The 8th Season of the Hardcore League begins May 17th!

The Narc

Or, dare I say, a flying dragon to stay on theme.
Could you imagine, a flying dragon for encounter areas, make it super fast and can just launch up fly over all the mobs in encounter areas with no danger alert and land at the quest entrances in mere seconds. That has value, otherwise it will be grind out the bare minimums to get the cheesy rewards and get back to normal play.

Dragon Knight

Old Timer
*My Guess* - Season 8 is about a secretive but powerful dragon organization known as 'The Chamber'
I have not run all the older quests in a while, but wasn't there one where if you looked way up, I think towards end of quest (?) you could see all the named dragons sitting there looking down at you?? dang if I can remember.. lol.

Sheikra

Thumbs down on the +4 level lockout. Still holding out for another +2 season or even a +0 someday. But alas, I know people are too scared, and thus the chances are low :(

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
I would like the +4 level lockout on the first life and +2 on second life, or other way around as some kind of reward for reincarnating.

The Narc

Thumbs down on the +4 level lockout. Still holding out for another +2 season or even a +0 someday. But alas, I know people are too scared, and thus the chances are low :(
+0 is the standard for Mortal Voyage Permadeath where I play mostly on Argo, lol with no buffs and no hires and no twinking and no purchases. It poses a good challenge, certainly more than any hardcore season, i have even started running in Mortal Voyage with no gear on for an extra challenge.

Hardcore is really more or less softcore with pay to win mechanics for easier advancement. I pride myself in not spending a single penny after hardcore 1(only spent in hardcore 1 for a ship). i run in two guilds in hardcore one public that has buffs in order to run with new people and help and share with them(and of course banter with the public about all the hack streamers that play hardcore). The other guild is run privately with nothing store bought as far as guilds go and we run 90% of the quests run on reaper right from the get go. As easy as that is, it is nowhere as easy as running reaper dailies at cap with store bought xp pots, that is where 90% of those that are Guy Smilies and Rim Stoms get there rewards. The level cap being changed will have zero effect on the end results, the easy path will continue to be taken.

I would say get rid of the store bought xp pots, but we all know that would never happen for hardcore. Honestly i am truly surprised that they have not raised the amount of reaper xp required for the 2nd reward, the whales would have to buy sooo many more xp pots!!

The Narc

Dragon mount plsthx.
Could you imagine, a flying dragon for encounter areas, make it super fast and can just launch up fly over all the mobs in encounter areas with no danger alert and land at the quest entrances in mere seconds. That has value, otherwise it will be grind out the bare minimums to get the cheesy rewards and get back to normal play.
I concur greysidious, have them work as above and make sure they are super fast!

WargamerIV

An error in the announcement I noticed (at least based on previous seasons it is an error.

"When you die, you will lose your spot on the leaderboards for that character, but you will not lose access to any Milestones that you may have earned with that particular character."

If you die before you claim your reward you won''t be able to claim the reward later, so be sure to claim your rewards as soon as you can so you don't die and lose them.

The Narc

am thinking perhaps little pseudodragons popping up/out like the hunt hounds??
Yes and it is immune to all crowd control and if it hits you, you get anchored and are unable to use any form of teleport or word of recall. I would love to see them prevent all forms of escape in hardcore in general, make hardcore into hardcore.

Kimbere

Expect very little to be spoiled by us before we go live this season.
Given the investment of time and the opportunity cost to character progression on live required to reach the higher tier rewards, expect very little time and DDO points to be put into this season by me if you're not previewing the rewards at the beginning.

Obviously, it's entirely SSG's perogative, but I'm not investing the time and resources only to find out a few weeks into it that I'm not interested in the rewards. For all we know, aside from a cloak having the next roman numeral on it, the rewards could just be re-hashed from a previous HCL season.

Last edited: