Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

healertank

Funny, I have one mule for this specific purpose, holding all my high XP gems. So I guess that their preference is moot. Also, why should they give a frack if we hold on to them or not, as long as we are playing the friggin game to get them? I think it's about time they look at player preferences instead of their own for a change.
yep also have a mule just for exp gems.

healertank

Unpopular opinion...

VIP will now have amazing benefits over time including:
  • +10% XP (Sometimes this is increased to +25%)
  • Skip 1 Quest per Saga (HUGE VALUE especially while leveling)
  • 40 Shared Bank slots (30 for the Shared Bank Vault + 10 additional from new VIP program)
  • 8 Extra Character Slots (6 standard + 2 additional from the new VIP program)
    • Each of these characters can be used as bank toons and come with inventory + bank slots expanding storage
  • 6,500 DDO points each year (enough for an ottos)
  • +10% item durability
  • +10% faster movement speed in public spaces
  • +1% named loot drop chance (Cordovan implied this could increase in the future as well.)
  • Weekly free gold roll (15 AS worth of gold roll per week = 780 AS value each year)
  • Exclusive Lightning Trail Cosmetic effect + Exclusive Cosmetic Mount
  • +10% crafting XP and Crafting Material Tokens for your choice of collectibles
  • Ability to swap spells unlimitedly
  • A number of consumable items PLUS other benefits such as auction limit, gold storage, etc.

Put another way... if SSG released a Supporter Pack that included 10 Storage Slots, a new cosmetic mount, a new cosmetic effect, 3 raid bypass timers, a +20 heart, a 12 hour sov pot, a 12 hour discovery pot, 500 ddo store points, 2 character slots and a pot for +10% crafting xp would I pay $99 for it? For me- the answer is YES! And for the same price I get all the benefits of VIP that I already enjoy today.
Would you pay for it then wait a year to get it all? And then if you don't keep paying each month you don't get to keep hardly anything you paid for?

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Or they just say... we were going to lower drop rates 1% but then add in 1% for vip... but too much work so we did neither. But then never tell players because who can even tell if it changes.
Hmm, yeah...

1%... I mean sure, higher drop rate is good, but how would we ever now if it's actually applying or not? With bonus days regularly not being applied, I don't feel 100% confident that this bonus will (always) work... and there'd be no real way to check, apart from keeping a spreadsheet for a few thousand chest openings...

woq

It's quite telling about the level of trust people have when one of the biggest and most common complaints about that particular reward is that we can not reasonably test it ourselves...

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Decided to put my money where my mouth is and cancelled my sub. I still cant understand why SSG would celebrate 50 years of D&D more than they would celebrate/reward the people who keep the hamsters fed, but alas. Maybe Im not supposed to understand.

The only thing that might make me resub is a) more improvements to this so-called VIP package, or b) a way is introduced to get the lightning trail and storm cloud mount up front. We shall see, my opinion is not valued because I am/was only a paying VIP.

Time to grind some FREE store points!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It's quite telling about the level of trust people have when one of the biggest and most common complaints about that particular reward is that we can not reasonably test it ourselves...
I've previous asked that they put a visible die roll for named items when we loot a chest & on AS rerolls (not needed for other extra items like artifacts/etc. that aren't part of the named item roll - well I suppose some folks might want those, but that would be a lot of data being shoved on the screen). Imagine the highs and lows of rolling a 35 out of 100 on an R1 and being so close...

We had really bad inflation here in the EU the last years. Prices for DDO points and VIP stayed as they were. I don't feel I lost any value tbh. And since I'm subscribed either way when I'm playing, this is just more stuff for me. So that's great.
Comparatively speaking i agree with you. I started VIP recently too. Was easier sell to my wife.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I've previous asked that they put a visible die roll for named items when we loot a chest & on AS rerolls (not needed for other extra items like artifacts/etc. that aren't part of the named item roll - well I suppose some folks might want those, but that would be a lot of data being shoved on the screen). Imagine the highs and lows of rolling a 35 out of 100 on an R1 and being so close...
I think part of the reason for not providing such numbers, is that is can positively and negatively affect a players (mental) attitude towards the game (and or themselves) unnecessarily.

After all, a player who is currently under a hot streak wouldn't care about the rolled (RNG high) number and may even get a high about having luck on their side. However, someone on the opposite side would take immediate offence over the matter, especially if they are on a cold streak and it becomes very easy to track their "losses" since the information is provided. And, players being players, not understanding how RNG can troll you hard, gets upset.

Whilst if you do not provide such numbers, players can continue without this "fact" eating at them.

I can certainly see where and why it would be useful to have, but in the hands of players so easily, I would say is more trouble than it is worth.

J1NG

Comparatively speaking i agree with you. I started VIP recently too. Was easier sell to my wife.
And
We had really bad inflation here in the EU the last years. Prices for DDO points and VIP stayed as they were. I don't feel I lost any value tbh. And since I'm subscribed either way when I'm playing, this is just more stuff for me. So that's great.
Also as voenixa121 stated about inflation, i am sure that Standing Stone has faced these same preasures to and have not increased their subscription pricing. I still think that there is a lot of meh being offered, but i have soften my view and will give them a pass on this as I value VIP and the game more than the meh being offered. My perspctive has changed

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I think part of the reason for not providing such numbers, is that is can positively and negatively affect a players (mental) attitude towards the game (and or themselves) unnecessarily.

After all, a player who is currently under a hot streak wouldn't care about the rolled (RNG high) number and may even get a high about having luck on their side. However, someone on the opposite side would take immediate offence over the matter, especially if they are on a cold streak and it becomes very easy to track their "losses" since the information is provided. And, players being players, not understanding how RNG can troll you hard, gets upset.

Whilst if you do not provide such numbers, players can continue without this "fact" eating at them.

I can certainly see where and why it would be useful to have, but in the hands of players so easily, I would say is more trouble than it is worth.

J1NG
At the least, they should put it on lam. So players can confidently see results for those few days. Or just have it an opt in toggle on live. Catastrophe and the new quests had wrong loot rates in heroic elite; so wanting tools to verify if loot is dropping correctly on the players side feels reasonable to me. I know lots of people that don't trust the drop rates on certain quests like epic Chains of Flame (vs heroic), etc.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
At the least, they should put it on lam. So players can confidently see results for those few days.

The issue with this idea is... When drop rates get altered between Lam and Live... Then it would not have served any decent purpose, and drop rates (and other adjustments) do happen between Lam and Live. :confused:

Or just have it an opt in toggle on live. Catastrophe and the new quests had wrong loot rates in heroic elite; so wanting tools to verify if loot is dropping correctly on the players side feels reasonable to me. I know lots of people that don't trust the drop rates on certain quests like epic Chains of Flame (vs heroic), etc.

A toggle, basically means it's available in game and no player will want to leave that off ever (there's no advantage to leaving it off or opting out). Which leads back to the mental health of the player at hand when in a cold streak. There are players who understand and get the "math" about drops and hence in cold or hot streaks, it doesn't hamper them, but many players unfortunately are not so well versed, and I have the feeling that it'll only lead to poor mental health for those players by making it available when they see the numbers seemingly stack against them.

Likely a different route will be needed, as it would be useful overall to have, but I don't think general availability to all players who want it would be the right way to go about it. But I am unsure what would be a better approach at this time.

J1NG

Reactions: DBZ

Kritikal

Meh...

$99 for a mount that you'll get in 12 months, considering you log in and see someone in the Hall of Heroes every month (for 12 months).

The question is, "Do I need a Cloud Mount (to surf on) for $99 and a 12 month time investment?"

Better to just front load the rewards as soon as someone forks over the sub amount.
If someone subs for a year - they get all rewards up front.
If someone subs for 6 months - they get the first 6 months up front; upon 6 month renewal, the next 6.
If someone subs for 3 months - they get the first 3 up front; upon 3 month renewal, the next 3; etc. etc.
If someone subs monthly - they get the 1st monthly perk; upon renewal, etc. etc.

As it is now, I'll say it again "Meh..."

Zuldar

The issue with this idea is... When drop rates get altered between Lam and Live... Then it would not have served any decent purpose, and drop rates (and other adjustments) do happen between Lam and Live. :confused:

A toggle, basically means it's available in game and no player will want to leave that off ever (there's no advantage to leaving it off or opting out). Which leads back to the mental health of the player at hand when in a cold streak. There are players who understand and get the "math" about drops and hence in cold or hot streaks, it doesn't hamper them, but many players unfortunately are not so well versed, and I have the feeling that it'll only lead to poor mental health for those players by making it available when they see the numbers seemingly stack against them.

Likely a different route will be needed, as it would be useful overall to have, but I don't think general availability to all players who want it would be the right way to go about it. But I am unsure what would be a better approach at this time.

J1NG
Maybe a better option than not giving info would be to have a system in place to prevent prolonged cold streaks to begin with. Like a stacking bonus to the roll until you get a named item. It's not like a player won't be able to notice a cold streak anyway even without the info.

Ahpuch

J1NG
Doesn't this already happen with people getting streaks of no named items. I don't think getting the actual number should really make it any worse. Is there any research to show that for mental health it is better to see
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing

Is it really any worse than

When you need a 70 or better to get an item?

There will be upset people in either case but at least in the latter there is a chance to confirm that the results are not due to broken code. I am not saying you're wrong but I would want to know that everyone is giving up value data for an actual reason rather than just vague concerns.

Ahpuch

Maybe a better option than not giving info would be to have a system in place to prevent prolonged cold streaks to begin with. Like a stacking bonus to the roll until you get a named item. It's not like a player won't be able to notice a cold streak anyway even without the info.
Like raid runes. Just add them in for expansion pack quest loot. They already give us the mats in these expansions anyway so add the loot to the barter boxes. Let players use them to get the loot with enough items.

seph1roth5

Like people have mentioned, VIP feels like it has lost so much in the past few years. I forgot to even mention REGULAR expansions. There is so little content that VIPs are getting for their $$. Before ravenloft it used to be lots and lots of packs, with spread out xpacs. Now they have an awful routine of xpac, mini xpac, xpac, mini xpac.

Deathbringer

Grim Lord of the Dead + Since 2010 +

That's a great idea, I hope they implement this! 🙏

dur

aka Cybersquirt
People who would pay $99 for that are already VIP.
If you already think VIP is worth the money it's obvious that you will find the new offer better.

The problem is that for players who don't find VIP to be worth it it's very hard to see how the new offer would tip the scale.
There's another problem, and another one after that: Problem #1 Some VIP's have been so for a VERY LONG TIME (17+ years.) This is like the offers we see on TV/Inet, for New Customers Only. It feels like *****. It does not promote "loyalty." Problem #2: What better offer? Another MMO? :ROFLMAO:

Discount on expansions is definitely missing.
:ROFLMAO: Expansions are where their USD must come from. Why else churn it out at (imo) a furious pace?

Agree with this completely, the VIP program is completely for those that are and will remain VIP’s.

[]

Mic Drop
:ROFLMAO: What?! Are you being serious? :ROFLMAO: Major demo points.

Please SSG, change the way the rewards are implemented - let players claim them as they earn them at any time, dont force us to talk to an NPC or lose our rewards. The dragon year stuff is already annoying enough.
+1

Last edited: