Vecna Unleashed is now available to pre-purchase!

Owlbear

I disagree. Complaining is the only way for SSG to move and do something. If you really think they're working on the VIP program, I've got a great bridge to sell you. It is clear that they have left the matter in the fridge given the bad reaction to their (very poor) initial proposals.

Instead of treating other posters badly, put pressure on SSG to do their job. They have had more than two years. More than enough time, it's not about rebuilding the game from scratch, it's about giving benefits to a clearly insufficient and obsolete program.
The lead designer of the new VIP program passed away. They need time for someone to take over that work and finish it.
Complaining here on the forums is not putting pressure on SSG to do better... You've been doing that for 2 years now! Speak with your wallet. Stop paying for current VIP if you want them to come with something better.

Lazuli

On a livestream SSG shared a very early draft of what the benefits would be, before the dev working on it passed away.
It's not worth it for me to make an excuse that one of the devs has died, they don't need to do a great engineering work, just give real benefits. But that they think gold rolls are fiscally inefficient says everything about their real intentions: not to give any real benefit, and to hide it behind a curtain of useless nonsense. I repeat, they have had two years.

Lazuli

The lead designer of the new VIP program passed away. They need time for someone to take over that work and finish it.
Complaining here on the forums is not putting pressure on SSG to do better... You've been doing that for 2 years now! Speak with your wallet. Stop paying for current VIP if you want them to come with something better.
A lousy excuse. They don't need to do a big piece of engineering. Giving real benefits should hardly take significant time.

Genkiba

A lousy excuse. They don't need to do a big piece of engineering. Giving real benefits should hardly take significant time.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Reactions: MSC

Lagin

Where am I fanboying? I'm even telling you to just stop paying for VIP if you don't think it's worth it. That doesn't help SSG in any way. I'm just getting tired of all the complaining about how bad the current VIP rewards are. We all know how bad this is already! Complaining about the current system won't get us anywhere since there will be a new VIP program they are working on. SSG will change NOTHING about the current VIP system because of that. So complaining about it is useless... NOTHING will happen until we get the new VIP program. Stop pay for it is all you can do... if you like it or not.
you're defending a company that shoots itself in the foot, releases unfinished or broken updates, and has very selective hearing when it comes to our feedback. I stopped my sub when they stopped the daily gold rolls. (as we are all saddened by the passing of one of the staff) for a company not to make an annoucement of moving forward is ametuer. They have not addressed ther new player experience, telling us our play style causes lag is the latest gaffe. And here you are defending them, I call that a fanboi.

Genkiba

you're defending a company that shoots itself in the foot, releases unfinished or broken updates, and has very selective hearing when it comes to our feedback. I stopped my sub when they stopped the daily gold rolls. (as we are all saddened by the passing of one of the staff) for a company not to make an annoucement of moving forward is ametuer. They have not addressed ther new player experience, telling us our play style causes lag is the latest gaffe. And here you are defending them, I call that a fanboi.
To be fair, most companies nowadays release unfinished or broken material. See PC users and Fallen Order.

At a guess, the VIP stuff is now on the back burner. They are focused more on the new release. We'll see if anything happens after that.

JangoEX

So the launcher now indicates VIPs get 10% off, but that info isn't on the marketplace website nor in the FAQ.
Yeah. I did read all the info and bought the ultimate pack without renewing my VIP before buying.

I'm very angry about it and now I won't renew my VIP for at least three or four months.

morningfrost

To receive your in-game items, log into the game. Any pets or Mounts will be automatically applied to the Stable tab of your inventory. Your other in-game items can be claimed by speaking with the NPC Makraal, who is located in the Clifftop District of Sharn near the Airship to Morgrave University. Makraal is a Dragonborn. You may speak with Makraal at any time to claim your items.
Oh, thanks. This is not said anywhere and I'm still worried because I didn't receive the tome or the bank slots. Will try ASAP.
By the way, this should be written somewhere, I have a ticket open for items not delivered that is now four days old and still no reply.

To SSG: this is not how you handle a presale of a premium bundle: "You don't need to redeem any codes, you may now log into the game to enjoy your purchase", how am I supposed to know I have to talk to an NPC?

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Oh, thanks. This not said anywhere and I'm still worried because I didn't receive the tome or the bank slots. Will try ASAP.
By the way, this should be written somewhere, I have a ticket open for items not delivered that is now four days old and still no reply.

To SSG: this is not how you handle a presale of a premium bundle: "You don't need to redeem any codes, you may now log into the game to enjoy your purchase", how am I supposed to know I have to talk to an NPC?
There is a FAQ at ddo.com about how you can get your items.
I agree with you btw. At least a minimum we should het an ingame mail where the info is about how and where can we get our cosmetics, items, quests, anything.
If SSG just too lazy copy the FAQ's link into the ingame mail. VOILA!!!!

morningfrost

There is a FAQ at ddo.com about how you can get your items.
I agree with you btw. At least a minimum we should het an ingame mail where the info is about how and where can we get our cosmetics, items, quests, anything.
If SSG just too lazy copy the FAQ's link into the ingame mail. VOILA!!!!

With IoD, it was very clear. This time, the confirmation email says quite the opposite:

Your purchase has been successfully applied to your account. You don't need to redeem any codes, you may now log into the game to enjoy your purchase. If you were logged into the game at the time you completed this purchase, you may need to log out of the game and log back in for the changes to apply. Any "once per account" benefits will be applied to the first server and character that you log into.

So I skipped the NPC and didn't even think about it.

Kil

I'm having the same problem. Anyone at SSG care to enlighten us?
I've had countless problems. Isle of Dredd I had to use Paypal. For Vecna I had to delete the CC I'd previously saved and then use Paypal. It's a bad site with terrible feedback.

So basically delete your CC info and use Paypal.

Reactions: DBZ

ACJ97F

We solved the problem. ever since the out-of-class Archetype design to fund store sales, we stopped buying anything.
No further need for messy transaction issues, or dealing with game QOL items bricked in behind "Ultimate" paywalls. )

Genkiba

We solved the problem. ever since the out-of-class Archetype design to fund store sales, we stopped buying anything.
No further need for messy transaction issues, or dealing with game QOL items bricked in behind "Ultimate" paywalls. )
77bd44f2-7a9f-41a8-a596-052de43e8490_text.gif

Reactions: DBZ