What is the plan for players with more than 156 reaper points?

Airmaiden

I have seen a large amount of players leave this game due to the "nothing more to do to better my toon". Increasing the reaper cap to say 300 Reaper points (approx. 90 million RxP) would at least give them something to do. Even if the points above 156 were cosmetics and a few HP/ RP/MP etc etc, it would give them a never ending carrot to chase.

For example:

2HP/ Point : (inside reaper, only added when player is capped level .....increased to 34/35 when level cap goes up to ensure these added points only effect end game)

1 AC/ 1 RP/ 1 MP/ 2 USP at intervals like 160, 170, 180 etc

At 160 Reaper point (Approx 1.35 million RxP above 156)

8 HP
1 AC/ 1 RP/ 1 MP/ 2 USP

At 180 Reaper point (Approx 8 million RxP above 156)

48 HP
3 AC/ 3 RP/ 3 MP/ 6 USP

At 200 Reaper point (Approx 15 million RxP above 156)

88 HP
5 AC/ 5 RP/ 5 MP/ 10 USP
COSMETIC

Now, I know there will be people saying "Those people do not need anymore power" or "this divides up the player base from those that have and those that don't".......but it might keep those players actually playing DDO.

IMO, we need to keep those people still playing the game at the same time getting new players to join the game (both are needed to keep DDO alive).

Lazuli

And I have seen many players abandon the game because the grind is endless and they can never even get close to the end, or because they feel frustrated by their alts.

An end game with cosmetic rewards would be appreciated, but I doubt that linking them to the reaper system is appropriate. And much more necessary at this point is the implementation of some catch up mechanisms.

Airmaiden

And I have seen many players abandon the game because the grind is endless and they can never even get close to the end, or because they feel frustrated by their alts.

An end game with cosmetic rewards would be appreciated, but I doubt that linking them to the reaper system is appropriate. And much more necessary at this point is the implementation of some catch up mechanisms.
DDO constantly moves the goal posts! Adding new epic Past lives, Racial Past lives etc etc, but for someone that has everything except running say 3 EPL's (this takes 9 days), then done again without a carrot to continue chasing. I have seen new players coming to Sarlona all the time......having fun and enjoying the game (this will continue as long as there are enough new players joining to have their own learning curve / group.
If new players expect to join a 16+ year old game and be on the same power level as someone who has been playing for 16 year, then the System is BROKEN!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'd totally take cosmetic reward system. I've wanted a quarterly reward track system (with various goals of stuff like kill X of Y mob, do 5 raids, do these quest chains, level to 20, etc.) with cosmetic/fun rewards to give things to do on live (as oppposed to HC's reward system).

But I very much want blue (and maybe more colors) reaper wings tied to the reaper reward system too :D

Chacka

Quite some time ago, I requested a hard cap of 156 Reaper APs because I was confident that this question would arise more frequently as more players exceeded 156 APs on their main characters.

I assume that most players don't prioritize so-called 'alts,' especially when starting each alt from scratch.

If there were a hard cap in place, where gaining additional RXP would no longer have any practical purpose, the situation would be clear. However, without such a hard cap, it's understandable that players might start to think there should be some form of reward beyond 156 APs.

In essence, I would expect the developers to recognize this issue on their own, but unfortunately, they haven't taken action, which is quite disappointing.

(Just to mention it, even though I've played the most hardcore seasons and taken some DDO breaks, my 'main' now has 197 Reaper APs. )

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Rather than a straight up 156+ reward they could add a earn X amount of RXP per quarter and get "something something pretty" as a reward. It gives infiinte reaper grind a purpose (well, up until that goal is achieved per quarter) and it also lets those new to reaps able to earn those things right away.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
Here's a fantastic idea! How about the developers introduce Reaper XP decay, much like guild renown. So you need to keep running R10 to keep the points... Perhaps .1% per day. You need to prove you deserve those points! and woe unto those who dare go on holiday.

There! That should make everybody happy! :)

Smokewolf

Dear Devs,

I'm aware there was a proposal to introduce a group buff for players with more than 156 reaper points. Has this idea been set aside?

Do you have plans for additional ways to utilize reaper points beyond 156? Perhaps a new skill tree with minor buffs? Or cosmetic rewards at milestones like 156, 200, 250, and 300 reaper points? (To note, 300 reaper points equate to 90 million reaper xp, representing years of gameplay and significant dedication to DDO.)

Could you share any plans for players who have amassed over 156 reaper points?

Additionally, we'd appreciate knowing if you intend to include such plans in your upcoming agenda.

Thank you.
Far as I know there are plans to expand the trees, but until this happens, you get a cookie!

Contessor

I'm over 156, I don't need more power. I would like some new cosmetics like blue reaper wings and other fun stuff like that.

Edit: those cosmetics don't have to be linked to 156+ in any way, they could just be added to any tier of reaper points. I just want more pretty shiny stuff.
Pretty much this.

Contessor

Far as I know there are plans to expand the trees, but until this happens, you get a cookie!
Its been said numerous times by devs that the current reaper system will not be furthered. The only dicussion was a revamp, which likely will remove the current trees and replace them with party buffs. They know now that was the biggest mistake of adding power to the reaper difficulty.

Darksteel

Could you share any plans for players who have amassed over 156 reaper points?

Additionally, we'd appreciate knowing if you intend to include such plans in your upcoming agenda.

Thank you.
Yes - the plans for players who have 156+ reaper points is to complete reaper-boosted crafting on ALL items every 6 months. Good luck with finding 900 reaper fragments every half a year or whenever you change a gear-set or change class (melee to caster to DC caster etc.). And if you find any easy way like Borderlands, it will be blocked, removed and nuked from orbit so keep it quiet. Always remember - devs are not your friends.

Zuldar

Maybe an option to spend any reaper points beyond 156 in place of fragments. Maybe a 1 point to 5 fragment ratio.

mikarddo

You raced to 156, cool for you. You knew that was the cap. Then you raced for even more still knowing that 156 was the cap, which was your own choice. You could have played a different character instead but decided not to.

I very much dont think they should add more power beyond 156. A cap is a good thing. Adding a textual title for every 50 rp would be fine though and cheap to implement.

Marshal_Lannes

At 156 points, you have won. There is nothing wrong with a game having a conclusion, at least in terms of character progression. No, there should not be further HP rewards after 156. No, there should not be further MP or anything else. Start a new character.

Br4d

First I would like to know what their plan is for the dying state of the alts...

There's no plan. Alts have been underperforming since 2015 at the latest. That's when the number of past lives went from attainable to ridiculous for most players.

I have at least 7 characters with +6 Supreme Tomes and and +4 skill tomes and all but one date back to the days when I really thought I would some day get all of them to acceptable levels in the past life meta. 4 of them have not been touched in a meaningful way since the 2015-2016 changes to level cap, Reaper difficulty and then Racial past lives.

I gave up and stopped spending on DDO at that point.