Vote for next monster

Eoin

Icewind Dale vs Underdark (or Astal Plane) vs Ravenloft?

Now if the Carrionette unicycle tech could be reused for a bear druid epic moment... 🤔

The Narc

uJ73zqo.jpeg

I'm hoping Carrionette will take us back to Ravenloft.

Race - githyanki/girhzeri

Unique monster - Roper

Classic Monster - Hydra

👍🏻👍🏻

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
intellect devourer only if the devourer can take over another player and turn on friendly-fire.

Kritikal

I guess it depends on the direction the devs are going.

If they plan on adding Psionics or doing more with the Astral Plane and Underdark, then Intellect Devourer.

If they plan on opening up more Ravenloft domains, then Carrionette.

If they plan on more mountainous regions, then Ettins.

On this note, some of these need to be incorporated into currently existing areas/quests.

Ettins could be incorporated the easiest. Add a few caves in Stormhorns, Borderlands, Kings Forest, and definitely the Myth Drannor landscape.

Intellect Devourer could be inserted anywhere Mind Flayers are. Add some expansions to the Underdark, Astral Plane, etc.

Carrionette is a bit more difficult. Ravenloft domains are the perfect location for them, although a Mad Artificer focused on doll creation could be interesting. Just make them different because we wouldn't want to see the same Carrionettes over and over and over, etc...

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I hope if they do consider doing an Ettin, that it will have some right/left side autonomy for animations, actions and dialogue (plus saving throws, etc...) I was kinda lack-luster about an Ettin as my choice, but depending on how they pull it off, it could be a really neat critter!

Last edited:

Smelt

two of the choices are either pointless or party wipers if psionics aren't added. Pointless if protection from evil blocks their psionic abilities and party wipers if it doesn't. Ettins could be good if they are added needing double save fails for mind effecting magics to effect them and they get some or all of the special club attacks suggested by others.

I personally think that there are a lot of other monsters to be added before niche critters like intellect devourers and corrionettes. Such as wyverns, ropers, carrion crawlers, basilisks, cockatrice, silver and gold dragons and duerger to name but a few. and if you are doing more Ravenloft surely Panangalons need to come before carrionattes.

Owlbear

I don't really like any of them... Intellect Devourer of course very popular thanks to BG3 but I have seen to many of them now. Ettin could fit in a lot of current content but that also kinda makes it a boring choice. Design wise only the Carrionette seems like something creative and new. But that would result in needing a newer setting and a lot more new monsters too. A killer toys quest could be fun. Where all toys are trying to murder you. But I'd rather see many other things in DDO.

Blunt Hackett

two of the choices are either pointless or party wipers if psionics aren't added. Pointless if protection from evil blocks their psionic abilities and party wipers if it doesn't. Ettins could be good if they are added needing double save fails for mind effecting magics to effect them and they get some or all of the special club attacks suggested by others.

I personally think that there are a lot of other monsters to be added before niche critters like intellect devourers and corrionettes. Such as wyverns, ropers, carrion crawlers, basilisks, cockatrice, silver and gold dragons and duerger to name but a few. and if you are doing more Ravenloft surely Panangalons need to come before carrionattes.
Yeah, I can't imagine having a Monster Manual full of kills for anything but the ettin.

Your other suggestions are also ones I'd love to see, though we already have 41 different duergar entries in the game: https://ddowiki.com/page/Duergar_sub-race

Solarpower

Design wise only the Carrionette seems like something creative and new. But that would result in needing a newer setting and a lot more new monsters too.
New setting and monsters ? Why ?
Carrionette is what you get when you let Haywire run a toy factory. 😁
Done. 😎

Last edited: