We have a one-question survey for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jummby

We're interested in getting a quick read from you on whether you'd recommend Dungeons & Dragons Online to a friend. Please consider filling out this one-question survey on Google Forms here: https://forms.gle/fCAjCA85mFkSLejbA

Thanks!
I did the survey Cordovan and I am.sorry. I can't recommend this game to new people I Know. Cost wise, the barrier to entry for a starting player is too high even with the coupon code. Once a new player starts, there is the issue of stat tomes, heroic xp tomes, epic xp tomes, destiny tomes, etc...than after all that money (hundreds of dollars)....Guess what!? Thier toon is first life and struggle to keep up with the friends they wanted to play with than quit.

Than I would hope the friends I recommended this game to forgive me for the money they spent.

Or!

Feel the need to reimburse them for recommending DDO.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

Not gonna argue/debate this too much, but this doesn't sound like a barrier to "Entry" issue...those are things happening wayyyyy later after Entry

also from hearing some of the Veterans Streamers, on HardCore servers they most often decide Not to purchase any of the High + tomes due to the expense and rather earn it in-game by playing thru the content and getting Favour and earn the tomes that way, and DDOpts along the way...

...and without any of those Tomes, they still have No problems playing thru the adventures with Parties, Groups due to the Player Skills and Knowledge developed which are arguably (as has been already argued elsewhere in the Forums so need Not be "Re-Litigated" here) to be Vastly Important differentiator or "catch-up mechanism" that any Players can do and "for free"(just time to learn) - mechanism being the Learning of the Game whether by learning from your friends who introduced the game, party/group/guild, or learning from watching videos, reading forums, Wiki/Compendium, etc. for strategies and techniques ... which is similar to if one wants to be better at say Chess, then one watches how the experts play thru Videos or read books about "Opening Moves" by the Chess Grandmasters, and so forth ...or back in the day one might get those Nintendo monthly magazines to read how to play such-and-such game better or to find out secret locations, etc.

Last edited:

Falkor

Yes, great to finally see some marketing surveys. Yet this is a fail. Requiring people to be logged into a google account is a massive barrier to response. This is not how you do marketing. C for effort, F for implementation.

Your results will be worthless. At best you can get some statistical guess, but there is no context or other data that makes the answers to your survey relevant. Making decisions on the results of this survey would be, plainly stated, dumb.

Your survey needs to ask why people would or would not recommend this game.

What it would take for them to begin introducing players.

If they are, or not, paying players.

Last time they purchased an item. what motivated that purchase.

What would encourage them to continue spending, or to restart spending if they no longer do.

And a few other important questions that any moderately competent marketing professional would know to ask.

Its a good start. work on improving your strategy and marketing tactics.

That said, no, I will not recommend this game to anyone else ever again. None of the people I have introduced to DDo has stayed with the game. It just is not new player friendly, and if I am going to game with friends, we have better games.

Last edited:

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

sooooo, BTW just re-read the original post it did say a "quick" read

"[...] interested in getting a quick read from you on [...]"

so hopefully they'll Release a more thorough, detailed survey incorporating all the feedback into the next In-depth survey that's available both In Forum as well as Google Forms and maybe somewhere else that doesn't require sign-in e.g. SurveyMonkey or some other such thing.... (I know other websites do via SurveyMonkey and then at the end of it ask if u want to Optionally include your email/gmail address for a chance at a reward, whether some Awesome music instrument/equipment or some Store Gift Card, etc. (like e.g. say a chance of Top Prize of + X Tome of your choice, or XP Tome or AP Tome, or some such, *hint hint* )

Last edited:

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

.... I mean they did say "Please consider [...]" it ... even with the Magic Word "Please"

so No is a valid answer to Decline the invitation, such as an Invitation to Dinner by Count Strahd....

Last edited:

Blunt Hackett

I already did the survey, but didn't think to say something.

One of the big reasons I've never invited someone to play the game is I wouldn't be able to play with them anyway. We wouldn't level at the same rate even if I got them greater tomes of learning.

Removing the 2nd and 3rd life xp penalty would go a long way to fixing this problem. Making a system where you can play as if you were at their level would be even better. This game just isn't that great as a friends' online game night type of game. Even in-game friends I made in the past were rarely my level.

Last edited:

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

but.... u can start new characters

I do that when I intro friends to the game, so there's No too much gear or other power differences

plus u always have the option to cap on XP at their level ....

Blunt Hackett

but.... u can start new characters

I do that when I intro friends to the game, so there's No too much gear or other power differences

plus u always have the option to cap on XP at their level ....
Fair points. But I have played many games with friends where being a few levels ahead didn't have much impact. But the way DDO is designed, it penalizes you for being out of a very narrow level range, even possibly locking you out if you were wanting to do reaper. Imagine how much more successful DDO would have been if they had the option to temporarily reduce your level when partying or some other QoL feature that made partying with friends an option at any point regardless of your level.

As things stand, my only recourse would be creating a new character on another server (or buy a character slot) and not touching that character at all unless playing with the friend. Or we can just play another game where we can co-op with no hassle at all. I'll always choose the latter because we won't be penalized.

Last edited:

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
My friends laugh at me when I tell them I've been playing this game for over ten years.

I answer them "Wait until it's out of beta!".
Yes it's 100 years old or so with spaggheti code and nobody around from the original team so they are basically rebuilding the whole game one system at a time resulting in new bugs every update that are new and improved versions over the original ones. Kind of like cockroaches having developed an immunity to pesticide, wings and an appetite for human garbage.

I mean, who would have thought trying to fix the original ladder bug would introduce ladder bug 2

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

well...also 1 more thing u could try to do is create a New account (so No need to buy a char slot), get that Free quests code going on now, do few quests to buy the 4 packs of 99 DDOpts each ... and play with your friends completely Fresh with Fresh Newbie account (y) ;) and go thru adventures with them to buy the other Expansion packs contents when on sale or the 30% choose your discount code is on again

(that's my plan with my current group of friends who I newly intro'ed to the game ... I maybe join in sometimes with my VIP account if they need to unlock Elite or something but when champs show up we're just gonna play Normal or Hard anyways)

PaleFox

Seems like I'm on par with the first page commenters, this game can be a huge time sink.
I'd recommend it to the retired folks only, and then only those with cash to burn.

So, I hope this game is still around when I hit that age as I hardly have time anymore.

DDO Gaming

Fair points. But I have played many games with friends where being a few levels ahead didn't have much impact. But the way DDO is designed, it penalizes you for being out of a very narrow level range, even possibly locking you out if you were wanting to do reaper. Imagine how much more successful DDO would have been if they had the option to temporarily reduced your level when partying or some other QoL feature that made partying with friends an option at any point regardless of your level.

As things stand, my only recourse would be creating a new character on another server (or buy a character slot) and not touching that character at all unless playing with the friend. Or we can just play another game where we can co-op with no hassle at all. I'll always choose the latter because we won't be penalized.
or you utilize the multiple world servers for different characters/quests. you don;t need to place all your eggs (or characters) in one server/basket

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
We're interested in getting a quick read from you on whether you'd recommend Dungeons & Dragons Online to a friend. Please consider filling out this one-question survey on Google Forms here: https://forms.gle/fCAjCA85mFkSLejbA

Thanks!

is the deadline that same as lotro? the one in lotro forum states, copypasting,

We have a one-question survey in Google Forms available here: https://forms.gle/sxRLo6ToUcE4gB8h9

This question asks whether you would recommend The Lord of the Rings Online to a friend. Thanks! The survey results will be forwarded to people inside of the office on Monday.

???

John3000

Yeah, I was already logged into my Google account so I never got a prompt that it was logging my account. I do not appreciate this at all, and want my form and information deleted. Until this is done, DDO gets a 0/10.

I doubt they can do that. The google survey was configured anonymously...

It said so in the google forms if you hovered on the "Not shared" logo :

u4yhpi7.jpeg

No google account info sent. Google Forms just proxifies the question responses and sends them the info without your account info.

But I can understand how you missed it. The spot DC is fairly high on this one... Seems many other forumites missed the check as well :)

You can sleep well :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.