What's the point of crafting if you can only make the same seemingly random combinations as on looted items?

Jomee

i dont get what you mean?

I can loot a +8 str of repair or i can craft the boots i want of +8 str +3 ins str of ff?

what would you rather do?
Severely limited by item slot. Would love to see it opened up more like the trinket so any item could get any stat.

Br4d

Severely limited by item slot. Would love to see it opened up more like the trinket so any item could get any stat.

I don't mind the limitations of crafting. The rare items that break the rule for what is normally found in a slot are the problem. Not to mention the number of affixes on most of those pieces.

DDO is like a sandbox that the neighborhood dogs drop deposits in. Then we wind up living in a poopy play space.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
What's your top five most needed ingredients?
Was Blister Beetles.. now, not so sure ;)

***Purified Eberron Dragonshards, for sure, after crafting several unbound insightful :( *n having played for a long time, collecting all the while, ingreds aren't exactly the problem..

I was used to the old system n lost much, missing the transfer window.. I appreciate the simplicity of the new sys but it feels more punitive. Yin/Yang?

Last edited:

Hakoist

What's so exciting about Mysterious Ring where you wait until level 11 to craft that slot? On a caster, you're probably better off with a Spinneret and a Feywild ring rather than trying to eek out 2% crit and 10 spellpower (only 2 spellpower delta compared to the Spinneret).
Thanks for the advice.
But sadly I don’t have Spinneret (slave is a long quest to grind) and fey (maybe waiting for a sale).

Instead of the Fey/Slave TR gear, I am doing more like Chrono/Ravenloft/Sand. I am having my electric arti life with Golden Greaves +Mysterious Ring for electric.

So I can craft something I am missing in the gear set like False Life/Persuasion/ins PRR on the ring.

Well I commented what I craft, maybe not optimal :)