Update 66.0.1 Downtime Expected Today

Jummby

Everyone complains about everything! I’d like to see them do better. I appreciate all that you guys do to bring us a great game and new content. Special thanks for the free gifts 🎁 for 2024. Happy Anniversary DDO . 😉
The love it or leave mentality might be fine for you. Sadly though, this doesn't help the game or the community. People do get frustrated and look for other games ro play.

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
The patch notes mention nothing about fixing the Ravager tree being a huge mess for Dragon Lords ( no healing from tier 5 heal procc/kills) or the cores not being level gated. Also, whut the heck *did* you guys do at the test server?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
There, er... "might", be another hotfix today (not even related to the FPS drop issue)... :confused:

J1NG

Elminster

The patch notes mention nothing about fixing the Ravager tree being a huge mess for Dragon Lords ( no healing from tier 5 heal procc/kills) or the cores not being level gated. Also, whut the heck *did* you guys do at the test server?
um wait whut about ravager tree?

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
um wait whut about ravager tree?
Core abilites in the DL ravager tree has requisites character level same as normal, but figher level 1, even says so in the tool tip.
Also, the tier 5 ability Blood Strength heals for nothing, no 12% proc heal, no on kill 20 hp heal, worthless. I've respecced a few times and nothing changed, no green numbers as far as the eye goes :(

Edit: Sorry what i should have said is that it has NO character level requirement on cores, just on the tiers, you can buy core 6 as soon as you get 41 points to spend in the tree.

Elminster

Core abilites in the DL ravager tree has requisites character level same as normal, but figher level 1, even says so in the tool tip.
Also, the tier 5 ability Blood Strength heals for nothing, no 12% proc heal, no on kill 20 hp heal, worthless. I've respecced a few times and nothing changed, no green numbers as far as the eye goes :(

Edit: Sorry what i should have said is that it has NO character level requirement on cores, just on the tiers, you can buy core 6 as soon as you get 41 points to spend in the tree.
huh... any Barbs here try out their Ravager tree? Is everything working correctly?

I know this was a HUGE update but again.. where's the Q/A?

(once again forget the player council, create the player bug test team!)

Last edited:

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
huh... any Barbs here try out their Ravager tree? Is everything working correctly?

I know this was a HUGE update but again.. where's the Q/A?

(once again gorget the player council, create the player bug test team!)
I made a cherry handwrap barb with auto level earlier today and it works perfectly with the heal proc, it's the DL tree that was badly borked by the copying i think

HoopleHead

This has serious "well, nobody here is a chef, so they shouldn't complain if their steak is overcooked" energy.

Yes, maybe we aren't the chefs, but I'm pretty sure someone in the kitchen took a dump on the steak they just served us.

Mmm... good cracker, great cracker... best cracker I ever had...

hey wait.. this is just a Saltine!

Maaaannnn 🤬

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
and the game is crashing and lagging to shavarath and back, I just had a full game crash LIVE on stream just sitting on my guild ship's amenity bar. hell I can't even do my tumble fidget now thanks to the whole TUMBLE limit crap... Last I checked tumble didn't have a usage limit at any point in PnP in fact if anything before this fix, Tumble was more accurate to the books as it did give a slight speed boost going down hills and other terrain and on top of all of that in 2E if you combined tumble and Jump skills you could get upto 5x speed depending on a few factors.... so that's is tumble nerf is just asinine

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Hey yo, I'm already a day and a half into March, no gold rolls to be found. What gives?

They should really fix the page as per my suggestion to make it read correct to avoid all this confusion.
The Daily Gold rolls for VIPs start March 27th. You can find the start times for the various rewards on our page about Year of the Dragon here: https://www.ddo.com/year-of-the-dragon
You could just edit the page to read like this and avoid a ton of confusion.

Pc1lH5J.png

Mobius

Everyone complains about everything! I’d like to see them do better. I appreciate all that you guys do to bring us a great game and new content. Special thanks for the free gifts 🎁 for 2024. Happy Anniversary DDO . 😉
This! It is possible to love the game, appreciate all the effort that goes into it, and want it to be better all at the same time.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
They should really fix the page as per my suggestion to make it read correct to avoid all this confusion.
Yes, but if making a list of things which SSG should look to fix, this would be near the bottom... let us not distract them with genuine trivialities. Else this will be fixed before the current 66.0.1 debacle, and the developers will be patting themselves on their collective back for attending to a forum request.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Yes, but if making a list of things which SSG should look to fix, this would be near the bottom... let us not distract them with genuine trivialities. Else this will be fixed before the current 66.0.1 debacle, and the developers will be patting themselves on their collective back for attending to a forum request.
It's not really trivial for someone to spend money on VIP thinking they're going to gold rolls and then find out it's almost a full month off because SSG poorly worded things; that's a straight up cash spend = disappointment. The FPS drop rates are horrible and need to get fix, but changing a line of text on the website is an easy thing to do.

vryxnr

Also, Cordovan is not the one writing the code for the game. His job is to communicate with us. He's the "Community Manager". Him communicating with us does not negatively impact the coder's ability to write code and fix bug or create content. iirc a lot of the website and forums are under his purview. There might be some that are controlled by other teams like marketting, but again, they do not do game code or bug fixes. Different departments, different people. Both things (game bugs / content and website info / communication) can be done at the same time.

edit: now, Cordo is not dedicated to DDO alone. He's CM for other games as well. I still want more and better communication, but my main point is communication does not take resources away from bug fixes and developing new content (at least with how I understand SSG to be set up).

Last edited: