Update 66 Preview 2 Release Notes

Tolero

DDO Producer
Here are the release notes for this second preview of Update 66. Lamannia opens shortly (4pm Eastern) today and is expected to remain open until mid-afternoon Eastern time on Thursday, February 8th. Please find separate preview threads and release notes for each of the Major Features. This preview also contains a very early look at U67 quests. As usual, these release notes are expected to change over time.

Changes from the first preview are in this bright blue!

Major Features:

Balance Changes and Small Features:

• Knight of the Chalice's Exalted Cleave now deals +20% damage (previously +10%).
  • Legendary Dreadnought's Dire Charge now deals +40% damage (previously +20%).
  • Sacred Fist 12 is now a prerequisite for the feats Epic Martial Arts and Vorpal Strikes
Bug Fixes:
  • The quest Dread Sea Scrolls is now properly shareable.
  • Selecting an Alignment during character creation no longer allows you to click through the window to the Create button accidentally.
  • Sacred Fist now shows up as a prerequisite for Unarmed Strike.
  • Annabelle d'Jorasco no longer robs people.
  • Augments that apply an Implement bonus to their equipped weapons now correctly make the weapon an implement instead of trying to make you an implement.
  • Sacred Fist's Iron Skin's 2nd Tier now functions as intended.
  • The Spellsinger SLAs Cure Light Wounds and Cure Light Wounds, Mass now target undead foes correctly.
  • Incapacitation Range found on items has had its magnitude adjusted to match its intended value.
  • You now properly gain Force Spell Power and Force Spell Caster Levels within Season's Herald.
  • The tooltips for the Seasonal Attunements within Season's Herald have been adjusted for clarity.
  • You may now use the Enlarge Metamagic feat on Dark Apostate's Bane and Bestow Curse spells.
  • Ranged Special Attacks (such as Poisoned Shot from Vile Chemist) now correctly work while moving and firing a dual crossbow.
  • Fixed many small text errors and typos.
  • Death Salve now correctly turns your allies Undead.
  • Hirelings can now turn into Undead or Plants properly if they desire to do so.
  • Angel of Vengeance's Just Reward now works regardless of what favored weapon you have.
  • Shuriken Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training now have proper tooltips.
  • Stormsinger's Lightning Strike now correctly upgrades its damage.
  • Fixed the Gianthold augment vendors tooltips to correctly indicate what augments they sell.
  • Draconic Incarnation's 4th core no longer improperly consumes your spell components.
  • Sacred Fist's Divine Striker now functions again.
  • Fixed the tooltips of the Armor and Shield Proficiency feats and added more clarifying text to them.
  • You can now cast Protection Domain's Radiant Forcefield on your allies.
  • Plant Growth's tooltip no longer eats Animal Growth's tooltip.
  • Cleric Warpriest's Divine Vessel now shows your weapons properly when used.
  • Favored Soul War Soul's Divine Vessel now shows your weapons properly when used.
  • The Marilith Chain now has its proper set bonus.
  • Fighter's Against All Odds now functions with its intended timing
  • Schism Shard weapons no longer lose W score when they are upgraded
  • All SLAs should now have much more accurate directional targeting.
  • The Tactical Training Room amenity now correctly boosts Sunder DCs
  • Removed strange and mysterious "improved sunder DCs" bonus that didn't do anything and was confusing from the Sunder Dinosaur Bone augment
  • Greater Marksmanship now boosts your ranged damage and attack bonus by the correct amount
Engineering Changes:

• Directional Arrows for Hirelings on the map and minimap are now their proper color.
  • The LFM UI is now the default page of the Social Panel. It also now triggers a load for all player data upon opening, which prevents broken LFMs from appearing.
  • There is a new button in the Guild window to send a tell to another member of your guild.
  • You may now search the Adventure Compendium for Epic Level.
  • Melee Attack Bonus, Melee Damage Bonus, Ranged Attack Bonus, and Ranged Damage Bonus now are tracked in the Details(+) Tab in your character sheet.
  • Adjustments have been made to Conquest calculations to make them more accurate and fix some of the remaining outliers.

Last edited:

Eme

still no sign of fists of light healing shield not working properly with double strike being fixed #sigh

SpardaX

still no sign of fists of light healing shield not working properly with double strike being fixed #sigh
The Henshin Mystic light attack that procs an AoE heal of 100 also doesn't work with doublestrike after the "Doublestrikes are now single hits that deal double damage" change. I believe the answer at the time was that
A: It doesn't work because it's not an innate part of an attack and
B: It was strong enough that they decided it was fine as is, and not be changed.

Fist of Light definitely falls under A at the very least. The curse hits the enemy, and then the way I believe it works is you hit the enemy, and the enemy checks how many hits you placed and gives you healing accordingly. Since it's not based on you at all, doublestrike the way it works then (2 actual hits) gave 2 heals but doublestrike the way it works now (1 doubled hit) will only give 1 heal.

As for if it falls under B, well I guess if it isn't getting changed, they probably think it does.

SpardaX

[*]Sacred Fist 12 is now a prerequisite for the feats Epic Martial Arts and Vorpal Strikes

Would it be possible to treat Master or even Grandmaster of Forms as a valid prerequisite also? If not, that's fine.
But more importantly, would it be possible to treat Acolyte's Greater Pact or Ultimate Pact as prerequisite for the Epic Improved Eldritch Blast feat and destiny feat?

Epic Martial Arts and Vorpal strikes would be nice to have on a character that has at least gotten to the level 18 Grandmaster feat. But if you want to keep up in DPS in epics while also wanting to take advantage of the multiclass freedom from Acolyte, those epic eldritch blast feats are kinda required. I am 100% ok with making the level 18 feats the prereq. Give the pure monk or sacred fist or warlocks access for 12 levels, and give multiclass people access only if they really stuck with it and took all of the feats up to 18, seems like a perfectly acceptable trade off to me.

Eme

The Henshin Mystic light attack that procs an AoE heal of 100 also doesn't work with doublestrike after the "Doublestrikes are now single hits that deal double damage" change. I believe the answer at the time was that
A: It doesn't work because it's not an innate part of an attack and
B: It was strong enough that they decided it was fine as is, and not be changed.

Fist of Light definitely falls under A at the very least. The curse hits the enemy, and then the way I believe it works is you hit the enemy, and the enemy checks how many hits you placed and gives you healing accordingly. Since it's not based on you at all, doublestrike the way it works then (2 actual hits) gave 2 heals but doublestrike the way it works now (1 doubled hit) will only give 1 heal.

As for if it falls under B, well I guess if it isn't getting changed, they probably think it does.
was confirmed to be not working as intended and should work double with doublestrike by a dev some time ago when they changed doublestrike, it was just 'tricky to fix' or words to that affect. Currently this bug is in effect a stealth nerf to ~50% of a class's healing ability (barring finishers)

Last edited:

QuantumFX

• Sacred Fist 12 is now a prerequisite for the feats Epic Martial Arts and Vorpal Strikes
Sacred Fist, you say? :D

uJ8xuK4.png

Dvinesword

Still no indication that intimidate is going to be fixed. Can't say I am surprised. It has been broken since update 59 and they have jusr ignored it. I have submitted several tickets, made many forum posts and have brought it several times during the fridays at 4.

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
Yeah, Dryad horses are broken as heck? and so are the shadows in KT. I'm sure plenty of other stuff. But those 2 feel extra broken.

mikarddo

Still no indication that intimidate is going to be fixed. Can't say I am surprised. It has been broken since update 59 and they have jusr ignored it. I have submitted several tickets, made many forum posts and have brought it several times during the fridays at 4.
Could you elaborate? I am not certain how intim is broken atm as you post.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Could you elaborate? I am not certain how intim is broken atm as you post.

My understanding is the extra threat of skill x 200 isn't working from what people have been saying.
  • If the initial Intimidate succeeds, the bonus threat is now Skill x 200. For example, a successful check with a 70 Intimidate would set the character's threat to equal the highest threat plus 14,000 damage worth of threat.

mikarddo

Please make two-handed weapons (Q-staffs, Bows, G-Swords etc) count as TWO items for the sake of set bonusses. E.g., the Isle of Dread set bonus requires 5 items - let a Q-Staff count as TWO of those 5 items please.

Having fewer augments slots and usually fewer effects on a 2h compared to two 1h, is only made worse by two-handers not counting as TWO items for set bonusses.

Thank you.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Please make two-handed weapons (Q-staffs, Bows, G-Swords etc) count as TWO items for the sake of set bonusses. E.g., the Isle of Dread set bonus requires 5 items - let a Q-Staff count as TWO of those 5 items please.

Having fewer augments slots and usually fewer effects on a 2h compared to two 1h, is only made worse by two-handers not counting as TWO items for set bonusses.

Thank you.
Funnily enough I was thinking about this disparity just the other day.

Personally, whilst I don't disagree with the sentiment at all, or even the solution that much, I'd prefer to see THF get a good damage boost to compensate rather than having it count twice for a set. Maybe an extra crit multiple or something.

Just makes the choice between THF an TWF more interesting.

mikarddo

Funnily enough I was thinking about this disparity just the other day.

Personally, whilst I don't disagree with the sentiment at all, or even the solution that much, I'd prefer to see THF get a good damage boost to compensate rather than having it count twice for a set. Maybe an extra crit multiple or something.

Just makes the choice between THF an TWF more interesting.
Two handed items (melee weapons) already get a good damage boost compared to 1h melee weapons. Thats not an issue as far as I am concerned. The issue is with sets.

Scrag

Thank you.
Yes, you can slap between 2 and 3 augs in two 1 handed weapons. You get 2 or 3 augs (frequently just two!!!) in a two handed weapon, and you are done. That is a LOT of augs.

Scrag

Two handed items (melee weapons) already get a good damage boost compared to 1h melee weapons. Thats not an issue as far as I am concerned. The issue is with sets.
It still lacks for damage. You get twice the imbue damage at the very least (twice the sneak attacks? not sure about that). If weapons do procy things, you get twice those too. Things like DWM, coupled with in another weapon legendary dc100 slay livings, or salts, or para.

An example (bad) is primary Ignition, secondary Magmatic Cleaver (handaxe) for all sorts of stupid effects.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Hi Tolero. Please do a better job with documenting known issues in future previews. There are quite a few bugs/issues reported during preview 1 that aren't listed anywhere. I don't appreciate having my time wasted finding out the hard way that something is still broken when I and others took the time to report it in the first preview.