Update 66 Preview 2: AOE Ranged Attacks

Elminster

HE got replaced with a pod person version of HE AND got the cool down increase to 9 seconds.
Yes, not arguing it got mauled into oblivion.

U66 is literally order 66 from Star Wars.

82c52b66b4a3500efb7e43d45b5043e9.gif

PraetorPlato

You have no idea how disruptive that 1 extra second is. Just due to how it gels with boulders, it will throw off a lot of people's rotation. Substantially lowering DPS.

Even still, it's still the far and away better choice over crap cutter.
This isn’t correct-alignment improved, it didn’t get worse.

There are two options for adren-bm use: either holding BM every time until adren is ready, or using both on cooldown and filling with other active attacks for adrenaline hits when BM isn’t up. In the first case, BM effectively has the same cooldown as adrenaline, so their alignment isn’t relevant and the nerf to adrenaline’s cooldown manifests as an exactly 12% nerf to adrenaline DPS. In the second case, you get the same number of boulder’s might per 72 seconds, but a higher portion of them (1/3 instead of 1/4 are adrenaline, which also means that more adrenalines are boulder’s mights instead of your second-favorite secondary attack). This partially offsets the adrenaline nerf.

Scrag

That 6 messages account looks like a Dev sub account asking for melee builds doing 1 million crit damage to nerf it
My crits on occasion hit 32, 35k. Mostly around 19-22k. THF pure fighter.

And to me, that feels good. Always nice to see people on the forum post such pngs or whathaveyou of such egregious damage. Makes me feel real great about how I play.

:|

Elminster

My crits on occasion hit 32, 35k. Mostly around 19-22k. THF pure fighter.

And to me, that feels good. Always nice to see people on the forum post such pngs or whathaveyou of such egregious damage. Makes me feel real great about how I play.

:|

That's kinda low quite frankly. I think a solid average, running solo with minimal debuffs and setup (raw crit) is like 50k+

Scrag

That's kinda low quite frankly. I think a solid average, running solo with minimal debuffs and setup (raw crit) is like 50k+
For you maybe. There is a world of players where this does not fit their reality.

You seem to have missed the very not subtle point of the post.

HoopleHead

The only way you're grabbing aggro as ranged in mid/high skulls is if you engage a pack of mobs before melee do, or before crowd control (Mass Hold, BoGW, etc) is applied. The aggro issues with ranged are limited to single-target damage against a boss, primarily due to imbue dice. And if you're grabbing aggro before melee and CC, know that other players despise you for it because it makes their job harder multiple times over.
That's not exactly fair... My Gnome Inquis steals agro from the Melees quite easily... the only remedy I have during raids is to shoot... wait a beat or two.. then shoot again... wash, rinse, repeat
I've never used Hunt's End, as I prefer Fey Lights to assist with Mob control so the non-melees don't get raped by mobs while trying to contribute during said raid. I'm sure End would have been nice for those big crits, but since I'm not going to 1 shot the Boss, all it did was absolutely ensure I become their sole target until I'm a greasy stain.

Anck-su-namun

Ranger Queen
Thanks DDO for officially KILLING my build as an AA archer. Disappointed to no ends for the HE Kill. I had thought you would have recoginginized the importance of an actual AA in DDO and maintained the the vision of what DD represented as ranged AA. I'm totally disappointed in this update as AOE means nothing to me. You should reconsider what AA means in D&D. Play one and feel it for your real DDO DEVS. Reconsider what you have done for those that play actual AA true builds in DDO. Would Gary Gygax agree with this design. I don't believe this was his vision for AA.

Reactions: DBZ

Kimbere

The nerf'd the abilities that were outperforming everything else. Now people that didn't use hunt/snipe combos will be more on par. Now those that didn't go DB for an epic strike will perform similarly. Up until now, if one didn't go with certain ED combos, one was effectively a flavor build. Now they're all much more the same for output (sure that output is way less, but the gap between them has just been knocked out).
Yeah. Now they're ALL mediocre instead of just most of them being mediocre.

Kimbere

Well... after HE nerf Consecration+Crusade upgrade must be next best Epic Strike for ranged toons, lol. At lest, it still works with all this new-upgrade AoE... And 5+ KoTC Pally lvl instead 6+ DWS Ranger... 🤣
Aside from raids and boss fights, Consecration's only useful if you're in a group that stops and sniffs every flower.

If you're in a highly skilled group, they move fast. You generally don't stand in one place for longer than a few seconds for two reasons.
1) Standing significantly increases your chances of dying in challenging fights.
2) With proper groups, each group of trash mobs shouldn't last more than 5-10s.

Veresch

Add Rogue Mechanic to ranged AOE attacks ...

T1: Thunderstone: AOE ranged attack that does Sonic damage and Daze (I prefer blindness) with whatever damage that scales 200/300/400% with ranged power. Blindness lasts 6 seconds Fort save (d20+ Rogue level + disable device skill). Cooldown 8 seconds.

T4: Ooze Flask: AOE Ranged attack that decreases AC/PRR/MRR per Rogue level for 8 seconds. Deals acid damage . Scales 200/300/400% . Fort DC (d20+ Rogue level + Disable device skill). Cooldown 10 seconds.

T5: Time Bomb: AOE Ranged attack that knocks enemies over 2 seconds. Deals Fire and Force damage that scales with 400% Ranged power. Critical hits stun enemies instead for 2 seconds. Reflex save (d20 + Rogue level + disable device skill). Cooldown 6 seconds.

Thanks.