The 8th Season of the Hardcore League begins May 17th!

Eelpout

If the rewards are directly tied to the theme, it makes it difficult to show the rewards without spoiling the theme. Just a thought

The Narc

Maybe they could release information regarding the level cap for quests, whether it be +4, +2 or at level +0. That way folks can atleast start preparing their build for the upcoming season and people that have static groups can start planning together and build their excitement. Just a suggestion!

Wont matter to me, i will use the build that i run in Mortal Voyage Permadeath gearless with a +0 level cap that can be adjusted only by reaper skulls. ;)

Reactions: nix

Bunker

No offense, but this is a really bad way to go about a hardcore season.

Many players who do hardcore like to make groups with their friends, and all of those friends want to know if they should waste their time or not. Some people need to plan their real life time out ahead of time.

This really isn't a fair way to treat players for this type of event. For many, it's going to be a hard pass if there's too many unknowns, and the only ones that lose out is SSG.
The whole point of changes between each HC season is to mix it up, and have new surprises, new challenges, and new rewards for the players.

If you want to know everything about the challenge before it starts, there is always the regular servers. No surprises, just the way you like it.

It is called Hardcore, not "soft , please hand me my participation trophy, core"

Where is everyone's sense of adventure, and excitement for a challenge?

My favorite part is the comment about not wanting to waste time. Playing video games in its entirety is a waste of time. Hello!?!?

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
No offense, but this is a really bad way to go about a hardcore season.

Many players who do hardcore like to make groups with their friends, and all of those friends want to know if they should waste their time or not. Some people need to plan their real life time out ahead of time.

This really isn't a fair way to treat players for this type of event. For many, it's going to be a hard pass if there's too many unknowns, and the only ones that lose out is SSG.
Give it a few days after the server opens and the wiki should have enough information for you to make that judgement yourself.

The challenges being a mystery isn't the problem. Not knowing what the end-goal rewards are, is the problem.

Well, you can see the cloak and sash cosmetics in the image up at the top, and the previous seasons have generally also included one pet, one mount, and a unique cosmetic item/feat, so we can probably extrapolate from that.

Some people tear through the rewards lists anyway, so it should be public knowledge pretty soon, even if the section on the Hardcore post for Season 8 rewards is never updated (and the way it's written heavily implies it will be.)

Last edited:

Hawk

Whats the point in keeping the rewards a mystery then, if it'll be on the wiki a few days after?

If you want to know everything about the challenge before it starts, there is always the regular servers. No surprises, just the way you like it.

It is called Hardcore, not "soft , please hand me my participation trophy, core"

My favorite part is the comment about not wanting to waste time. Playing video games in its entirety is a waste of time. Hello!?!?

My favorite part of this comment, is how condescending it is. I simply offered my opinions to the devs (not you), and now you're saying I'm a terrible player who needs to be handed hardcore rewards for free? I've done hardcore before, with 0 deaths to 5000 favor (with hounds also) and more.

This has nothing to do with being handed rewards... or the game mechanics (like I said before if you actually read.)

I've heard MANY players in game say the exact same thing as me, but they just don't want to deal with fanbois chastising them on these forums (go figure, right?) Most players actually want to know if the rewards will be worth their time or not before planning real life time. Like I said the first time, this only hurts SSG in the end. The playerbase already seems low enough.

xaktakorf

Yes! Another HC season. I find the base game kinda flat to play these days, but hardcore? OMG yes!
I started VIP'ing for the duration of the Leagues, mostly for the Elite unlock, which is worth every penny.
Personally I could not care less about the rewards. Its the experience of playing and the hilarious deaths that make me and the boys come back for this. We dont make it to 20 most of the leagues, but we have FUN!
Would be nice though, if you could somehow bank pastlife(s) if you actually make to 20/cap, so you could bring that leveling time investment back to the normal servers. Might actually make me play normal servers again.

Bunker

Whats the point in keeping the rewards a mystery then, if it'll be on the wiki a few days after?

My favorite part of this comment, is how condescending it is. I simply offered my opinions to the devs (not you), and now you're saying I'm a terrible player who needs to be handed hardcore rewards for free? I've done hardcore before, with 0 deaths to 5000 favor (with hounds also) and more.

This has nothing to do with being handed rewards... or the game mechanics (like I said before if you actually read.)

I've heard MANY players in game say the exact same thing as me, but they just don't want to deal with fanbois chastising them on these forums (go figure, right?) Most players actually want to know if the rewards will be worth their time or not before planning real life time. Like I said the first time, this only hurts SSG in the end. The playerbase already seems low enough.
When you offer opinions on an open forum, you are automatically offering them to everyone.

Are you a terrible player? Did I say that? Best double-check. Now if you are insinuating that you feel that way, but you also state you made it to 5k on season VI.....I think we will need a screen shot of your character with the butterfly wings at this point. I mean, which is it? Are you a terrible player or not? I think a screenshot could clear this all up. :)

I agree, my first post in this thread is a little spicy. However, not everyone is going to agree with your assessment on how you think the release of HC VIII is handled.

Enjoy and see you in game. If you want to see me in action, I will be the Loose Cannon on the HC server zerging haphazardly through all the content.

Sylvado

I agree with letting some thing be discovered and the rewards may be tied to the challenges so stating them might be a spoiler for the challenge. However, could we know the conditions in advance such as +2, +3, +4?

MarkTatsu

He is following the examples set by the devs.

I for one have a job. All of my friends have jobs. Hardcore is a time investment. It's bad enough that ssg springs this stuff on us with less than two weeks warning. Getting vacation is impossible, so I have to do trades and cover other people some days or use my sick time to make time to play.

As expressed before, showing us the mechanics is spoiling the fun. Showing the rewards would just let us decide if we want to go through the effort or not.

The fact that cordovan is being snarky is a problem. If you can't say due to higher ups. Cool, say that. Any comment about "it's good I swear" is pointless. It's your opinion and since you work for the company and can't bash it. Would you really be able to tell us if it was bad?

MarkTatsu

I agree with letting some thing be discovered and the rewards may be tied to the challenges so stating them might be a spoiler for the challenge. However, could we know the conditions in advance such as +2, +3, +4?
How praytell could the rewards spoil the mechanics? We already know it's treasure and dragons from what they released. All we would know is what we already know... Unless it's like a bait and switch and it's hounds again or something

Spook

Fix the lag first before opening Hardcore - I played on Wayfinder last night on a brand new iconic and it was unplayable - this morning was better but you can no longer blame the players causing lag via aggroing too many mobs when I played on the least populated server on a brand new toon on casual (i was testing something) 1 day after a server restart

Mr Blue

March 2006
I really don't like this super secret rewards stuff. I can't figure out if I am going to play this season and therefor can't bug my friends that only play DDO for HC if we get to play together.

Lowya

What if its easy like that that every dungeon has a timer that starts ticking down once you entered. The quest must be completed within this time that you have been given or a dragon will spawn and burn the endchest to ashes, leaving you with nothing to loot :)

Merovinjio

iu

TIC TOC TIC TOC
FIVE DAYS...

Cordovan

Community Manager
The answer is +2 for the level lockout, or effective level on Elite.