Vecna Unleashed is now available to pre-purchase!

Cordovan

Community Manager

Experience the Thrilling Climax of The Codex of the Infinite Planes Saga​

High amongst the Sharn city of Towers, something sinister is afoot in the halls of Morgrave University. The Codex of the Infinite Planes has escaped to the academy, and with it comes the dark presence of Vecna and his cult. Now with the university's vast collection of rare and powerful artifacts under their control, the destiny of not just Sharn but the entire Eberron plane hangs in the balance. Do you have what it takes to stop Vecna before he claims your universe for his own? Prepare to explore new areas, face perilous enemies, and uncover dark secrets in Vecna Unleashed!

Unleash the power of the Machrotechnic with a new Epic Destiny, battle powerful creatures that have been unleashed amongst the halls, and experience new dungeons that will push you and your group to the limit! The latest Dungeons and Dragons Online expansion, Vecna Unleashed, is available for pre-purchase now! Get immediate access to the new Machrotechnic Epic Destiny with any edition of Vecna Unleashed!

Get some of your Frequently Asked Questions answered on DDO.com: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-vecna-unleashed-purchase-faq

Last edited:

Eelpout

Do you have to purchase the expansion to get the new Monster Manual and Epic Destiny, even if you previously purchased Epic Destiny's and have a VIP account?

Dude

High amongst the Sharn city of Towers, something sinister is afoot in the halls of Morgrave University. The Codex of the Infinite Planes has escaped to the academy, and with it comes the dark presence of Vecna and his cult. Now with the university's vast collection of rare and powerful artifacts under their control, the destiny of not just Sharn but the entire Eberron plane hangs in the balance. Do you have what it takes to stop Vecna before he claims your universe for his own? Prepare to explore new areas, face perilous enemies, and uncover dark secrets in Vecna Unleashed!

Unleash the power of the Machrotechnic with a new Epic Destiny, battle powerful creatures that have been unleashed amongst the halls, and experience new dungeons that will push you and your group to the limit! The latest Dungeons and Dragons Online expansion, Vecna Unleashed, is available for pre-purchase now! Get immediate access to the new Machrotechnic Epic Destiny with any edition of Vecna Unleashed!

Does preoordering have a benefit other than

Other than earlier access, is there a benefit of pre-ordering?

Baahb3

So $80 bucks for +1 AP tomes, because the rest is just fluff. I don't see the value.

I really wish they would have ultimate packs with options other than cosmetics, pets and mounts. I and I know many others just don't care about those items. We would buy the big pack if we found ANY value in them. They have to have a $/Point value tied to these things. Just replace that with useful items and offer it as package Ultimate Option B.

MSC

Trying to purchase, get the purchase can not be completed error every time. Tried each pack, still same error.
bcpaYcv.png

TeamScorpioRI

So $80 bucks for +1 AP tomes, because the rest is just fluff. I don't see the value.

I really wish they would have ultimate packs with options other than cosmetics, pets and mounts. I and I know many others just don't care about those items. We would buy the big pack if we found ANY value in them. They have to have a $/Point value tied to these things. Just replace that with useful items and offer it as package Ultimate Option B.

Bank space is a nice edition, and the teleporters are always awesome. I am still waiting for them to add the Ravenloft teleporter back into the store

The hireling is always welcome, a new sentient jewel could be cool.

The only thing I don't care about is pets. They are useless in the game and do nothing. If they actually had some functionality, then I would get the appeal. Have pets do things like pick up MR's and loot dropped by killing enemies. Have them break barrels like the summoned pets do. Maybe pets give a small (and I do mean small) buff to the owner (each pet would have their own unique buff.. like a +1 to saves, or a 1% HP buff. Something significant but not game breaking).

Lanta_Nan

Apparently an issue with ordering if you have multiple cards registered and want to switch from the default leads to the page that the order can't be completed. I deleted all but one card and was able to purchase ...

But .. while steed and pets were added, along with +10 Shared bank, the character bank slots were not added, nor the tomes. No idea how to get the remaining items unless it will be a vendor you have to talk to in-game like the Isle of Dread was handled.

Epitome

Apparently an issue with ordering if you have multiple cards registered and want to switch from the default leads to the page that the order can't be completed. I deleted all but one card and was able to purchase ...

But .. while steed and pets were added, along with +10 Shared bank, the character bank slots were not added, nor the tomes. No idea how to get the remaining items unless it will be a vendor you have to talk to in-game like the Isle of Dread was handled.
To receive your in-game items, log into the game. Any pets or Mounts will be automatically applied to the Stable tab of your inventory. Your other in-game items can be claimed by speaking with the NPC Makraal, who is located in the Clifftop District of Sharn near the Airship to Morgrave University. Makraal is a Dragonborn. You may speak with Makraal at any time to claim your items.

Belnavar

Wonderful!

A few questions:

1. Why doesn't the store page advertise the VIP 10% discount? That's a major thing you're doing with mini-expansions and should be highlighted every time (especially given that VIP needs more benefits, so why not drive home the benefits it does have).

2. Does this include a new Wilderness? This isn't clear on the store page.

3. Is the Sentient Jewel 1/char or 1/account?

4. How many quests are in the Vecna Unleashed content?

Thanks!

-Bel

CBDunk

So $80 bucks for +1 AP tomes

I really wish they would have ultimate packs with options other than cosmetics, pets and mounts.

Errrr.... they do.

Standard: Quests, Monster Manual 9, Machrotechnic. No cosmetics.
Collector's (+$40): Standard + Heroic Wererat Hireling & Cosmetics
Ultimate (+$40): Collector's + AP tome, Legendary Wererat Hireling, 20 Character Bank slots, 10 Account Bank slots, Teleport & Cosmetics

Like you, I don't care about the cosmetics (and once you have ONE pet/mount/sentient jewel, the different kinds are just cosmetics), and thus wouldn't pay an extra $40 for just a Heroic Wererat Hireling in the Collector's bundle, but there is A LOT more than that in the ultimate bundle. Legendary Wererat basically means you can find every secret door, disarm every trap, and pick every lock in the game. More APs means more builds are viable. Bank slots are ALWAYS in short supply. Teleports cut down on travel times. All good things. More than happy to give the game an extra $80 for the value those add and to keep them in business.

Sylvado

Is there an NPC that we have to talk to for collecting pre-order items?
To receive your in-game items, log into the game. Any pets or Mounts will be automatically applied to the Stable tab of your inventory. Your other in-game items can be claimed by speaking with the NPC Makraal, who is located in the Clifftop District of Sharn near the Airship to Morgrave University. Makraal is a Dragonborn. You may speak with Makraal at any time to claim your items.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
After the horrific Saltmarsh 1 per account Lizardfolk jewel (really SSG, that was so bad, let us get spares); I want to know how the Vaunt Arcane Assistant 2.0 Sentient Jewel is being handled. How many can we get (and how do we get them)?