What's the point of crafting if you can only make the same seemingly random combinations as on looted items?

Lazuli

Myth Drannor will shake all that up. They are doing something pretty radical in terms of gear. An insane level of customization marrying previous crafting systems to it as well to not make them irrelevant. It's going to change how we play this game completely.
Why the hell are you stating something you have no idea about? Devs haven't said anything about MD, and they probably still have no idea what loot they are going to create for the xpack. It's too soon.

You have a bad habit of stating things that you don't have the slightest knowledge of.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Ideally, crafting would be on par with named loot to give people a different grind to get gear. Good games have a long grind for crafting (as this one does) or a long grind by questing, and they both give equally great gear.
But what you call "the grind" is inherent in the game itself. It's an MMO.

crafting, just like most things in this game needs some serious help.
Not any more. They've already MAJORLY over hauled it. I almost left over it. The sytem is stable n easy. There are just many versions of Crafting n each new expansion seems to birth another. :/

An item with the stats you need is better than even a good named item with stats that you don't really need.
[]
However, I agree with others. It needs an update. It has its uses, but it is dated.
Yes n How does it need to be updated?

If you're a melee, you should head to the crafting hall right away and make a Lv1 True Seeing Goggles and Lv1 Invulnerability Full Plate Armor.
Petrify Stones are my new goto... I have an old, now btc. invulnerability armor I never finished :(

As mention GoMF maybe something that you plan to use later in high end content, crafting absorption items for high end content can also be very useful. I have a few con rings crafted on for leveling containing either a masters gift, death block or vitality, these are great for passing around alts.
I'm busy collecting the Mystic ingredients X)

Yes and no. It would be if we could build the stats in any item slot. But it is not like that. When the slot you have free does not match the stats you want, cannith crafting is useless. If you are lucky and they match, it's useful.

Flexible shards, devs. We need the flexible shads back so that the CC can fulfill its function of filling in gaps.
Is prefix/suffix conundrum. RNG. This is why some 'random loot' is better than crafted. As it should be, IMHO
[]
The Mystical Bands are the most obvious non-drop absent from the loot tables.
Then this should be next crafting "upgrade."

*Variations in items n (and) their prefix/suffix is why I have Astral Shards (AS) from ASE (the AH for those with Astral Shards). There, that should fix it. LOLOL

Last edited:

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Myth Drannor will shake all that up. They are doing something pretty radical in terms of gear. An insane level of customization marrying previous crafting systems to it as well to not make them irrelevant. It's going to change how we play this game completely.
And where did you hear or read this astounding news?

Hakoist

Things I am crafting:
- fearsome armour of invulnerability
- Persuation Google
- lv10 GOMF
- lv11 Mysterious Ring
- lv20 GOMF
- lv32 GOMF

Br4d

Fearsome is really annoying to play unless you like slow fights with running mobs.

Invulnerability stops being worthwhile when the average mob has magic weapons, which is about level 5...

Lazuli

The same, yes, but you can only put (craft) certain prefix/suffix on certain items. Random loot doesn't follow those "rules."
Yes indeed.

The truth is that I believe that you should be able to craft all the random loot combinations. The reward for increasing your crafting and getting the collectibles and purified shards should be being able to make any item. Random loot should be for those who do not have the crafting leveled yet, with the only advantage of being able to obtain higher numbers than the crafting on loot boost days.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Fearsome is really annoying to play unless you like slow fights with running mobs.

Invulnerability stops being worthwhile when the average mob has magic weapons, which is about level 5...
ML1 Fearsome of Invulnerability robes are my go-to with every build until level 5 when I use Feywild gear. Unless it's a kill quest like Butcher's Path, I couldn't care less if a mob runs away because of the Fearsome. And if it happens there, it's still not a big deal.

Things I am crafting:
- Persuation Google
- lv11 Mysterious Ring

Add True Sight on the goggles too to autofind secret doors for that extra XP bonus in some quests.

What's so exciting about Mysterious Ring where you wait until level 11 to craft that slot? On a caster, you're probably better off with a Spinneret and a Feywild ring rather than trying to eek out 2% crit and 10 spellpower (only 2 spellpower delta compared to the Spinneret).

rabidfox

The People's Champion
ML1 Fearsome of Invulnerability robes are my go-to with every build until level 5 when I use Feywild gear.

Add True Sight on the goggles
I run both those too. A good trick these days is to curse blanks and then craft after; some of those curses that are RNG hell and meh at cap are a nice little oomph for me in early heroics.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm

I would think for a ranged/caster toon @ low level, both would be good though. Definitely not for melee..

vryxnr

Why the hell are you stating something you have no idea about? Devs haven't said anything about MD, and they probably still have no idea what loot they are going to create for the xpack. It's too soon.

You have a bad habit of stating things that you don't have the slightest knowledge of.
As far as I can tell, El's "purpose" is to spark conversation. It doesn't matter if it's based on false premises, or inciteful, so long as it makes people post and talk, it's a "win". Which imo is kinda toxic, especially when spreading rumors and false information. Even if one of these made up fantasies end up eventually becoming true, that doesn't change the fact that at the moment it's a falsehood as it's just made up at worst, wishful thinking at best. It's really annoying to watch tbh, and frustrating to deal with... do we as a community ignore him until he gets bored and stops? That can work, but a common way to stop bad ideas is to directly oppose it with good ideas / correct the false information asap, and ignoring him also means the falsehoods remain up for all to see and be fooled by. It's a tough spot to be in.

As for the OP... Cannith Crafting is not random. It's the same types of bonuses as found on random-gen gear, but instead of being subservient to RNG, you can customize each item to be exactly what you want it to be. That is a powerful and useful tool.

nenetteblackmoor

It is no longer possible to create them now, but those who have the old type of Hero's Plate stored in the bank could obtain AC18 at Lv1.

Now it's no longer possible to create.

l_remmie

With old cannith crafting you could make lvl2 planeforged armor of invulnerability. Wearing stuff 20lvls too soon felt pretty OP.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
ML1 Fearsome of Invulnerability robes are my go-to with every build until level 5 when I use Feywild gear. Unless it's a kill quest like Butcher's Path, I couldn't care less if a mob runs away because of the Fearsome. And if it happens there, it's still not a big deal.

Add True Sight on the goggles too to autofind secret doors for that extra XP bonus in some quests.
Fearsome is invaluable when soloing.. like, really soling (no hires or pets.)

Doesn't true sight mess up the "find" bonus though? Something about 'incidental/accidental...'

dur

aka Cybersquirt
[1] The truth is that I believe that you should be able to craft all the random loot combinations. The reward for increasing your crafting and getting the collectibles and [2] purified shards should be being able to make any item. [3] Random loot should be for those who do not have the crafting leveled yet, with the only advantage of being able to obtain higher numbers than the crafting on loot boost days.
bold, [#] mine. 1. There is some merit to that n it would take some guesswork out of the equation.
2. Those large shards are awefully/woefully hard to come by. Agree.
3. Disagree. Crafting is useful for filling holes at ALL levels, even with it's restrictions.

One should never be able to crafted better than named loot (unless we're talking L1 or old L2 items.) Period.