Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 28th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Mickeymouse

How did you get multiple curses on an item BY ACCIDENT, when it required VERY SPECIFIC SHORT DEBUFF IN VERY SPECIFIC INSTANCE?

Smell of exploiting is always stinky, get the punishment. The curse of overloaded should not be removed by uncursing card.
Dude. I got duped items in my cache, from TR´s.. how do I know I accidently duped em, cause they are old useless items none would dupe on purpose.

zandoe

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
In my experience the character bank is not affected, only the shared bank. I am not 100% sure about this since this bug is random in the bank system and it cannot be reproduced directly.
What can I say, I'm good at what I do. :)

Now just need to hope *fingers crossed* we can request the Devs for some type of leeway. Although I'm sure the existing Overburdened Debuff Curse will remain. Currently mulling over possible routes ahead for players and Devs.

J1NG

voenixa121

What can I say, I'm good at what I do. :)

Now just need to hope *fingers crossed* we can request the Devs for some type of leeway. Although I'm sure the existing Overburdened Debuff Curse will remain. Currently mulling over possible routes ahead for players and Devs.

J1NG
Isn't this already the "leeway"? I imagine normally people would have gotten banned over this.

Tilomere explains the logical new meta build. Ki bolt, addrenaline ruiner monk (sentinel, draconic, GoF) with heavy armor and shield. Thats what they want us to play :unsure:
The game is not nearly difficult enough that you need to min-max everything into absurdity.

J1NG

Isn't this already the "leeway"? I imagine normally people would have gotten banned over this.
No. This is an approach, but it's using a catch all and (possibly) the belief that all players with Multi-Curse items are exploiters (OK some are, like myself, but I had good reason to make mine just now :p).

I have proof that shows that it is possible for an innocuous action (common in Day to Day DDO activity) to inadvertently cause a Multi-Curse to happen without ever intending it. But it would be impossible (as far as I can see) to tell who truly is innocent and who is not. But given that this approach taken by the Devs would condemn the Innocent along with the Guilty, this approach taken by the Devs is too harsh and largely unreasonable.

So I hope the Devs can consider the some leeway with what I have sent to Cordovan for review in a PM, or at least some similar alternatives.

J1NG

Rosze

For the angelic soul wonder if the heal effects work on negative energy or repair spells? Probably doesn’t but might be nice for warforged and Dark Appostate

seph1roth5

The ridiculous thing is, the devs clearly have the power to remove curses from items. The only reason to slap on a bad (not 100% what it does but I highly doubt it's anything beneficial) curse is 100% punishment. Now if this were something that couldn't happen accidentally, it'd be a jerk move, but understandable. Since it CAN happen accidentally, why go the extra step to tack on punishment?

J1NG

The ridiculous thing is, the devs clearly have the power to remove curses from items. The only reason to slap on a bad (not 100% what it does but I highly doubt it's anything beneficial) curse is 100% punishment. Now if this were something that couldn't happen accidentally, it'd be a jerk move, but understandable. Since it CAN happen accidentally, why go the extra step to tack on punishment?
The thing is, the Devs do not know everything. Unless if someone provides them proof of an innocent action being possible to be tied to this, the limited information they do have may suggest to them that it's only possible by deliberately doing so (this is of course false, as I have video evidence showing this that has sent to the Devs now). So we know that the Devs if they didn't know before, most certainly do now.

This would be the same as when we ask a Dev to check something, and they check it and it works according to tests conducted because it IS accurate to that test. But it may not hold all the relavent information to make it true when you factor in other details they didn't know about.

Now we just need to see how they approach the grace/leeway proposals.

Just a note everyone, I'm a horrible DM, so if I see the Devs does allow a grace/leeway up ahead, and those plans are close or identical to what I proposed, I'll be taking the full blame and also answering questions (within limits) as to why I chose those suggestions. So take appropriate venting to the right group.

J1NG

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I've got zero issue with hammering the sploiters. It might make them think twice next time. They knew fine well what they were doing and there should be consequences.

But if there are folks out there who are gonna be innocent victims of the hammer - and it looks like there are - then some mitigation for them would be fair.

If that means some sploiters get off a bit more lightly, then however reluctantly, so be it. The innocent should not be collectively punished for the sins of the guilty.👍

Jack Jarvis Esquire

The thing is, the Devs do not know everything. Unless if someone provides them proof of an innocent action being possible to be tied to this, the limited information they do have may suggest to them that it's only possible by deliberately doing so (this is of course false, as I have video evidence showing this that has sent to the Devs now). So we know that the Devs if they didn't know before, most certainly do now.

This would be the same as when we ask a Dev to check something, and they check it and it works according to tests conducted because it IS accurate to that test. But it may not hold all the relavent information to make it true when you factor in other details they didn't know about.

Now we just need to see how they approach the grace/leeway proposals.

Just a note everyone, I'm a horrible DM, so if I see the Devs does allow a grace/leeway up ahead, and those plans are close or identical to what I proposed, I'll be taking the full blame and also answering questions (within limits) as to why I chose those suggestions. So take appropriate venting to the right group.

J1NG
FWIW I think any such rebuke would be churlish and inappropriate in the extreme, as there is currently zero leeway, and that will remain the case unless your intervention here is accepted. You should be applauded nomatter the outcome - at least you've given it a damned good shot, and better than anyone else afaics. 👏👏👏

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Master the Acoustics rank 3 now doubles the sonic damage for all epic strikes in the tree in additional to it's original bonuses.

Hunt's End and Pin have switched places, with Pin becomes the new epic strike. Pin gets upgraded now in Hunt's End's place, and Hunts End is now multiselected with the Beguiling Charm ability and is no longer an Epic Strike.

@Cordovan Typos in bold above. Also:

"Final Strike" (under the "Area of Effect Ranged Attack System") should mention its been renamed to "Opening Volley" (this is mentioned near the end of the patch notes, in the "Gameplay and Balance Changes" section, but should be mentioned earlier too).

In the "Area of Effect Ranged Attack System" section, "Inferno Shot" is showing up with its old name, and doesn't list its newly added effects. Its updated effect and name are listed in the "Gameplay and Balance Changes" section, and should be copy/pasted to the AoE section to avoid confusion.

WuHu

My word, you would think that the sky is falling from all of these posts :D
Atleast they listen to us about the Ravager tree.
I don't know if cruel cut lign is good now, but it is one hell of a buff. If it isn't good now, then it never will be :p
Super awesome they removed the alignment restrictions from the DL stances.
Changes look good overall, casters will have to try and actualy work for their dmg and builds, instead of a win now button.
I'm ready for the hate comments ^^

Jack Jarvis Esquire

My word, you would think that the sky is falling from all of these posts :D
Atleast they listen to us about the Ravager tree.
I don't know if cruel cut lign is good now, but it is one hell of a buff. If it isn't good now, then it never will be :p
Super awesome they removed the alignment restrictions from the DL stances.
Changes look good overall, casters will have to try and actualy work for their dmg and builds, instead of a win now button.
I'm ready for the hate comments ^^
No hate here.

This update has a fair few nerfs and those are never nice or welcome. Folks have every right to complain about them.

That said, you're right in that it isn't all awful. Ravager changes being a good example, insomuch as yes, good overall, but the anti rage restrictions on the DL STR trance are poor and unnecessary IMO, but that disappointment doesn't overshadow the positives.

That doesn't diminish the valid concerns about nerfs elsewhere. Some builds, as always, will take a kicking. 🙁👍

Mickeymouse

I've got zero issue with hammering the sploiters. It might make them think twice next time. They knew fine well what they were doing and there should be consequences.

But if there are folks out there who are gonna be innocent victims of the hammer - and it looks like there are - then some mitigation for them would be fair.

If that means some sploiters get off a bit more lightly, then however reluctantly, so be it. The innocent should not be collectively punished for the sins of the guilty.👍
True in general.. worst exploits that are truly affecting this game both in terms of economy and class nerfs (and also achievements in-direct) aren´t handled nor discussed. This exploit was a psy-op thou. With Pirates of the Carribean plot theme... edit: and what are the odds that real exploiters haven´t duped the get out jail card already? haha. reminds me of dupapalozza, that only punished non-dupers by the end of the day.

Last edited:

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
duped the get out jail card already? haha. reminds me of dupapalozza, that only punished non-dupers by the end of the day.
Yes. They know the number of cleansers, they see the number of quest completions, they can count the player activity. And now it's just another example of EXTREME PREJUDICE hamhanded response. Only the innocent get punished. The exploiters/dupers have enough cleansers/decks to last forever.

WuHu

No hate here.

This update has a fair few nerfs and those are never nice or welcome. Folks have every right to complain about them.

That said, you're right in that it isn't all awful. Ravager changes being a good example, insomuch as yes, good overall, but the anti rage restrictions on the DL STR trance are poor and unnecessary IMO, but that disappointment doesn't overshadow the positives.

That doesn't diminish the valid concerns about nerfs elsewhere. Some builds, as always, will take a kicking. 🙁👍
You're absolutely right. I just see way to much negativity compared to the good job they are doing.
Not only is it weird that they can't rage, they also felt the need to nerf the ravager tree for them. Clearly the tree is a complete mismatch and shouldn't belong there. No rage, nerfed cores. They clearly think it is to gewd, and doesn't fit the character style with no rage. Why put it inthere to begin with?

There's no need for it though, there's so many things broken in this game thats it laughable, things not working properly that get discovered by the player base and take months if not years to fix because fixing it is beneficial for the player base, and this multi cursing method being bugged is beneficial for the player base so what happens? It's fixed within weeks

If ssg could just learn to code and stop breaking their game things would be a lot better 🤡

Ssg doesn't really care for their player base they care about $$$ and this just shows that. This cursing system is beyond stupid anyway. On my first set of curses I rolled deathblock on 6 of my items all of which are reaper boosted. If I roll a main stat curse on a blank item it right away makes the boosted item obsolete. For those who like to min/max this system is beyond terrible and just another money grab to get people to buy shards to reroll for cards, buy shards to buy cleansers for their perfect rolled items, and buy shards to reroll chests in hopes of getting another perfect rolled item.

It's dumb.

Last edited: