Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 28th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Aelonwy

I can not give specifics (clearly as it'll be detailing replication), but I can tell you that tests thus far is unable to reproduce any "Uncursed" items from suddenly becoming "Cursed". So you (and others) should be safe from just Reincarnating and playing as normal and not coming close to using the Curse system.

J1NG
That's a relief.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

IKR. I saw someone post a double cursed item on here weeks ago but never seen any in game. Just assumed it was bugged out somehow.

I've definitely none on my main's "live gear", but, based on what I could gather from J1NGs posts earlier, I haven't TR'd in ages and not checked my stored gear so who knows if anything is lurking there. I don't think I've many cursed items in storage anyway - just a few with potentially useful stuff I might use in future like spell crits I'll never use now. If those get hammered I doubt I'd even notice. YMMV.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Nonbut they do have the ability to track cleansers tha have been mailed, traded and auctioned and thereby are able to track there origins and destinations. Lets track these people down and nail them to the stake and destroy their main accounts utterly, and do it in a good way, delete all their gear and delete any toons with past lives and put a big label on any of their remaking toons above their head saying exploiter. Leave them with a shell of an account and all their anger so some will still feel the need to fight their way back and pay lots of cash to do so,

Lol this punishment would remind me of the “shame shame shame” scene from game of thrones. Stripped from their unearned position of power to a measly nothing. Lol although i would prefer a good old back alley beating for these folk or even better a gladiator ring feeding to the lions. Of course thats just simply because i have zero sympathy for the lowest dredges in the world.
We could just throw ***** at them! 😂👍

liosliante

• We have corrected a bug that could allow players to put more than one Curse from the Deck of Many Treasures onto an item. Characters that have more than one Curse on a particular item have had those Curses removed and replaced with Curse of the Overloaded, which must be removed with a Card of Curse Cleansing before any new Curses can be applied.
Ouchy? 😂👍
I didn't know this. All the time I was using one on an item.
It's a good idea to have different cards on the future to put more than one Curse on an item!!

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Nonbut they do have the ability to track cleansers tha have been mailed, traded and auctioned and thereby are able to track there origins and destinations. Lets track these people down and nail them to the stake and destroy their main accounts utterly, and do it in a good way, delete all their gear and delete any toons with past lives and put a big label on any of their remaking toons above their head saying exploiter. Leave them with a shell of an account and all their anger so some will still feel the need to fight their way back and pay lots of cash to do so,

Lol this punishment would remind me of the “shame shame shame” scene from game of thrones. Stripped from their unearned position of power to a measly nothing. Lol although i would prefer a good old back alley beating for these folk or even better a gladiator ring feeding to the lions. Of course thats just simply because i have zero sympathy for the lowest dredges in the world.
Whilst it may be true they can track Cleanser Cards that have been mailed, traded and auctioned. This was not the topic that I was replying to. :)

Also, if you truly want SSG to be draconian with this "No holds barred, ban them all" approach. I can tell you that no one in DDO for the past 18 years of it's life would be safe from this Multi-Curse issue (the topic I was replying to). Therefore, EVERYONE must be banned and have everything deleted. You, me, the Devs themselves. Because that's how big a system we're talking about here that's goofed up. Only someone who has NOT played DDO before would be exempt from being banned and their account deleted of all material.

I wonder how many players would be sticking around if that happened? How many would correctly cry foul? And how quickly would SSG shut up DDO shop if that was attempted?

If there's a 100% confirmed no false positive approach to something. Go for it. But given the topic I was talking about (Multi-Curse items being possible without ever intending to make them Multi-Curse) and the ease of doing so. Means SSG would be silly to take that approach to the extreme.

J1NG

The Narc

Whilst it may be true they can track Cleanser Cards that have been mailed, traded and auctioned. This was not the topic that I was replying to. :)

Also, if you truly want SSG to be draconian with this "No holds barred, ban them all" approach. I can tell you that no one in DDO for the past 18 years of it's life would be safe from this Multi-Curse issue (the topic I was replying to). Therefore, EVERYONE must be banned and have everything deleted. You, me, the Devs themselves. Because that's how big a system we're talking about here that's goofed up. Only someone who has NOT played DDO before would be exempt from being banned and their account deleted of all material.

I wonder how many players would be sticking around if that happened? How many would correctly cry foul? And how quickly would SSG shut up DDO shop if that was attempted?

If there's a 100% confirmed no false positive approach to something. Go for it. But given the topic I was talking about (Multi-Curse items being possible without ever intending to make them Multi-Curse) and the ease of doing so. Means SSG would be silly to take that approach to the extreme.

J1NG
Dont try to rewrite my post, nowhere did i specify every person that may have purchased a duped item of the auction house or been given one should be impacted.

No lets track them to the origin of the duping which will likely be a sock account. Then track all outgoing transactions and find the accounts like jack jarvis indicate that have benefitted from receiving multiple such said duped items thru a chain of gifting or auction house purchasing(used by dupers to try and conceal the transaction). Obviously the players that have done said actions to gain multiple versions on some of the most perfected gear are guilty as sin and the “shame” should come.

So my version of rewriting your post is “i dont see why you are clearly trying to defend the guilty by using the innocent as such a said shield.”. There are no innocent people running around with dozens of double cursed items, these are clearly the accounts they should be investigating as the destination of duped items, it is literally a perfect trap for the devs to figure out who the dupers are. Find them and nail them to the stake, steal away all their time invested in this game and make them little nothings.

Reactions: DBZ

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
So my version of rewriting your post is “i dont see why you are clearly trying to defend the guilty by using the innocent as such a said shield.”. There are no innocent people running around with dozens of double cursed items, these are clearly the accounts they should be investigating as the destination of duped items, it is literally a perfect trap for the devs to figure out who the dupers are. Find them and nail them to the stake, steal away all their time invested in this game and make them little nothings.
The evidence I sent in to the Devs would say otherwise.

J1NG

The Narc

The evidence I sent in to the Devs would say otherwise.

J1NG
Lol yeah lets see a show of hands from all those claiming to be innocent that have a dozen or more double cursed items.

All you have apparently have proven is that there is a way for this bug to produce double cursed items, for someone to have a dozen of these the would have to have a minimum of 12 cursed sets to begin with, there will be a small pool of folks with that and even a smaller poool that will then have the double curse bug.

Those that do are the perfect location to start a deep dive investigation in the trading and selling of cleanser cards, from origin to destination, the fact that you are here trying to create a defense for such things so prolifically and trying to rewrite my text as to deflect on the obvious location of such exploiters puts you under a magnifying glass as well, but i am sure you would never take part in such audacious acts.

Onyxia2016

Who would want to put a self imposed gag and not be able to speak about incoming changes. I for one would never agree to being locked behind a gag order contract, it seems to me people that want to be the council are clearly looking for status empowerment. I would not sell my soul in such a manner.

I can see your point, but I when I was testing for Turbine prior to launch and even after launch. I signed an actually NDA, not just a gentlemen's agreement. Of course back then feedback was respected and listened to. It was not just finding bugs but also pointing out balance issues, were quest intuitive, remember we did not have DDOWiki back then. Every quest we tested we had to learn on the fly and if it was to complex people would get frustrated. Adding more clues or drawning attention to a level that is hidden a little to well usually fixed it.

If feedback was seen in the same light as back then I could hold my tongue regarding upcoming things until they are officially announced all in the name of bettering the game. But alas I do not see this happening based on the Lam feedback that goes unacknowledged.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I get the impulse to treat miscreants severely, and hugely sympathise with that, but the overriding axiom needs to be don't collectively punish the innocent.

I've learned to trust J1NG's insights and analyses implicitly over the years, and I do so now. If they say this problem is deep and wide enough to impact everyone, well OK. Galling as it may be, we can't have any innocent folks impacted by this unfairly. Or next time it could be you 🙁 - or even more problematically, ME! 😧

Mickeymouse

Dont try to rewrite my post, nowhere did i specify every person that may have purchased a duped item of the auction house or been given one should be impacted.
The problem is with this "exploit"

if you do not understand english, and you have an above average IQ and pay attention to your gaming, you´d probably figure out fairly fast how to double curse the cards and see it as a part of the mechanic or a feature. It´s not exacly duping or especially shady. You can even stumble upon it while gaming if you pay just a bit of attention to whats going on...

Dragxon

Where did the idea that card cleansers were duped? The only confirmed bug/exploit is the multicurse.

You sound very vindictive and I am sure you live a perfect life in your glass house as you throw stones.

Also threatening or implying real world violence on people I believe is against the forum rules and probably should get you banned.

Ahpuch

I agree (for cleanser duping) but a part of me also says that if at this time SSG still has not fixed the duping problems then that is on them. How can this still be a thing so many years later? The fact that SSG doesn't invest time in recoding to prevent duping tells me that they seem to care about this less than we do.

Onyxia2016

Where did the idea that card cleansers were duped? The only confirmed bug/exploit is the multicurse.

You sound very vindictive and I am sure you live a perfect life in your glass house as you throw stones.

Also threatening or implying real world violence on people I believe is against the forum rules and probably should get you banned.

In this context the vivid picture @The Narc paints is not directed to a specific person so it does no fall under that forum rule.
What he prefers as a punishment is not the same as if state he is going to do XYZ to a specific person.

voenixa121

Its just cheating in a game. That certainly makes these people unlikable jerks, and punishment is needed, but it doesnt turn anyone into the "lowest dredges in the world".

The Narc

I can see your point, but I when I was testing for Turbine prior to launch and even after launch. I signed an actually NDA, not just a gentlemen's agreement. Of course back then feedback was respected and listened to. It was not just finding bugs but also pointing out balance issues, were quest intuitive, remember we did not have DDOWiki back then. Every quest we tested we had to learn on the fly and if it was to complex people would get frustrated. Adding more clues or drawning attention to a level that is hidden a little to well usually fixed it.

If feedback was seen in the same light as back then I could hold my tongue regarding upcoming things until they are officially announced all in the name of bettering the game. But alas I do not see this happening based on the Lam feedback that goes unacknowledged.
As some have said breaking the NDA would result in being removed from the council and that would not be such a stiff gag order, but the option for them to ban your account is clearly a gag order.

Many things in history have had whistle blowers that have sacrificed themselves to help the public recognize something aweful that is going on or about to go on, the fact that they also indicate that they can ban your account for breaking the NDA clearly indicates you will be sacrificing yourself as a whistle blower in this case too.

The Narc

In this context the vivid picture @The Narc paints is not directed to a specific person so it does no fall under that forum rule.
What he prefers as a punishment is not the same as if state he is going to do XYZ to a specific person.
Thx Onyxia2016

I wasnt going to be baited into a response anyways, but it is appreciated that you can see the overbloated unrealism of my suggested punishment as nothing more than that, i mean really do we have gladiator rings?!?