Update 64+ Preview 1 Feedback: Chronoscope Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Chronoscope runes can be used to purchase the new heroic items. There's some Dryad gear in the Chronoscope rune barter window that's obviously not part of the Chronoscope raid.

pevergreen

Also, if you're looking for a "Raid only unique item" to add to the mix, how about a Legendary GoMF that features set bonuses that aren't part of the S/S/S system? (ex. Forbidden Knowledge, Mists of Ravenloft, Feywild, Dread Isle Curse, etc.)
Agreed with this, give it a slightly different name and have it roll on newer set bonuses. make it another thread sink if you want and let people try for that perfect gamebreaking combo of 5piece and 3 piece - imagine a gem that gave you 3pc dino and 5pc dino. People would love that.

Even if you tone it down and it only has sharn/fey for one and the other ones for the other slot - that would still get uptake for sure

Ying

5000+ hours played
Legendary Infested Armor cosmetic (both look like this):

image.png

Lazuli

This would've been a good time to add in the ability to apply mythic bonuses to existing loot as the new raid seems to drop heroic and use the upgrade system that'll eat any mythic/reaper boosts on items.
A repetition of reaper crafting, no thanks. It's an endless grind and tremendously anti-alt. May mythic crafting be easier and more alt-friendly than reaper crafting please.

Kitty2Meow

In this Preview, there is loot for the Update 64 Chronoscope Revamp. Find it in the Test Dojo, and feel free to talk about it here!
Legendary Belt of the Green Abishai
Suggestion: Change the Shield Bonus +14 to Natural Armor +14 (or Insightful Shield Bonus +7)

Ying

5000+ hours played
Legendary Diabolist's Ring: Please replace either the Wizardry or the Demonic Shield with Insightful Conjuration Focus +3. There's not a single Insightful Conjuration Focus +3 item in the game, and Conjuration is the DC used for Acid spells (and alchemist elemental vials). So it's still in line with the flavor of the item.

Personally, I hate Demonic Shield (or any guard effect) on characters that aren't tanks. Defensive mechanics that require you get hit to activate are antithetical.

Viamel

The new abishai gear starts with a pretty nice direction, but ultimately none of the items feel like "Raid Gear" they look like saltmarsh items with an abishai set on them. I think this is pretty easily addressed; by colour they're themed already, but they just need a slightly more unique to raid gear feel. Interesting proc effects based on their themes akin to the original pieces would make a large difference. I won't go into each individual item piece I think each item has these issues without exception. The heroic items are fine, but this is a legendary raid so I'm evaluating the gear compared to other legendary loot.

The Abishai Set Bonus; it drops profane damage in favor of some defensive stats which I don't hate but it means that you're never using these on a melee build, losing that flat damage hurts too much. I wonder if the answer here is to provide something like Profane Imbue Dice or Profane Sneak Dice (or Both) rather than being a straight copy of the Dino and Vecna sets.

The legendary items not dropping as legendary in the quest means we can't acquire this gear with boosts, this makes every single piece significantly less viable to end game players, which is a shame because I think with some tweaks this gear could be competitive and see play.

PraetorPlato

Improved demonic shield isn't exactly wildly exciting for a tank, either, given the numbers. I agree with Viamel that these need a little more pop overall to feel unique.
Personally, I hate Demonic Shield (or any guard effect) on characters that aren't tanks. Defensive mechanics that require you get hit to activate are antithetical.

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
I think this new stuff is cool, although admittedly I am not fond of the int version of the items.. but I would love to see some things that have been missing from new content for a long time. For example, an update to Staff of Nat Gann that makes it an alternative to Staff of Shadows. Staff of Shadows is still by far the best in slot melee quarterstaff, and was released in 2018. Maybe this is just as much a request as it is a recommendation for future updates?
Edit: Others have mentioned the great axe. There is a good opportunity here! :)

Nickodeamous

What items do the new set augments take to craft them?
I dont see where this has been answered, but I'm going to go ahead an add two things:

One
I don't believe 3 piece augment sets should override existing set bonuses. I really honestly don't think it would break the game, and it would allow us to have that extra Aug set (which is a PITA to grind for anyway...3 raid items/or 3,750 runes and 3 soulforged gems). The way it is now, you basically need 3 pieces of gear that are not part of a set, and then you have to choose which Augment to slot.

Two
What makes this uber grindy is that you may want "xyz aug set" now, but what if you decided to change it up? You cant deconstruct them to get runes back. Your stuck going back on the grind. Perfect example would be say you needed 15% helpless damage cause it didnt fall in your particular set. You go ahead a craft the 3 augments after farming a few raids over a bit of time and getting RNG souldforged gems. Now, 3 months later, you can switch up gear and now you have 15% helpless on a set...those 3 aug you spent farming and gearing are now just sitting in your aug bag (unless you can use em on an alt). But why not allow us to deconstruct them and at least get some runes for them. It would help us be able to experiment with new builds and honestly would be a QOL improvement.

Just my 2 cents,
Nic

nobodynobody1426

Wow I love that they are finally handing out real Insightful / Quality bonus's on items that casters would actually want to wear, plus a decent set of set augments.

Status
Not open for further replies.