DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Kathwynn

You realize "Option 2" was "Get pissed and wait" (with the implied "while raging on the forums angrily"), right?
Which ever.. Having a sense of humor is better.. So I messed up.. Oh my gods put in front of a bunch kobold shamans as my firing squad..

Episkopos

Lawful Good Never Looked This Evil
Well, I am disappointed I have been unable to play this weekend. Our guild was set to reach Level 100, and it's been a bit of a downer. But I just took a peek outside, and the world is still spinning.

Regarding the outage - I am not interested in speculation from fellow members. With all due respect, that's all we have beyond what has been shared by Cordovan.

Personally, I'd lean towards cutting SSG a break on this one, but I'd like to make a couple points. First, if SSG decides to share the post-mortem, speak plainly or not at all. Second, I hope SSG appreciates the inopportune timing - this outage really had "all the bad feels".

Still, that doesn't mean we can't find the humor in the situation - and perhaps exercise a little lightheartedness by expressing our own. If you want to argue about I.T. infrastructure and unplanned downtime comparisons, there are entire forums on Reddit dedicated towards this nonsense.

And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to
The love you make

Last edited:

Shardrena

Again. Online games do not go down for days at a time with any regularity. It is a freak occurrence and many games have never had even one incident of that happening. This game can barely stay operational. We spend days offline, either by choice because it is too annoying to keep restarting the client or because it is down. People's characters just disappear or their data gets altered. People are terrified to reincarnate because of bugs. The list goes on and on. You think that's normal and OK, well OK. Good for you. I do not.

Also all of you can save your backhanded comments for someone who cares. Have a snicker in your little mean girl club. I really don't care. Your opinions don't mean squat to me.

I ask again, which online games have you played, that you think this is the case? Because with the extensive list of MMOs I've played since 2005, I can attest that they do go down for days at a time, and do so far more regularly then you might want to believe. Final Fantasy XIV for example is known for being barely playable for days to weeks after any major update. As in you can barely log in to play the game. World of Warcraft has also had that track record. City of Heroes had a known track record of constant game crashes and game breaking bugs after any major content update, which could take up to a week to iron out. Often with the hotfixes breaking something else that made the game unplayable.

Balegdah

I ask again, which online games have you played, that you think this is the case? Because with the extensive list of MMOs I've played since 2005, I can attest that they do go down for days at a time, and do so far more regularly then you might want to believe. Final Fantasy XIV for example is known for being barely playable for days to weeks after any major update. As in you can barely log in to play the game. World of Warcraft has also had that track record. City of Heroes had a known track record of constant game crashes and game breaking bugs after any major content update, which could take up to a week to iron out. Often with the hotfixes breaking something else that made the game unplayable.
yep, ive jumped back into city of heros for now- great game

Justfungus

OK, server stuff broke, going to take time to fix it.
NOTHING posted here will make that happen faster.
I am pretty sure SSG is trying to fix it because they like making money.
Am pretty sure Cordovan ... could ... send out an email to current players when the server is back up.
Let's call it an evening.

liosliante

Why don't you talk on Twitter or somewhere else. There is no logic to the subject of this thread... Sorry to said this.

Shardrena

Why don't you talk on Twitter or somewhere else. There is no logic to the subject of this thread... Sorry to said this.

Because while I have a Twitter account, I don't use it. I mostly set the dang thing up back when Borderlands 2 came out to snag chest key codes from Gearbox that were regularly being posted on Twitter. Micro-blogging or following other people micro-blogging isn't really my thing.

Toede

It's fine. I'm done with this argument anyway. I never meant to get into it in the first place. But trolls be trolls and I'm a fool who fell for it.

Please Cordovan, close this thread now. We know your team is working to fix it... This thread is getting out of control.
55 pages seems too full of jokes, and things that don't make sense to me.
If the thread is bothering you ignore it. The server will eventually come back up, and people will get bored of the semantic nonsense debate about how big of an issue this is or isn't.

liosliante

Because while I have a Twitter account, I don't use it. I mostly set the dang thing up back when Borderlands 2 came out to snag chest key codes from Gearbox that were regularly being posted on Twitter. Micro-blogging or following other people micro-blogging isn't really my thing.
Do what you want but I'm right. This thread is only to indicate that the game is not available. I don't understand why they don't close it. People keep speculating, criticizing, it's not cool.

Kimbere

SSG often under communicates compared to what players want, but in this case Cordo is off on a road trip (holiday weekend) and pulling over to post updates about the work going for DDO/LOTRO (this was over on LOTRO's forums).
qI6rFTz.png
Makes you wander why Tolero, Severlin or another executives/management team member couldn't be bothered to step in and help Cordovan provide updates to their customers, doesn't it?

Kimbere

Not really. You hire a communication person to do that work; that's pretty typical for companies.
I get that it's primarily Cordovan's job, but my point is that SSG has been in a complete outage situation for 48+ hours.

That's beyond the pale of the normal day to day communications with the community. Even more so since Cordovan is traveling.

From a team culture and customer relations standpoint, it seems odd to me that nobody else has stepped in to help the guy.