary items should drop so we can have them with mythic/reaper boosts and a reason to actually run the legendary version of the raid. If not, then star fragements should drop so we can upgrade without having to grind out other stuff just to get our raid loot built.

edit: without one or both of these, it'll be faster and easier to just grind the epic raid for the same exact gear.

The belts with +14 shield (Green and White Abishai) need adjusted. +14 shield is a dead modifier and an artifact of ancient itemization. Perhaps put in Rough Hide ( Like Dire bear belt) or Insightful Natural Armor. (We have not had an insightful natural armor item since the griffon necklace.)

The armors are next to useless. Disease guard and Demonic Shield are useless mods. Anything that relies on getting hit at end game is questionable at best. And DR 5 ? What is the purpose of DR 5 at end game? The mobs are hitting for thousands of damage. DR 5 might as well be not there. Spell resistance is niche and most builds will not benefit from it at all. The only usable mod on the armors is the fortification which shows up on dozens of other pieces of loot. They armors aren't even part of a set.

Why would anyone ever invest in crafting one of these armors ?

Also why not take advantage of the revamp and make the other Abishai pieces worth while ? The Helmet and the Gauntlets are OK. The Cloak is Marginal. but ...... the boots and the bracers are horribly bad by todays loot standards. Remove the useless clickies and add in something. Be it an absorb, spell lore , an insightful mod of some sort. Just please make it so that they aren't dead loot. We play this game for shinies. Most of the old abishai pieces are turds. And while Mythbusters proved you can technically polish a turd, they are best flushed.

Reactions: DBZ

Dielzen

While I can appreciate the thematics of the rings and their damage types, it feels really bad to be a Stormsinger that doesn't have a Sonic ring.

iirc, the runearms or shots from typical Orthons deal Sonic damage, and since we have a couple named ones in the raid, would it be possible to get a ring of sonic added into the options? "The Trigger Guard of the Orthons" or something.....

(and there's Light/Alignment not represented as well, while we're at it)

Status
Not open for further replies.