Update 63 Preview 2: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malex

the thing is, everybody alread has their primary stat AND constitution way higher than +6.
Assuming you wish to get higher saves (I cannot thing of other reasons to get it), you could easly get 2 way higher colorless instead of thing. Why would a wizard care for having the bonus to cha and str? etc etc (and this is assuming you did not take any feat that switch your save to your primary stat. In which case you really only need one augment for the one save..)
So, cool concept but unused in practice

As for the force one, I think the meridian fragment is way better suited for the single orange slot available to basically to any non weapon dual wielder. Cool augment I guess but probably will never use. Who needs an implement, generally already has it, and as force spell power, you can get it in a yellow slot, which is way easier to fit in you miriad of augment slots

Spook

To be clear, that is not what we want.
This type of stubbornness is why we end up with raid items with affects that are worse than on normal gear (see Masterwork Gauntlet )

You need to decide who you are designing these items for - I thought these "challenge quests" were aimed at providing challenge to end game players - these players will min-max so a greater reinforced fists augment is totally useless as is +6 stats

The feedback from preview 1 was mostly well itemised but wouldnt be used in current gearsets that has not changed.

droid327

Yeah I think the issue is attributes are either important, or dump. If they're important, then you want a dedicated full-power augment. If they're dump, then +6 really doesn't do any good.

The game just doesn't incentivize pumping fourth fifth sixth stats "just because". E.g., +6 str int wis on my cha pal will net me...+3 will save. 6 str dex wis cha on my ek pm inqui is...+3 will save

I get the feeling most builds, it'll boil down to just +3 will or reflex

CBDunk

This type of stubbornness is why we end up with raid items with affects that are worse than on normal gear (see Masterwork Gauntlet )

I believe it was clarification, not stubbornness.

Someone thought the new 'Globe of Cursed Blood' might be meant as a 'successor to the Globe of TRUE Imperial Blood' (i.e. exceptional bonus). SteelStar was simply clarifying that was not the intent... rather that they were going for something more like the Globe of Imperial Blood (i.e. enhancement bonus).

Whether that is something which is likely to get much use is a separate question. I agree that it seems unlikely.

Let's say I'm down to one open clear augment slot on an endgame build. I've already got way over +6 to Con, my primary attack stat, and anything else I really need. MAYBE I want to boost one of my saves... but then I'd put a +14 Dex or Wis augment in before I would a +6. The likelihood of there being TWO or more stats that I haven't already got higher than a +6 enhancement bonus on at endgame AND that could actually provide some tangible benefit seems very remote.

Fisto Mk I

That would be a bit busted, 6 is far too low as an enhancement, but would be far too high as quality or profane (current max of +3).

If it was changed to Insightful, that would be worth it without being too busted (imo)
^^^
This.
+6 quality is a genuinely awful idea considering the standard maximum for a quality bonus is +3, it'd invalidate every item with quality ability score.
I'd be happier with a much lower bonus but in a harder to attain stat like exceptional or alchemical.
+2 Exceptional or +1 Alchemical must be good.
So, everyone agrees that Quality is too much, but would be nice keep the +6 to all stat if it is exceptional (like an upgraded True Globe of Imperial Blood) or an Alchemical that is pretty niche.
Lolwut? Seriously? Too fat and too green, pal! 🤣
Changing the numbers and (especially) the typing here would defeat that purpose.
Then here no way this item be used anyone. Waste dev times, waste player expectations. SSG already have bad PR, don't do it worse.
To be clear, that is not what we want.
It what we want.
Option 1.: Lower the stat values to 12 (going lower than that doesnt make sense either)
Option 2.: +6 inightful bonus would be nice
11 or mebbe 10 can be enough good.
5 insightful bonus to all stat or +6 to one stat really good too.
Separate ML32 +6 insightful stat augments would be very welcomed instead of Globe of Cursed Blood.
^^^^^^^
This again!

Matuse

A +10 enhancement to all stats would at least see SOME people using it. Nobody will use it at +6. If you have a spare colorless slot, you'd much rather plus in a +12 to one stat that makes a difference. For +6 you may as well just carry a potion for the +4 and save an augment slot. 1 point of bonus in an off-off-off broadway stat won't matter.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Too fat and too green, pal!
Meh... go big or go home. Let them dwell about it and meet in the middle.

+6 enhancement on a Lv. 30 augment is a waste of devs time and few people will use it. Like my partner (great poker gamer) says "Bait high and let people compromise half way".

We already have +5 insightful augments at Lv. 24; +6 insightful itens at Lv. 26 and 29; Why would someone use +6 all enhencement at Lv. 30? A +4 or +6 all insightfull or exceptional isn't that greed IMO.

Last edited:

Kimbere

Do you typically equip an Enhancement Bonus item for your lowest stat? If not, the current Augment would do almost the same thing for that stat and potentially more.
You think people running optimized builds care about their dump stats? This aug is basically a newbie trap.

Most optimized builds favor 2-3 stats as primary. A small portion may possibly get a measurable benefit from boosting 4 stats. For those, they'll already be getting bonuses to those from end-game gear or the +14 single-stat augs.

Rather than burn an aug slot adding +6 to their 4th/5th/6th stats, almost everyone would be better served by slotting a +14 stat aug for their next most useful stat or a useful, non-stat aug.

Last edited:

Thar

The Globe of Cursed Blood is indeed a spiritual successor to the Globe of Imperial Blood.

Its intent is to take one Colorless (or otherwise unused) Augment Slot and let you slot in something that improves ALL of the Ability Scores you weren't otherwise upgrading with specific gear or Augments. It is intentionally lower-valued than equipping a full piece of gear at that level, as you're getting multiple score boosts in one Slot. It is not intended to boost power in the things you were already focusing on.

Changing the numbers and (especially) the typing here would defeat that purpose.
so in effect if it doesn't stack then

main stat = no effect as you would have higher
con = no effect as you would have higher
3rd stat (if you have one slotted like dex for pally tank or a little str for a caster so you are not encumbered = no effect as you would have higher at 30
4th-6th stat - likely saves you don't care about as totals are too low to matter at end game - +6 will only provide +3 save in perhaps 1-2 off saves, +3 perhaps in some skills if not captured above. maybe +3 ac (dex), +3 damage, +3 to hit, or such on a build that doesn't care about that as the total would be too low to really make a difference or it's melee for a caster build and isn't used. none of the above would matter on an end game build that isn't building towards those benefits.

in summary it's too low to bother with. this is the reason the heroic blood augment that is +3 (non stacking with stat gear) isn't used or wanted.

please spend time building stuff that's at least semi useful.

seph1roth5

I see what you're trying to do with the globe, but I agree with other people that +6 is a bit too low for cap. Now if that were a lv 20 augment maybe, but at lv 32 I'd really like a +10 to all stats. It's equivalent to lv 20 gear, so most people aren't going to have their important stats that low. But, what it's basically for is a little boost to skills really. Maybe tiny boost to saves.

tsotate

If the Globe of Cursed Blood is put in the game as-is, please make named augments consumable for sentient xp, so it can have a use.

Edit: The other three each have a niche (although they're not likely to actually end up filling that niche because of the strange decision to make all the named augments bound for the last couple of years), but this would give them all some lasting value.

Last edited:

DeathTitan

ScreenShot_2023-10-24_152135_0.png

Help me understand in what circumstances a player would want +6 to all stats at level 30. Because I can't figure out a single scenario where it's desired. Separate ML32 +6 insightful stat augments would be very welcomed instead of Globe of Cursed Blood.
please can you tell me if those 4 are the only new augments released in this expansion?

Vox

Steelstar, many have already asked for spell lore & insightful spell power augs. Please add these into the game.

Striga

Globe of Cursed Blood. Extremely weak. I'd use it if it was ML15. Just a reminder: +4 ability is available at level 1 (potions). +6 at level 5 (ioun stones). Why create a spiritual successor to a bad, unsuccessful and unused augment?

Facet of Psionic Intrusion: why are these named augments and not simply classical Rubies of XY Spell Power?

Facet of Condensed Power: okay I guess.

Monk one: don't know, don't play monks

festasha

The cursed blood would seem to be a waste of a slot, the only thing to maybe not beef up stats that might tempt some people to slot it could possibly be add a masters gift effect and even then I don't think it would appeal to everyone. Not sure of the understanding why the devs would agree that +6 to a stat at level 30 would excite anyone as there have been many great augs added that would take superiority.
The power store gem is a nice addition.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Do you typically equip an Enhancement Bonus item for your lowest stat? If not, the current Augment would do almost the same thing for that stat and potentially more.
If devs have already synchronized the augment system and item stats to Cannith Crafting levels many many updates ago, why do they keep forgetting it when they creating new content? Why they think an ML10 value augment will be used at cap?
Cannith Crafting values should be the base by default and only need to modify it not to be useless or too OP (depending on the item's attributes)

Just an example:
My build is Int based.
Int: I have a Dino Belt Artifact: +15 Enhancement/+5 insightful/+2 Festive bonus/True Globe +1 Exceptional =+23 Int. Quality +3 is my boots +2 Exceptional in my weapon = +27
Con: Docent +14/+5 insightful aug (missing quality, festive exceptiaal bonuses)
STR: I do use Str for Dire Charge effects (all 3) so I slotted a +14 Str diamond into a colorless slot (missing insightful, quality, festive exceptional bonuses)
DEX: my cloak gives me +14 my ring gives me +6 insightful +also got Nimble skill bonus +10 for skill cheks (missing quality, festive exceptional bonuses)
Cha: +14 in my Dino Helmet (only need it for a higher Intimidate so I slotted the highest value Enhancement aug. (Missing insightful or other types)
Wis: Using it for higher will saves and for higher spot so slotted a +14 diamond into a colorless slot. (also missing insightful or other types)

As it can be seen all of my stats (the enhancement bonuses) are covered by items and/or augments. What I could use is insightful or quality bonus or other type of bonuses. A well designed gearset does not in need of a +6 enhancement bonus. Even if it gives all king of stats.
As i posted earlier I would split this augment into 2 parts. Int/Wis/Cha and Str/Dex/Con jut like in the Primal Avatar Tree. And would go for a +5 insightful bonus for both augments. I would still consider to slot this new augment if it only fits into a purple or an orange slot in my weapon. Prolly I wouldnt use it cause I lost Deconstructor or Feareater. Of course it can be added into a shield or into an offhand weapon for 2wf but imo that limits the builds could use it.

Last edited:

Aldebarann

Thelanis Player
Int: I have a Dino Belt Artifact: +15 Enhancement/+5 insightful/+2 Festive bonus/True Globe +1 Exceptional =+23 Int. Quality +3 is my boots +2 Exceptional in my weapon = +27
Naive question: does the true globe exceptional bonus stuck with the dino exceptional one...?

Status
Not open for further replies.